Loser, Whatever!

Frustrations

I knew from that moment that I was starting to obsess. And it wasn't because he was a super-famous Quidditch player. It was because he had an amazing personality and wasn't stuck up at all when we talked. He was so sweet and to-the-point. No beating around the bush. He knew what he wanted and exactly how to get it. Yes it was true.

I was falling for Oliver Wood.

I was on the computer all day, but he didn't sign in. Why was it that whenever I didn't want to talk to him, he was always there, but now, when I actually needed to talk to him, he was no where to be found.

By the time I was in my pajama shorts and a tight tank top for bed, he still hadn't signed on. I assumed he had other things to do, but he was always on MSN! I slept restlessly that night, waking up every two hours. But I finally settled at around 4:00 am. I slept until noon.

When I woke up and saw the time, I bounded out of bed and logged on to MSN. No luck. So I continued with my usual morning routine, bathroom, dress, then breakfast.

I got to the table and found Kurt sitting there eating a very messy peanut butter and jam sandwich.

"Oo gotha methage." He said with his mouth full, I winced.

"Please swallow." I replied. I took some bread out of the breadbox and started making a peanut butter and jam sandwich. Just because I knew it would drive him crazy if my sandwich looked better than his. Give him a break, he's only five!

"You got a message." That got my attention. Whenever an owl delivered a letter yesterday, my heart's pace doubled. Most of the time, it wasn't even for me. But my hopes were dangerously high.

I turned to the place I usually sat at the table. Sure enough, it was a letter with my name scribbled on the front in messy handwriting I didn't recognize.

'Bridgette,

Hey, it's me, Oliver. You didn't stick around after the game yesterday! You're going to have to be taught how it works after all games, win or loss. Party at my place!

Did you like the game anyway? I am enclosing season tickets for your family whether you like it or not. I just hope you're not mad that I only had two tickets for yesterday's game. Next game is tomorrow, but we're in Tutshill.

I'm writing this between practices and training. The Tornadoes are really good. Their Seeker set the record for the quickest capture of the Snitch, three and a half seconds! The tickets are good for away games too, so I hope to see you there. And just so it's clear, you're the only one allowed at the after-party.

See you there, I hope to meet your family.

-Oliver'

So that explained why he was so busy. But my heart melted because he found time to write a letter! Did this mean that he maybe sort of liked me? I'm still really new at this whole dating deal.

"Who's it from? Who's it from?" Kurt whined impatiently. I glared at him and reached inside the envelope for the season tickets. True to his word, there they were, all four of them, with a little place to mark each game attended. He was so generous! This was definitely a one-fan thing.

Kurt's eyes grew wide at the sight of the tickets. He jumped up from the table, jam and peanut butter smeared across his face, yelling, "Mommy! Mommy!"

Seconds later, he returned with our mother.

"Let me see that letter." She demanded. Sheesh, protective much? I placed the letter in her outstretched palm.

"What does it say? What does it say, Mommy?" Kurt whined. Why did he keep repeating stuff? We heard him the first time!

Mom just shushed him and finished reading Oliver's letter.

"There is no way you are going to any of these after-partys." Was all she had to say after a moment's hesitation.

"Okay, fine! We can keep the tickets though, right?" I reasoned, "I mean, since he went through the trouble of getting them for us."

"I'll have to talk to your father about that." She concluded. I knew this conversation was over. She left with my letter and the four tickets

"Mommy! Who's 'he'? Can we please keep them? Mommy! Mommy?" Kurt followed her out of the kitchen. Great, he was going to get her so frustrated, she was going to say no.

Later that night, when Kurt was in bed and my parents were drinking coffee in the living room, I decided to do a little eavesdropping.

"...don't see what it is with her!" My mother was ranting. Uh oh, 'her' could only mean me.

"I'm sure he's just being nice to her." My father was reasoning.

"'Nice' is paying for a drink when you're short a knut. 'Nice' is not giving away four season tickets for international Quidditch!" My mom ranted.

"I'm sure they're just good friends." My dad reassured her.

"Good friends?! We don't even know this guy, and all of a sudden he's giving our daughter expensive stuff for free?" My mom wasn't letting up.

"He went to Hogwarts and he was in Gryffindor, I'm sure there's nothing seriously wrong with him." Nothing 'seriously' wrong with him? Gee, thanks Dad.

"But he invited her to the after-parties! Who knows what happens there! They could get drunk then next thing you know..."

"You already established no after-parties," My dad cut her off, "But I see no problem in using the tickets. He already went through the trouble of getting them. And think of it this way, they meet at games, they fall in love, get married and she moves out." Ouch.

My mother laughed, "Oh, Ernst!" I heard her palm collide with his shirt. What kind of parents did I have?

Wait a second, we got to keep the tickets! Yay! Well, it wasn't the full deal Oliver offered, I was sort of looking forward to those after-parties. I guess I knew deep down that my mother would never condone it.

Next stop, Tutshill!