Genocide - The Best Kind

Chapter 10

The TV buzzes as the electricity flowing through it starts to become distorted, unable to cope with the small amount of electrons trying to be pushed through said wires. Bloody humans. Messing in areas of physics, completely unaware of the dangers they throw themselves into. I shake my head at the thought. Technology doubling every few hours...Every few hours.

"It's a grim day for society today as the nation turns to crime, unable to cope with the panic caused by Labour collapsing only five days ago. Imports have stopped, all flights have been grounded, and all ports have come to a halt. Panic has spread throughout towns and cities, and recent reports show that anyone who even remotely shows any connection to a form of authority - self appointed or otherwise - has been attacked. It is hard to say how long this dark time will be upon us and whether we will get through it all. Only one thing this reporter can be sure of, is this: If Britain doesn't put its egos aside and learn how to cooperate once again, it will be doomed. I'm Pete Ainsley, reporting live for BBC News."

An anchorman starts spouting more statistics and facts about the nation as images of looting, suggested rape and murder are shown on screen. I rock back and forth on the balls of my feet waiting for it...Waiting for the last resort...The last plan the government has... It'll be shown soon. Though, I won't have to wait for a report to tell me it's happened. Oh no. I'll be able to hear it, see it, feel the heat of the flames...

Static reaches my ears, followed by a pop to tell me the electricity has finally disappeared. A few screams from surrounding buildings as the shock of darkness hits them. They didn't seem to be expecting the utilities to stop, but hey, without government funding, and a society willing to pay, what's stopping them from shutting down? It's then when Hell begins to rear its ugly head. Car alarms, smashing windows, screams of terror, roars of random thugs. I close my eyes and rest my head on the back of the leather armchair.

She pulled through. One country down... Others will follow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so so so so SO very sorry for how long it's been since an update. I know I've lost about 4 subscribers, and to be fair, it has been over 3 weeks, so I completely understand. But I haven't got any good excuses. Just damned writer's block for my chaptered stories.

I have written a few one shots in the time I wasn't updating though. That's probably not something you want to hear, but please check them out. Constructive criticism would mean the world to me.

All you subscribers who hung in and waited patiently for this chapter, I love you so much! The story should pick up speed again from here. ^.^,