Genocide - The Best Kind

Chapter 14

"Prime Minister, surely you must reconsider." She states monotonously.

The sweaty, balding, waste of fat standing before her seems increasingly annoying at this stage in the process. He didn't quite seem to grasp the concepts Camilla presented to him, and the number of Generals and Sergeants in the room appeared to share the same feeling of irritation as it radiates through their thick suits.

"What do you want me to do Camilla? My whole cabinet's fallen apart, America thinks this is all a ploy to get them to ease off our backs, and Tokyo is seeing us as a plain target. I can't see a way out of this without pressing some sort of button which destroys a city somewhere."

An itch of lust for the destruction of a whole swarm of insignificant humans strikes Camilla's body - but she quickly bats it away.

"I want you to leave it all to me; give me the power Prime Minister." she whispers with the subtlest hint of seduction she can muster. "No one will have to know apart from these kind gentlemen, who I'm sure will keep it under their caps. If all goes well, I give the credit to you; If I make a bigger cock up of the situation than you Prime Minister - and even with my best intentions, this really is a rather large cock up, sir - you can blame the country's state entirely on the crazy lady who managed to bluff her way through security. A security company may fall in the process, but in the end, you're a hero for saving everything." She pauses. "It's your best option, sir."

The suit looks around at the war heroes surrounding him, suddenly feeling inadequate and feeble, and comes to a decision.

"Fine. You think you can do better, I relinquish my power and pass it unto you. Use all the gun power, knowledge, and men we have left to get this damn country back on track! Do whatever it takes, it's not like there's many morals left for the citizens anyway." He trails off.

"Thank you, sir. Very noble of you to do so. However, without any clauses, you appear to have signed your power off indefinitely and have become just a regular citizen in the process. I'm afraid to say, you no longer have a place in this office and if you do not leave of your own accord I will assign someone to show you the door personally."

His face drops as the truth strikes him, and he looks around for support from the men lining the walls of the office. All the ex-prime minister receives is a group of uncaring eyes staring through the now ordinary man standing before them, and a sinking feeling reaches the cholesterol-clogged muscle he calls a heart.

For a moment it looks as if he's about to say something - maybe his last words - but none leave his mouth. His leather clad hooves soon turn and shift one after the other until they reach the other side of the office door.

"Right gentlemen, now that useless excuse for a democratically assigned leader is out of the way, I have a solution to the world's infestation problem."

A silvery haired man raises his hand questioningly, and once noticed asks: "We have a barbaric riot going on just outside these very walls, I feel an infestation on any part of this planet is seemingly insignificant at the moment, don't you think?"

Camilla laughs in return and looks at the floor.

"What you don't understand General, is that even if we stop the 'barbarians' you describe outside from beating each other to death through sheer panic, unless we get rid of that infestation, the whole 'rescue' would be futile."

"I'm not following. There's an infestation which is causing such behaviour in people?" He tries to summarise.

She looks him in the eye. "No General. These people are the infestation."