Genocide - The Best Kind

Chapter 9

I think I must have grinned like a maniac as soon as she said that. But hey, considering my state of mind, some people would class me as a maniac anyway. Not that I would mind. Though I would prefer the term: savior, or maybe even mastermind. Mastermind has a nice ring to it. I mean I am pretty smart. Smart enough to know this little monologue is stupid and hedonistic. I don't need a self-righteous nickname or alias. I am who I am. And there's no need to dwell on such endorphin giving ego stroking.

I shove the thoughts aside and return to the conversation. Somehow when discussing the behaviour problems that could stop the plan from being a success, we turned to the subject of human bashing. How strange. But then again, who am I to complain?

I sit back in the surprisingly springy couch and try to ignore how comfortable it is.

"It's just hard to believe that 80% of the whole world's population, that's a couple of billion people, are so insecure that they have to believe in something supernatural. It just astounds me; the naiivety of it all!" She laughs behind her cup.

"To be honest, I'm surprised the Christian churches haven't tried to pull off re-writing parts of the Bible. I mean, if it was written to give the authorities more power back then, surely the same could work here? The Bible and other holy scriptures have such a hold on the world. If people aren't willing to bide by the laws the government has laid down for them, even at the risk of losing the one life they're sure they have; they will still definitely listen to a couple thousand year old book saying that the life they don't know for sure exists, will be damned." I shift around against the plush chair and try to stop myself from enjoying the slave labour and animals used to make it. "It's ridiculous. And the monuments they build to worship them..." I trail off, feeling my eye start to twitch as the anger brews inside me at the thought. "Those buildings... So many things... I mustn't." I look down at the floor and try to contain the emotions running through me.

"I understand completely. The labour, the forests, the land, the animals, all in the name of something they're unsure exists. And yet some people are 'crazy' for having imaginary friends." She laughs heartily and the angelic sound drifts soothingly across the room, entering through my ears and sinking into my skin, calming the beast writhing about inside me.

"This is starting to get weird..." a voice whispers in my head, but the endorphins flowing through me push it out, allowing me to close my eyes and fall into the pleasure the sound gives me.

"Explain." I softly murmur, my head slowly sinking into the cushioned backing.

"Well, some people are brought up from childhood to know and understand a God is there with them at all times, and they can speak to Him any time they want. He has no physical form, but we all see Him as the white dude with a wisdomous long beard, wearing a white tunic." Her hands move elegantly around in erratic movements to demonstrate her words. "But their parents point and say, 'hey, you see that kid over there, he's got issues. Pray for him, you know, talk to the air. Why? Because that boy over there has an imaginary friend. He doesn't seem to understand it doesn't exist, and he talks to it every now and then for guidance. He's dangerous and we don't want you to go near him.'" She waggles her finger as part of her impression and I can't help but laugh. The illusion is complete.

"Just because their imaginary friend hasn't been passed on for thousands of years, they're crazy." I summarise, lowly sniggering to myself while shaking my head.

"And people wonder why there are people like you." She smiles warmly at me and tilts her head once again.

My face drops. I'm suddenly disgusted at her and I have no idea why. That smile...It's just ...Just too...nice. I don't understand.

"So back to the matter at hand. Though I do love bashing human flaws, there isn't time for it. The longer they're alive the more damage is created. Yes the planet can last another decade or so but that doesn't mean we can go at an easy pace. We have to end the destruction now before there's no way for the world to recover.
"How do you plan to turn everyone against each other?"

She smiles again, that horrible, loving smile. It takes all I have to keep my face as serious as it was throughout my monologue. I've really got to stop doing them.

"You sound so powerful and righteous when you make speeches like that," She giggles. "I'm beginning to enjoy them."

I try not to gag, but my reflexes are too powerful and I have to pretend to cough to hide it. I might be disgusted with her for some bizarre reason now, but she's going to help in my mission, my reason to live, so I have to keep it hidden.

"So...your plan?" I insist again. She really does stray off subject a lot.

"Oh, that bit's simple." She states while setting the now empty mug down on its tiny plate. "We, as in the cabinet, needs to fall apart. Once that happens, everyone panics, and those who don't fight over the seat of power. Crime doesn't count any more as there's no authority to back it, and all hell breaks loose. You have your own little hell for humans sitting right here." She talks so matter of factly about it, and my heart starts pounding wildly again. Now that's beauty right there.

"How soon can we start?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait! Man I've had some massive writer's block for ages and I'm so sorry this being so late is the result of it. In any sense I'm worried that it's not my best because of this stupid writer's block, but I hope to get back on track soon.

Sorry again!