Sequel: Fighting Addiction.

Innocence to Experience.

part; eleven

As my senses started to awaken the following morning, almost all had something to experience. My whole body was warmed with the heat radiating off his body like the sun's rays. My nostrils took in a familiar smell, one I smelt at his cousin's house; stale cigarettes and alcohol. Behind that mixture of scents, lay a faint smell of cologne Oli wore, but it was never put on strongly. My hands were resting on a set of warm hands, larger than my own. My fingertips ran along them, feeling the slight roughness to them. Opening my eyes, I looked straight at my wall, finding Oli behind me, his arms wrapped loosely around me.

I inhaled deeply, exhaling with a sigh. I let my fingertips brush against his hand once more. Only a few seconds later, his grip got tighter, his head leaning closer to the back of my neck. He sighed much like I had, his breath trickling down my spine. I closed my eyes, a smile daring to appear.

Oli cleared his throat, and I felt his eyelashes lift. The thin hairs brushed against the fine hair on my back, once again, sending a pleasurable feeling through my body. This time the smile broke free.

"How are you feel Hun?" His words came out tiredly, cracked, and phlegm filled.

"Quite alright I must say." My voice sounded a lot better than his, and a lot clearer. Freeing my left hand from under the fabric, I pushed it down to my hips, letting some of the cold morning air hit my bare arms and face. It was a nice contrast from the warmness under the sheets. Oli's hand moved up to my hip, resting it, and used his index finger to draw lines.

"Goo-" With a creaking of an opening door, Oli's mouth shut firm. My eyes widened, my heart beat starting to increase. Quickly sitting up, I glanced down at him, his face matching mine. Without hesitation, Oli jumped out of my bed and made his way to my window. He glanced back once more, before foot steps sent him flying out of the exit, and I quickly closed the escape before my mother knocked on my closed door.

Without asking (like usual) she walked in casually, a bright smile adorning her thin lips. The creases in her face appeared at the outer corners of her eyes, and at the corners of her lips, showing her age. Her small, slim body walked over to mine, her arms opening, welcoming. I quickly stepped into her grasp.

"I missed you!" She squealed. I giggled over her shoulder. My eyes did a quick scan over of my room, hoping not to find anything of Oli's, and being disappointed. A couple feet from the door lay a black and green striped belt. He must have taken it off to be more comfortable. My teeth clenched, and my eyebrows rose.

"What is that boy you know doing running around?" My eyes widened, quickly letting go of my mother, and looking out the frosted glass. I turned in time to see Oli open and shut his door. I found another clue of his existence; finger prints on the window. The heat from his hand melted the frost on the bottom. My shoulders lifted momentarily, trying my hardest to dismiss any of my mother’s thoughts.

"How was the trip?"

"Work is always uneventful. You know that." She laughed. I smiled.

"I'm going to bed now, I haven't slept all night. So, good night." She said, kissing me lightly on my cheek, and left. I made my way over to my bed, slipping under the covers once more, but found it wasn't as nice as it felt previously. My eyes fluttered closed, wanting to sleep a few more hours possibly. Apparently that wasn't aloud. 15 minutes later, the door bell rang.

I was greeted with a distraught best friend. Rose Ann had a chihuahua's bludging eyes, complimented with a crimson red. Her face was covered in dried tears, snot, and make up. Her hair was out of place, and untamed. Her body was still fashioning her night wear. Before I could notice anything else, she lunged at me, her sobs rising and falling against my chest. I walked backwards, bringing her with me so I could close the door.

My arms gripped her tightly, letting her dress my shirt with whatever fluid she wished. I needed to change anyways.

"My parents, are-" She paused to sob once more, and taking a huge breath, choked out the last few words in this puzzle. "My parents are, getting a divorce. My mom-she-she... she wants to move away with me!"

I suddenly felt as thought someone had shoved a bowling ball into my stomach. I choked on air, my body motionless. My eyes grew wide and shocked for one more time that morning. Rose Ann's sobs grew louder, and she began to claw at my back like a tiger would claw at prey. She was clutched onto me like I was her life jacket, to stop her from drowning. But, I couldn't do anything. I was useless.

I choked out pointless words. Words I didn't even recall saying, and can't recall at this moment.

I was going to loose my best friend.

A helpless feeling overwhelmed me. My mind felt clouded before, but now it hit me like a brick. My face scrunched up ugly, and a sick sob echoed throughout the house. My sobs cracked once or twice, before my tears started to pour like a spring shower. My body shook against Rose's, mimicking the clawing action.

I refused to let her go.

"You-you can't!" My words sounded just as ugly as my face must have looked. They seemed stretched, as if I yawned while speaking. I felt Rose's head move side to side against my neck.

'This isn't happening.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't remember if I mentioned this previously.
School is being a huge skank, so updates aren't going to be quick.
But... they never really were xD

Comments?
Lovely :]