Sequel: Fighting Addiction.

Innocence to Experience.

part; one

"Mom, how much wine have you drank?" I smiled, walking over towards my mother. Her body lay across the maroon leather couches she bought only a few months prior, her body propped up with only her elbow, a Dean Koontz book in hand. She looked up at me as I grabbed the rather large wine glass filled half way with white wine. It was a change, conpared to her usual red wine. The liquid swirled around the inside of the round glass as I moved it in circles. After a moment of distraction, I looked infront of me, putting the glass down.

My mother looked up at me with a 'innocent' gaze.

"Only two, I swear!" She said, her smile breaking though the 'innocent' look, giving her away completely. I could tell she hadn't gotten drunk, she wasn't into that, but she could go through wine like water. It all depended on her day at work. That was why I asked her about the amount she drank. On bad days she has atleast 5 glasses. On bad days she went out with Rose Ann's mother to clear her head. Bad days could lead to bad things. Bad ideas led me to be paranoid.

I shook my head slightly, gazing at our front door. I was waiting to see a bright blonde running through the door, with a large smile on her face. Yes, I was waiting for Rose Ann to come and amuse me for the night, seeing as I had no one else to go to. Even if I had, I knew that I'd prefer her entertainment over anyone elses anyday. Being best friends with her for years, you learn to laugh at her bubbly personality, and no get annoyed by it. Besides, she was a great friend, an was serious when needed be. She contrasted me well, and that's why we got along so well.

Walking into the kitchen, I heard the front door open and slam, loud, fast footsteps following the sound. I turned to see my best friend standing there with a huge grin.

"And why are you grinning?" I asked, leaning back onto the marble counter, cocking my head to the side. Instead of answering immediatly, and loudly like I expected her, she bounced towards the large window beside the couch my mother lay on. The confusion on my face doubled, but then turned to curiosity as she pulled aside the curtains, looking outside. I tapped my foot in impatience, not really wanting to move from my spot. I heard another giggle come out of her before I decided to go check out what was so 'giggle worthy'.

As I reached where she stood, she moved aside.

"Look! Look at him!" Rose Ann said, pointing excitedly out the window, and across the street. My eyes followed her finger to a bunch of boys sitting on a old Cadillac. Without looking them over, I looked back at Rose Ann.

"What about them?" I asked, looking back over at them.

"Do you see?! Do you see that goregous boy over there?" She said, pointing to a guy sitting on the right side of all of the boys. I once again followed her finger, to a shaggy haired boy. His style was like all the others, with tight jeans, and tight shirts. His hair was about the same color brown as mine, wavy at the sides. All over his body were colorful tattoos. All of the boys, especially the one Rose had pointed out, looked alot like how I pictured myself, and the people I knew in my head. Those were the types of people I knew in my ficional world, the world I wanted most to live in. It seemed better then my world.

But in my fictional world, people are bad. I didn't like anything bad. Bad led me into things I didn't like.

After spacing out for a few moments, I realized that I had been caught staring. My eyes connected with the 'goregous' one, making me jump back with shock and shut the curtains. I turned to look back over at Rose with a shocked expression. Her eyebrow raised. My mother looked up from her book.

"What just happened?!" Rose asked, her face as confused as my mothers. Their confused stares burned the side of my head, but I ignored them. I shook my head, my fingertips moving back over to the curtains. I grasped the thick fabric, closing my eyes. Taking a deep breath, and opening my eyes, my slender fingers moved the heavy fabric back over to the side. I gasped.

There stood 'goregous' boy. Right on my front lawn, a huge smirk on his lips. Both the boys, and my eyes stayed locked, me gazing straight into what I saw to be light brown. Behind me, I heard footsteps, but I didn't pay attention to them, this boy stole all my focus. The lighting around him grew darker fast, light raindrops falling down his face, and onto his clothing. Across the street his friends yelled at him to come back over and inside. The plams of my hands rested against the window, feeling the air from outside cooling the glass.

I felt breath on my shoulder, but assumed that it was only Rose looking over my shoulder. The boy looked over at her quickly, before looking back at me. He blew a kiss our way, turned, and walked back across the street to his friends.

"Holy shit."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

:]