Sequel: Fighting Addiction.

Innocence to Experience.

part; twenty

My eyes fluttered open slowly, taking in the dimmed sunlight that spread across my tiny bedroom. Emily was already up, typing lightly on her laptop that sat on her blankets. I glanced over to the digital clock on my beside table, seeing that the time was 11:38.

"Well, good morning sleepy head. Ready to graduate?" Emily spoke up, shutting the laptop. Her smile instantly made me feel a lot better. I nodded to her.

My mood was no better than it'd been the night before that morning. The only change was that my bangs were stuck to my head, caused by sweat, and my head pounded.

"Actually, I really am. I need to get out of here and move on with life." The words left my mouth confidently, but sounded like a lie in my head. I knew that I wasn't ready to move on. I doubted I was ever going to be ready. But I had to force myself to, because I knew I couldn't let myself stay this miserable anymore. It was time to grow up. It was time to be an adult now.

The idea made my knees shake.

My hands searched through my dresser drawer later that day, trying desperately to find some Advil or some sort of painkiller before the graduation ceremony. The large cuffs of my blue graduation gown were getting in the way as I tossed around the useless junk that I always seemed to keep. I'd never hated my pack rat trait more than at that moment. I was frustrated, nervous, and excited all at once.

This basket case of emotions needed some pain killers before she was forced to walk down a long red aisle with people cheering and camera's flashing at all angles. She couldn't handle the sun bearing down on her without something to ease the pain. Advil was nothing close to the drugs I'd taken before, but just enough of it could calm me down so well I wouldn't worry about any of my anxieties.

"Let's go! We need to be there in like... 5 minutes! Oh my god! Let's go!" Emily's frantic voice rung from our door way just as I snatched up the pill bottle. I looked up to see her bouncing up and down, eyes showing nervousness much like me. Knowing she wouldn't give me any time, I slipped the pill bottle up my sleeve, holding it tightly.

The heat seemed ridiculous that day. Luckily, all the family and friends of the graduates got to wear whatever sort of summer clothing that they wanted. If the nervousness of getting up and having to move on in life wasn't hard enough, lets throw on some heat stroke to make things a lot easier.

I swore nature had something against me.

Emily led us through the heap of people that were crowded around the large stage to get us to our seats. "I'm sure the head of the school will be up to get everyone to sit soon, so we might as well just sit now." Emily spoke, leading me to our designated seats in front row. It was smart to put us up there. Now that we were closer to the stage, with no chairs or people in our way, I'd most likely not trip and make a fool of myself. I couldn't guarantee that.

As we sat down I tried to gaze through the crowd to find my mother. It seemed nearly impossible, but I spotted her. With one call from me, she turned quickly, smiled and came running over.

"Oh Christiane! I'm so proud!" My mother didn't hesitate to hug me tightly as soon as she came within 4 feet of me. She practically tackled me, and her body heat wasn't helping my situation, but I had never been so happy to see her in my whole life. I hugged back just as tightly, holding onto her like a scared child.

"I'm not ready to grow up and be an adult Mum. I don't want to." I whined into her shoulder. My mum started to laugh at the comment, making my frown. She didn't understand.

"What are you not ready for?" She asked, pulling away from me and taking a seat beside me.

"Responsibility."

My mother chuckled once more as someone started talking on the microphone.

"Well, I guess I should leave to my seat now." And with that my mother was gone. I sat back in my seat, crossed my legs and frowned. I soon remembered the Advil up my sleeve and popped in about 8 of those before any one noticed.

I barely listened to the woman talking through the microphone. I couldn't care less. I just wanted to hear my name, run up, and run away. Hopefully through that all I wouldn't trip and hurt myself. A trip to the hospital was not something I wanted to encounter.

Emily stood up soon into the name calling, her last name starting with a C. I never asked her what it was, and again I wasn't paying attention enough to hear it. Emily smiled down at me as she left, saying a small bye and reminding me that I was to meet her somewhere. I nodded, smiled back and shrunk down further into my seat.

When they got to S I realized that I really hated my mom for marrying a man with the letter W beginning his last name.

T.

U.

V.

Finally they called the first W.

The second.

Third.

"Christiane Winters." My knees started to shake as I slowly started to stand. I immediately heard a roar of clapping and the yelling of my mother. What she was saying I had no idea. Probably something about how proud she was. I did appreciate it, I appreciated her support. But I couldn't hear her over my heart pounding.

As I walked I focused on my feet, hoping that they wouldn't magically find something to trip over. I moved to walk up the stage stairs, walked forward towards the woman holding the rolled up piece of paper with a pretty bow. My hands gripped it tightly as I looked up quickly to smile at the woman. It was then that I heard someone else's yelling, and that voice I recognized immediately.

In mid hand shake with the woman, I looked over towards the very back of the collection of seats to see someone I thought I would never see again.

Oli stood in the back with a light blue dress shirt and a nice, rip free pair of jeans. His smile didn't dim after the years, seeing as he was smiling as bright as ever up at me.

I dropped the woman's hand quickly, muttering a quick thank you before running down the stairs, past Emily, and straight to Oli.

As I grew close, my speed picked up. He started to walk forward, and within 10 meters I could finally see his beautiful hazel eyes once again. Today they were green.

My body collided with his with a loud thud, and I didn't dare think of letting go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love me?
Yep :]

Uh, so I just had to write a children's book for an Anthropology class.
Never, ever again.
It's so horrid, it's scary.
Litterally, I wrote about how death isn't all bad.
With the "they're in a better place" thing.
><
Yeaaaaaa.

COMMENTTSSSS????!!?!?!!???!!