Sequel: Fighting Addiction.

Innocence to Experience.

part; two

'Where'd that guy come from?'

My eyes wandered over my cracked ceiling for minutes, minutes that seemed like hours. That thought wouldn't leave me alone. It was like that boy just appeared out of no where, kind of like he had been there all along but I had just realized. I had never seen him before, so it wasn't like he was always here. I surely would have recognized him if I'd seen him before. I knew it. I couldn't forget that face. I sure as hell knew that Rose wouldn't forget him, remembering her reactions to seeing him. But then again, he could just be visiting.

The dark peace in my room couldn't soothe me to sleep that night. My curiosity was at an all time high, and my brain wouldn't rest long enough for me to relax into anything more then a first state sleep. My body grew more and more restless by the minute, wanting to move. Knowing I would be awake for a while, I looked around my room for something to amuse myself, and failing. I let out a dissapointed sigh, my body sinking further into my matress.

Deciding to wander, I threw my legs over the side of my bed. My window looked intruging enough, so I decided to go with that. It wasn't like I had much else to choose from. It was either this window, or a bookshelf. Looking around, all I saw was a bunch of houses and cars, and the moon and the stars. My eyes fell down onto the grey roof that covered the garage below my room. Although I'd been tempted to go down there mulitple times, I was told it was bad. My mother told me that people fall off or houses and die. She told me it was a bad thing. Even after all those years, bad was still a word I dreaded, and now resented. I wish it just didn't exsist, and someone could pull it out of the dictionary. But it was so common, I knew that my wish would never come true.

With the disadvantage of being afraid of anything that involved that word, I didn't hate my mother for telling me things are bad. She was only trying to protect me. It probably wasn't ever intentional anyways.

I knew I'd have to overcome it one day, and I wanted to take steps to make it past it(even if they were baby steps).

Opening the latch to unlock to window, I pushed it aside. My body fit through the open space, and crawled down onto the roof, a worried feeling in the pit of my stomach. My head raced with the 'bad' in this idea, how I could fall off there and die. My finger tips gripped at the edge of the roofing, gazing down at the ground. Swallowing any saliva trapped in my mouth, I crawled back away from the edge, worried of falling. But even if I had fallen, the only injury I could have possibly sustained would have been a broken wrist. I was even too afraid of that.

The paranoid part of my brain was yelling at me to turn around, and to go back into the safety of my house. All my body kept telling me was to rest against the bricks and ignore my head for once in my life.

Resting back like I wanted to, and closing my eyes, I felt safe. Although as soon as I leaned back, I felt like I was being watched, I felt content with that someone eyeing me. Why, I couldn't understand. But out of curiousity, I opened my eyes to stare back into that boys.

He sat much like me, but across the street.

Both our faces remained emotionless, just staring back at one another. I felt like yelling out to him, but I knew I couldn't. I didn't even know this boy, I didn't feel like I could trust him either. Even though he was the kind of person that would be in my imaginary world, I didn't feel like I could feel safe around him. In my world, he would do things like drugs, and drink. He'd do everything to excess and be obnoxious and rude. I for some reason still felt safe with this stranger watching me.

I sighed lightly, a small smile directed towards him. He tilted his head at my gesture, a wide smile stretching across his face. My mouth opened, and mouthed the word 'hi'. I might as well have some contact with what seemed to be my new neighbour. With the same position he mouthed the welcoming back to me, moving forward on the roof. With the eye contact we had, I thought that he would move too forward and forget the drop that would come from falling. But instead, when reaching the edge of the roof, he swiftly jumped off, loosing eye contact with me for a moment.

I watched him run across the street silently. My mind raced as he moved closer and closer to where I sat. I heard scratching and rustling, and then saw his head pop up beside me.

"Help?" He asked, slight fear evident in his voice. I quickly moved to help him up, and he sat beside me.

Moments passed, and neither one of us uttered a word. We just sat there, staring ahead. That was untill I felt that feeling again. I turned to look at him. My blue eyes connected with his greeny colored eyes. After seeing him twice, I noticed his eyes changed color. I was always good at remembering features, especailly hazel eyes. I found them so pretty.

"Oliver Sykes, what's your name?" He asked, answering my un spoken question. I bit my lip a little, before holding out my hand gently.

"Christiane Winters."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ermm, more comments would be rad.
But I'm content with them :]