SHH! There's a Killer in the House

13

Bryan laid in the middle of his king size bed. He hadn’t left it in over two months, other to go the bathroom. Slowly, he healed over, scars were the only things left behind. He never could take his eyes off the scars the danced across his face. He was two-face now. He swore to have his revenge as well. That son of a bitch, Landon, will pay for what he did, with his life.

Fuck, Bryan thought as he stared at the mush his person nurse placed in front of him. Who ever thought of this as dinner was on something stronger then the morphine that trickled into his arm via IV. But he couldn’t do anything about it. He was in his doctors’ and specialists’ mercy. The only thing good that came from this was not having to work in the office or do any work at all. Too bad he wasn’t enjoying his time off, he was stuck in bed, dreaming of ways to kill Landon.

He ate the mush in silence, watching Batman: Dark Knight. “ALEXIS!” He shouted into the monitor by his bed. His nurse came rushing in. He smiled at the mini skirt she was trying to adjust. Her V-neck top dipped low down, exposing a lot of her fake breast. “Call Tyson and tell him to come here. I have a few suggestions for him to think about.”

“Yes, Mr. Arther,” she giggled, smiling innocently, sounding like a little school girl.
*****
I lost count of the days. Everything seemed to blend together. Jace brings in the meal, I pick at what I’m willing to eat, and he finishes off the rest. We eat every meal together and he always tells me some story about whatever is on his mind. I don’t really talk to him much, he’s ok, I guess, but he is just…. blah to me.

The door is always unlocked. I was instructed to open it and wait until the guard takes me to the bathroom then I come back and wait for my slow death. After every two meals, the door is locked and the lights are all shut off but not before Jace tie me to the bed. That’s when the nightmares roll in. Tears stream down my face as I dream of a monster chasing me through a hallway filled with doors. I could never open any of the doors to get away. The monster would gain up on me and right before he would grab me, I’d wake up to Jace shaking my stiff arm awake.

We were eating sweet and sour chicken with rice when Jace started talking again. “One time when I was with some friends at a Chinese restaurant when my friend- Heather? What’s wrong?” He asked, setting his fork down on his plate.

I looked away. “Nothing.”

We finish in silence. As he left he stopped at the door. “By the way, in a few hours I’m going to come back and take you to see your father. He’s been asking about you.” He left. My father wanted to see me? That made no sense. He wanted to kill me, that’s what Landon said. Was he lying when he read the back of the picture? This made no sense at all?

Jace came back for me. It didn’t feel like hours ago that he left. It felt like minutes. “Come on,” he gestured. Leading me out of my little cell. I didn’t know where I was going. He grabbed my arm, squeezing it tightly. “This way.” He lead me down around so many corners and hallways, I was getting dizzy. The he stopped at a windowless van. A man was already sitting in the driver’s seat. “Get in the back.”

I did as I was told. The floor of the van was uncomfortable, it was uneven and warped. Jace sat next to me with his legs stretched out in front of him while my knees were pressed up against me. The ride was so bumpy, Jace had to stop me from falling a few times. Sleep overtook me. I wasn’t used to being up so long.

The monster was chasing after me. I tried to run as fast as I could but couldn’t beat him. I could feel the heat of his breath on my neck. His claws reached out in front of me and pulled me into him. He was about to eat me, I could feel his tongue slide across my face. I woke up, sweating bullets. Jace had me wrapped up in his arms, his head resting on top of my head. He felt so warm so…. so…. different then what I grew used to. It seemed like everything I touched since living in my cell is either cold, hard, or both. Human touch was like eating chocolate for the first time.

“Jace?” I whispered. “Jace?” He started to stir. “Jace? I have to pee really really really badly.” His eyes jerked opened.

“Shit! Pull over at the next stop!” He shouted to the drive. Less than two minutes later Jace was dragging me through a McDonald’s to the back of the restaurant. “Go!” I rushed into the bathroom.

“JACE!” I yelled from my little stall. He huffed in. “I need a tampon.”

“WHAT?! I thought you just got off that!” He started to curse silently to himself. Some change jingled and a loud knob turned. “Here.” A cheap cardboard tampon was handed to me then he left the room.

Joyful, I bitterly thought as I put it in. Flushing the toilet, I walked out of the stall and washed my hands. Jace was waiting outside the door with a little to go bag. He handed it to me and turned. I quickly followed him, not paying attention. I ran into his back. “Oh sorry.”

He sighed, putting an arm over my shoulders and lead me to the parking lot. “You’re lucky I like you or I would be mad that you smashed the chicken nuggets and fries I got you!”

My eyes grew wide. “Really? You got that? For me?” I couldn’t help it, I jumped on him. “Thank you thank you THANK YOU sooooooo much!” I kissed him on the cheek.

Jace carried me all the way to van on his back. I was eating fries all the way there, letting him have a few that I fed to him. The guy driving rolled his eyes at us. Once back in the van, back in the back, I attacked the chicken. He got me a 20 piece and I ate all but one of them. He ended up stealing one while I was searching for the last of my fries. “That was sooooo good! Thanks, Jace.”

“You're welcome.” We drove the rest of the way in silence. When the van stopped. We all got out in a huge garage. It looked like someone took a plane hangar and cut it in half. Thirty classic cars of all types lined one side of the space. A handful of new cars lined the other. It was like I was in car paradise.

“Can you kill me in here?” I whispered, wanting to touch the 1964 fire red Camero. “Oh.” The white leather gleamed in the light that filtered through the windows in the ceiling. The chrome wheels were shining with the white walls of the tires spotless. The Corvette next to it looked cheap compared to it.

“Like it?” Jace chuckled, taking my hand.

“Oh, yeah,” I sighed. “They’re amazing! Beautifully restored with their original engines. My dad brought a few of these home to work on. I helped him work on them.”

He pulled me out of the garage. The door shut as we behind us. The house we were in was huge, there were so many different rooms to go in or halls to walk down, it was out of this world. We had to go up two flights of steps and walk down three different corridors until he stopped by a door. “Go in there and take a shower. You stink! And there is some clothes already laid out for you. Don’t go through that other door, either.” He opened the door. “And there are some female products in the little closet in there as well. I’ll meet you out here once you’re done.”
*****
Steve waited in his room, reading the newspaper. He was excited his daughter was coming in, but you couldn’t tell by the way he sat there, with a bored expression across his face. For sixty-nine days, fourteen hours and twenty-one minutes he’s been force to eat nasty, mushy food, lying in a bed, and relearn how to use the bathroom. Now he patiently waited to see his daughter again.

He imaged her running up to him with open arms, saying how much she missed him and how she loved him dearly. He went through his daily exercises, working out every kink in his body that he gained. His thoughts never wondered over to what or where Gloria’s body was. She was just an extendable part of his family. Now he only thought of his little girl and the offer he would be making her once she came in through the doors.

The door opened. Steve held his breath only to let it out again to see his nurse, Alyssa walking in with a cup of full of the pills I had to take. She tried to hide a smile when she saw disappointed face. “Don’t worry, Honey, she is getting cleaned up right as we speak.” She gave him the cup with a bottle of water.

“Thanks, Alyssa. How’s your sister doing?” He asked as he took the first couple of pills.

“Oh, Alexis? She’s living it up with Bryan, acting like a little school girl when he says something then having sex with his assist when she leaves his room. What else is new?” She shook her head.

“Seems you came out to be the smart twin, Alyssa,” he complemented as he finished off the last of the pills. “So, when will Heather be joining me?”

“I’d say in about twenty minutes. She figured out how to get the tub jet working and won’t get out.”

Steve smiled. “That sounds like her, never wanting to leave any form of bathing if she has to.” After Alyssa left, he went back to reading about oil prices. Time moved slower than ever for him. He kept checking his watch every minute, wait for Heather to walk in.

The door creaked open. A head popped in. Then the body was pushed in with the door closing behind it. A smile broke through Steve, from ear to ear. The wrinkles of the passing year made it known in face but he didn’t care as he watched his daughter slowly walked in, staying near the shadows. “Hello, my dear, come in.”

“Dad,” she hissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ME-ME, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

oh, by the way, i dont think i mention its my birthday today, hehe!