SHH! There's a Killer in the House

14

Pain rippled through my body. Pinchers were jabbed into my skin, right under my ribs. I had no energy left to yell out in pain, I can barely keep my head up to stare my host in the eyes. He smiled cruelly at me before thrusting the pinchers into a new spot under my ribs. A string of holes from the pinchers around belted around my body, all right below my ribs.

My body gave out. I slummed forward, my eyes closing. The man torturing me started to laugh as I shut down. Hopefully this would be the end for me, dear God, hopefully….
*****
“Dad,” I hissed. My feelings for him grew into hatred when I was showering. How could he do this to me? Let me sit in the cell, dying of lonesome? What kind of father would do that? My mind already dismiss the thought that he would but a hit out on me but it stuck in the back of my head that he may have done that.

His smile was warm and welcoming, it made me sick. “Sweetheart, come closer, I’ve been so worried about you! Come here and sit!” He beckon me closer. I sat on a chair in the far side of the room, glaring at him. We sat in silence for a long time. Finally he had to say something. “How have you been this last two months, dear?”

Two months? TWO MONTHS?! “Two months?” I got up and stomped over to him, steam roaring out of my ears. “You mean to tell me, I’ve been sitting in a little concrete cell with other the smiling face of some…. guy for TWO MONTHS?! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME IN A FUCKING LITTLE CELL FOR TWO MONTHS?!” Tears I thought I couldn’t shed fell down freely.

He just sat there, as if I didn’t scream at him, making me hate him even more. His big eyes just stared up at me, making my whole body shake from frustration. “How could you do that to me?” I barely whispered before clasping to the floor in a ball, crying. I just cried for what seemed like hours on the floor by his bed. He moved towards the edge and stroked my head, whispering little things to me, trying to calm me. Finally my tears slowed and sleep entered my body. I feel asleep with my head rested against the soft bed.

”Daddy? Daddy! Look at what I found!” The little girl giggled, holding a tiny lizard in her cupped hands. He smiled at her findings. “It’s pretty, honey. Where did you find it?” She pointed to the creek behind the house. “Out there!” With her hands opened, the lizard fell to the ground and quickly disappeared into the thick, green grass. The little girl began to cry. “Daddy! I dropped him! Daddy!” She ran into his arms, sad that she lost her lizard. “It’s ok, sweetheart, things like this happen all the time. You win some, you lost some.” He soothed her, rubbing her back.

I woke up in a giant, soft bed. Feather pillows were scattered all around, I guess I did that in my sleep, oh well. On the nightstand to the left of the bed, a glass of water and a lit lamp sat on it. I leaned over and took it, drinking deeply from it. A headache echoed throughout my head, it always happens when I cry myself to sleep.

The room was decked out in an ocean theme. Light blue walls with sand colored carpeting and pictures of sea life hanging on the walls. It reminded me of a spa. The curtains on the two separate windows were drawn back, exposing a cresting moon. Millions of stars shined in the pitch black sky, they were beautiful.

The door on the other side of the room opened slightly, “Knock knock,” Jace said, popping his head in. “Hello, Heather, thought you may be hungry, got a tray of food your father said to bring to you.” He walked into the room, holding a tray piled with food. The smell was over powering, my mouth watered.

He pushed the empty cup out of the way with the tray on the nightstand then sat down on the edge of the bed. He smiled brightly at me, lifting a plate off the tray and handed it to me. “How does that look?” He asked, placing the plate in my hands.

“Yeah, I guess,” I said, looking over the food. It was grilled chicken marinated in some lemon juices. Steamed vegetables sat to the side of the plate next to two buttered rolls. Jace had a plate with the same things on it. Two cups of milk still sat on the tray.

“Dig in,” he said, handing me a fork. The first bit of the chicken, I made a sour face. It tasted like rubber smothered in peppery tasted stuff. Jace made the same face I did. “What the hell?”

“Can I eat the rubber of your shoes instead?” I jokingly asked I ate one of the carrots. It tasted just as bad. Being brave, I tried the roll. It was the only thing that tasted good off the plate. I ate them both up in a few bites.

He sighed. “They said you have to eat it all, Heather. So, I guess, hold your breath and try to eat it without tasting it.” He put his plate back on the tray before turning to me and watching me stare at the chicken on my plate.

“Gross, why do I have to?” I whined, pushing the plate farther down my legs.

“Your father. He said you need to get more meat on your bones and to eat something healthy. He didn’t like that you haven’t been eating much.” I crossed my arms. There was no way I was going to eat this nasty stuff! It may smell good but that’s about it! “I was told to force feed you if I have to.” He informed, the kind look in his eyes disappearing.

I grumbled a “fine” and began eating the nasty food. After I was done, Jace left with the tray of plates. The door was locked behind him. I got up and looked around the room. The closet was filled with clothes, I guessed for me. There was a bathroom nearby. I walked in and gasped, it was the bathroom I showered in. This was the other door that I was told not to go in! I checked the other door, it was locked. “Figures,” I muttered.

The rest of the night I spent it looking at the sky. There was a TV in the room but nothing was good on the three hundred channels. Most channels were in a different language anyway so it wouldn’t matter.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy!

COMMENTS ARE LOVED!!!!