SHH! There's a Killer in the House

2

"Ice Cream" by Jeffree Star woke me up. Tara was calling me. God was she so lucky she's my best friend or else I would kill her for waking me up at 10 in the morning. "Ello?" I greeted her after opening my cell phone.

"So, are they gone?" She asked.

I got up and looked in their room. The zebra-printed suit cases were gone. All eight of them, and I didn't even get to hear them try to carry Gloria's skin products to the car. Dammit! "Yeah, they're gone. Sup?"

If you could ever hear a smile come across someone's face, that's what I would say I heard. I knew her so well that I knew it was her I've-got-a-plan smile that she only uses when she is about to get some one in trouble. "Do I hear baring music at a party going on, Heather?"

"I don't hear a thing, Tara. Maybe you should get your hearing checked," I joked as I walked downstairs to the kitchen. I'm thinking Lucky Charms for breakfast this morning even though there is no milk because Gloria is a vegan, well all must suffer no milk. And I don't touch soy milk, period.

"Come on, Heather. You're parents are gone, they aren't checking up on you with the little, old lady next door, you gotta throw a party!" She cried.

I thought about it. "Tara, why would I want to throw a party?" I asked. "I mean, I hate almost everyone at our school, I don't want them to know where I live. And, everyone I do like are gone on summer vacation but you so it wouldn't be much of a party."

"You have to! Come on, I could get Narcissus and Echo to come and they will bring all their fans! And don't you try to lie and say you don't like them because you were going crazy at their show last week." She pointed out.

I hate her. She knew me way to well. After thinking about it for a minute, I decided. "Sorry, Tara, I may love them but I love the car my dad promised me even more. Maybe next time."

She let out a puff of air. "God, what kind of child are you, not wanting to throw a party when the parents are gone! Anyway, mom is calling me, talk to you later."

"Bye," I said between mouthful of cereal. I looked down at the counter. By the pen we use to leave messages, there was a message for me from dad:

Heather,
We left early for our flight, we didn't want to wake you.
Be good, we'll be home in a few weeks, there should
be enough money in the money jar for you to go to the
store and buy a few things to keep your stomach full.
Don't spend it all on junk food. Don't go driving all
around, either. We'll call whenever we can. Love you!
Love Dad and Gloria


It didn't say anything about a party, I thought as I ate a balloon. Oh well, I'll be a good child, this time. Finally after a few more mouthful of the cereal, I put it away and headed towards the bathroom for a shower.

The warm water rushed over me, relaxing all my muscles. With each drop of water, it was like all my problems were getting washed away. The thought of parties were going down the drain with the hot water.
*****
The gunman was sitting in his car, polishing off his bagel. The sounds of Mr. Gordan moaning from the trunk car were the only sounds. But he didn't care. Everything was going according to plan, the girl was home alone, thinking her parents were gone, and Mr. Gordan was in pain. More pain then anyone could think of.

"....Narcissus and Echo to come and they will bring all their fans! And don't you try to lie and say you don't like them because you were going crazy at their show last week." He heard the friend, the girl's friend said. The gunman was listening to the phone call,he bugged the house, seeing if he could use any of the information later on. The girls talked more until the friend had to go.

"Well, well well, that was useless," he laughed as he heard the shower turn on. A few seconds later he could hear her singing from the bug he planted under the sink.

Since she isn't planing a party, he thought, how am I going to get in? Breaking in is too risking and besides, he has a key to the house, thanks to Mr. Gordan. But he also didn't want a fight when he first gets in. Hm, what could I do? He thought until something clicked.

"I got it!" He said as he started the car and headed into the city. "All I need to do is find a truck!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Narcissus and Echo is a real band, they go to my school (well, i know that one of them does)! you should totally add them on myspace if you like their kind of music. they don't have great recordings of their songs but they've only been together for a short time but they are AMAZING! the URL is
www.myspace.com/narcissusechos

add them now!

and leave me a comment on here while you're at it