‹ Prequel: This Is How We Do.

Noel.

Letting Go.

It was now three days after my poppy died. It was the day of his funeral. Before the funeral was to start, Alex and I were dropping Ashton and Lily off to Matilda's parents and at the same time, picking her up. All my friends knew my grandparents, so of course they would come to the funeral to pay their last respects.

"Im so sorry Kadee" Matildas mum Debbie pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks Mattie’s mum" I smiled.

"Come on Kadee, Were gonna be late" Alex shot a look at his watch and we left.

***FUNERAL***

"Walter was a down to earth man. Always had a smile on his face and had all the time in the world for his grandchildren," started someone im guessing to be one of his friends, "He was so excited when he found out about one of his middle GC's. 'Dan, Guess what?' I remembering him running after me yelling. I had asked what was up and he'd replied 'My Kadee, my little Kadee Bremmer's having a kid! Two kids actually, twins!' he was that excited and then within about.... An hour or two, the whole town knew"

I listened the man talk as tears fell from my closed eyes. Alex had my right hand firmly in his grip and Kellsie had the other, Jack was on her other side.

Before I knew it, it was my turn to go up and speak to the throng of people who had come to pay their respects. Most of the Moora townsfolk were here.

"My pop was more than just my pop, he was a best friend. He was there for me when I had troubles at school, work or home. He- He-" I bowed my head as a loud sob ripped through my chest, "He pushed me to go live my life to the fullest. I told him of my, my rock star boyfriend and how that s-same rock star boyfriend had invited me and my best friend Kells to work for them in the winter, or the summer in America, Pop told me, if I was going to stay here my whole life working for Big W as a checkout chick then I’d be wasting my life away, he told me to go for it. And that’s how my two lovely kids found themselves here, and pop was so excited, he- he -he didn't even get to meet them!" I cried. I felt arms wrap around me and lead me away.

"You did good boo" Alex whispered into my hair.

"Babe?"

"Yeah?"

"I want to go home" I sobbed, "I can’t stand it here, too many reminders of him. I miss him so much Alex!"

"Okay Kadee, when we get home I'll call the airlines and push the fly back date back. We'll be home soon boo"

"Okay, thankyou Alex" I lent up and kissed him softly on the lips before making my way back to my seat. I watched and listened as the ceremony came to an end and the wake began.

"Alex, please don't drink tonight, I don’t think I could stand the smell of you if you drank" I pleaded.

He nodded his head and smiled, before pressing his lips to mine. "I love you Kadee, and I love Ashton and Lillian. And Spot, Sebastian and Rosie, I hope they all get along"

"They will babe" I smiled at him. "Let's go party"

"Kay boo"

We spent the rest of the night dancing and drinking soda. Singing with Jack in the corner to gangster songs that came pounding out from the speakers and laughing at the not very funny jokes my Uncle Murray tried to tell us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two or three chapters left.
COMMENTS!