‹ Prequel: This Is How We Do.

Noel.

I guess I'll Go Home Now.

"Okay, so Kadee, we have a flight booked and it’s leaving tonight. I'll pack clothes for Ashton and me; you pack clothes for Lily and yourself. Jack....... You go home and do your stuff." Alex clapped his hands as if to dismiss us, and we all went in our separate directions.

I pulled out two large bags from under the nappy shelve in the nursery; one blue, the other pink. Out of Lillian's draw I pulled out 12 bonds singlets, 4 dresses, 2 pairs of tights, 8 shirts, 8 pants, a few pairs of socks, a beanie, 5 dummies and 3 pairs of shoes. In folded them all again and shoved them into the pink bag, sticking the bag on top of a box of baby girls nappies.

Then I went to my own room and swapped places with Alex, who went to the nursery to pack clothes for Ashton.

In my suitcase I packed; 7 shirts, 10 pairs of skinny legged jeans, 5 hoodie’s, 10 pairs of Bras and knickers, 7 pairs of socks, a black dress, my Nikes, my havianias, and a pair of black heels. I got out my toiletry bag and shoved a razor for Alex's face and another for my legs and underarms, a tube of toothpaste. Mine and Alex's big toothbrushes and Lily's and Ashton’s gum brushes. A hair brush, Alex and I would share; a little soft brush for Lily and Ashton, baby soap, some sanitary items and my moisturiser.

In the take on the plane bag I took some random nappies, four bottles of milk, mine and Alex's iPod's and phones, two blankets, and their carry case things to hold them on the plane.

We were set. Jack was on his way here, along with a cab driver. Patricia and Steve were taking Spot (The dog) to stay at their house while we were gone and watering our plants so they wouldn't die.

The cab ride to the airport took longer then usual, seeing as it was the first day of the school holidays and everyone was racing to get out of Baltimore for a holiday with their children. Cars of every colour passed us or honked their horns.

Eventually we made it to the airport. It was packed. Luckily Alex had pre-booked our flight to New York and from New York straight to Melbourne and we had first class tickets so we were ushered right on.

Alex sat with Jack and Ashton and I sat with Lily next to an elderly lady who looked about 100. Soon after takeoff Lily started to scream, so loud that I couldn't calm her.

"Kadee, settle her, or we'll be sent to the other section of the plane!" Alex called over the top of the seat.

"I can't she just.... wont...... stop...... screaming!" I cried out. I pulled a dummy from my bag and tried sticking it in her mouth, she spat it out.

The old lady reached across and said, "May I?" before she picked Lily up, layed her gently across her lap on her stomach and rubbed her back. Lily stopped crying.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!" I smiled.

"That’s okay; would you like me to put her back in the cradle?"

"If you want to hold her you can" I smiled.

"Thank you dear" she smiled, and closed her eyes, still rubbing Lily's back gently.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay for number two.

comments mean love (:

L O V E
xx