Lacin' up the Cleats

Epilogue

--> 2 Years Later <--

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Joe asked, squeezing your hand.
"I'll always wonder if I don't ask." You replied, giving a squeeze back.

He then let go of your hand as you walked into the jail.
You greeted the officer sitting at the front desk and asked to talk with one of the inmates. He asked who and you gave her name.

Once he had all the information he needed he led you into one of those rooms that you-talk-through-the-telephone-behind-the-glass-window places.

You waited and finally the door on the other side opened and a girl walked in wearing a bright orange outfit.

She slumped into her chair, snatched the phone off the hanger, and asked, "So you finally decided to come see me, yeah?"

You silently picked up your phone and answered, "Hi, Kirsty. I just wanted to ask you some questions."

When she didn't say anything you continued on, "You knew before I did. How did you know for sure?"

Sighing and rolling her eyes, she began, "Well one thing is that you are completely clueless. There was a picture of him staring at you in a magazine although I couldn't tell for sure if that was you or not. And the magazine never got a chance to interview you. A famous magazine. Front cover, too, saying how 'Joe Jonas has finally met his match.' Maybe you should try reading once in a while. It could help you become literate."

Ignoring the jibe, you asked, "But when did you know for sure?"

"I knew for sure at the concert, which I'm sure you guessed that already. I just knew then as soon as he started playing that song. You and your red dress plus heels. You were wearing what was in that picture and that freakin' song. That's when I went crazy. Like how could he love you and just let his eyes slide right over me! Every guy has loved me, not you." She grumbled that last bit.

"Well thanks. I hope you get out soon." You smiled even though you knew she wasn't worth it.

She slammed down the phone and waited for the guard to come get her. You got up and left when you got out Joe was there and he quickly clasped your hand into his.

He had his chauffeur drop you off at your mom's home. You walk in, seeing your mom, you asked, "So did you set something up between me and Joe?"

Your mom just gave a knowing smile, ignoring your question, and said that Joe left a message for you.

It was for a date at a fancy restaurant and his chauffeur would pick you up and he would meet you there.

You quickly got changed to a sleek red dress and heels, remembering the song.

The chauffeur arrived right on time and drove you to the restaurant. Once you stepped out of the car you walked into the building. The Host, recognizing you, you assumed Joe had told him what you look like, waved you forward and showed you to a room in the back of the nice restaurant.

He waited until you were seated and then quietly slipped out.
You were waiting for a few minutes when suddenly you could hear singing coming towards the private room you were sitting in.

Curious, you stood up and before you could take a step, Joe entered the room and apologized for being a tad late.

You were having a wonderful time, when suddenly you could hear a quiet guitar playing a soft melody right outside the door.

You stood up as Joe did and became speechless when Joe began to sing.
It was a new song and it was asking for a hand in marriage.

When the short melody came to a close Joe got down on one knee and asked nervously, "Riley, will you marry me?"

You pulled him into a hug and kissed him. Breaking away from the kiss a little while late, Joe laughed, "I guess that was a 'yes'."
♠ ♠ ♠
The. End.

-->Riot.&#9829;
P.s. --> Comment criticism, please!