My Heart Is the Worst Kind of Weapon

01.

"Guys, I FOUND HER! SHE'S RIGHT HERE!" Andy screamed from the table. His head was hanging on top of the phone book as he quickly memorized the phone number before ripping the phone from Patrick's hand.

"How do you know this is actually Rory? I mean, it says Rory Monroe." Patrick said.

"Look, Patrick. We have a week until her birthday, and it's been four years since we've seen her. She ran off and switched her numbers. This is the last Rory in the United States, and if this isn't her she's dead." Pete said. He took the phone from Andy and hit dial. He looked to the phonebook to get the number and dialed it in. He put the phone on speaker and set it on the table. The band mates sat around it, listening to the rings.

"Hello?" Joe gasped.

"Is this Rory?" Patrick asked. He knew that voice anywhere.

"Uh... yes, who's this?"

"Oh, no one of importance. Thank you for your time." He hung up the phone before she could answer and looked to his friends. Joe walked out of the room and over to the coffee table, where a laptop rested. He typed the number into a special search engine and browsed through the names, finally arriving at the one marked 'Rory Monroe'. He clicked on it and wrote down her address quickly. He then booked four seats on the next flight to New Jersey.

"We're going to New Jersey," Joe said, walking into the kitchen, "Now."

"Flight 106 to New Jersey is now boarding, I repeat, flight 106 to New Jersey is now boarding, thank you." The four boys got onto the plane only an hour after their phone call. They got in there seats, side by side.

"I wonder what she's been up to..." Joe said.

"I bet she's married now. Maybe that's why she changed her name." Andy replied.

"Maybe, but she might have just wanted to lose all contact with us."

"That is why she changed her name and numbers. When she said she was going to California, she was actually going to New Jersey. I can't believe I actually let her go." An hour into the conversation the plane landed.

"What's her address, Joe?" Pete asked. They were standing in the middle of a sidewalk. Joe pulled the paper out of his pocket and glanced at the street name.

"We're on her street right now." He said.

"What number?"

"403, right down here." They walked down the street, before stopping in front of the three story house. They glanced up at the house for a few minutes.

"Are you sure this is it?" Patrick asked.

"I'm positive. This is the address anyway." They walked up the stone pathway and knocked on the front door. It swung open and a girl with long brown hair, of maybe 16 stood in the entryway.

"What?" She wore a Fall Out Boy shirt with their faces on it, a pair of skinny jeans and a pair of converse.

"Does a Rory Monroe live here?" Andy asked.

"Yes, but she's not in right now. Come in and wait." She removed herself from the entryway and the girl lead them into the house.

"Mother, Fall Out Boy's here." The girl rolled her eyes and looked at the band.

"Will you stop say-" A woman of 33 at most came down a set of stairs two at a time and stopped in front of her daughter, before looking at the four boys.

"You're here for Rory?" They nodded. "She'll be here any minute with Faye. I'm Nicky, Make yourselves comfortable in the living room and ignore Lea." They slipped off their shoes and walked to where Nicky had pointed and sat on the couches. Lea sat on a chair with a phone pressed to her ear, and she watched The Academy Is... 's video for We've Got A Big, Big Mess On Our Hands. She turned to Patrick as she waited for whomever it was she was calling to pick-up.

"So, are you Patrick Stump?" She asked.

"Yeah, I' am." She was about to say something else, but replaced it with a 'Hello' into the phone.

"I have famous people in my living room." She said into the receiver. "I wish! They're here for Aunt Rory. I don't know, they probably stalked her in high school or something. Yes, she was that cool. No... I mean it. They look like Fall Out Boy..." Her conversation wore on for a few minutes before she hung up and turned her attention back to the TV. When Fergie came on she jumped up, disgusted, and shut the TV off.

"So, what do you want with my aunt?" She asked.

"We knew her four years ago." The girl's eyes widened. "And we lost contact, so here we are, trying to regain it." The door to the house opened, and everyone turned their attention to there.
♠ ♠ ♠
LIKE IT ?!

comment .
: )