My Heart Is the Worst Kind of Weapon

10.

"Pete," Rory said as he stood in front of her, "You, the guys, Lea, Faye and Nicky are taking one flight and I'm taking another." Pete frowned.

"Why?"

"Because I have to sign some stupid papers about everything we're bringing, and I have to stay behind an hour so I can call my boss and quit." She told him. He nodded.

"As long as you're coming with us, I'm fine." He pressed a kiss to her lips and they looked around the empty kitchen.

"I can't believe I'm going back to Chicago." Rory whispered.

"Why?"

"Because I left all the bad things there. I planned out my life here, I didn't expect to see you and the guys ever again."

"But here we are, in your kitchen, helping you move back to Chicago." Patrick said. As the three other boys entered the room with Faye they looked around.

"They house is empty. All we need to do now is get to the airport."

"What about everything we had in the house?" Rory asked.

"It's already gone. It'll be getting loaded onto your flights we're getting on ours." Patrick explained.

"Oh. Less for me to do then." Rory said with a smile. She looked at the watch around her wrist. "Oh man, you guys need to get going." She said with a worried expression.

"Okay, everyone in the van." Rory hugged everyone in turn, leaving Pete and Faye for last. She wrapped her arms around her little girl and smiled.

"So, Faye, Mummy is going on a different plane then you."

"Why?"

"Because I have to stay with all of your toys and watch them." The little girl's mouth formed an 'o' shape. Rory then moved to hug Pete, but he captured her lips instead.

"Hey, Faye's virgin eyes!" Lea said, shielding Faye's eyes.

"Mummy," Faye said in a small, terrified voice, "What's a virgin?"

"Bye everybody!" Rory called, standing in the doorway. Everyone smiled and waved.
"See you in Chicago!" When she saw the van and Nicky's car disappear from sight she walked back inside her house and picked up her cell phone. She made a quick call to her boss, telling her she quit because she was going to Chicago. When she got out of her car she called her real-estate agent, and put the house on the market. When she closed the door nto the house as she was walking out she muttered a 'goodbye' and climbed into her car and made her way to the airport.

As Rory buckled her seatbelt on the plane a bad feeling overcame her.

She didn't know what was going to happen, but she knew something bad would.
♠ ♠ ♠
two chapters left .

if i dont get more comments, im stopping here .