My Heart Is the Worst Kind of Weapon

11.

As the plane the boys were on landed Pete's heart raced.

Something was wrong.

And, Patrick noticed.

"What's wrong, Pete?" He asked as he, Faye, Tara and Pete climbed into one of the taxi's.

"I don't know."

"Daddy, when is mummy coming home?" Pete smiled at his little girl.

"Tonight, doll face. Around supper time."

"Is she bringing Mr. Jujube with her?" She asked, referring to her stuffed bear. Pete nodded.
The taxi ride all the way to Pete's house seemed hours long to each of the people in the car except for Faye, who was amusing herself by trying to braid Lea's hair. Pete smiled, the girls were like sisters. He couldn't wait until Rory was home and she and Faye would be living with him, as a family.

He was in love with her.

When they entered Pete's house at four, he was surprised he hadn't received a call from Rory, and he was worried. "Well, did she say she would call?" Patrick asked.

"Yes, her plane was supposed to land at 3:00."

"Have you tried calling her?"

"Yeah, every ten minutes." Patrick found Rory's behavior slightly weird.

Had she run off to some other country again?

The thought passed through all of their minds, but they pushed it back.

"Maybe her flight was delayed."

"She called as she was getting on, remember?" Patrick did.

"Maybe the movers weren't at the airport when her plane landed?" It was a possibility.

"Maybe." Patrick had no idea how to comfort his extremely worried friend.

"GUYS! Come and see this!" They heard Nicky's voice call. They hurried into the living room and sat down on the couches, facing the TV. Nicky, with tears in her eyes, turned the TV to the news channel and they watched.

"This afternoon at 2:30 flight 236, going to Chicago crashed." The screen flashed to a picture of the plane, upside down and engulfed in flames and smoke. "The flight held 50 people, all were pronounced dead at the scene. The only living person was the pilot Richard Coreano, who has severe head injuries and a broken leg." The blonde reporter cleared her throat. "The crash was supposedly caused by four teenagers, who, on the plane, had went to the washroom and had found the control box. More on this devastating crash after Sports..."
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END .

im posting the epilouge right after this.
please, for the love of pete, comment ?