My Heart Is the Worst Kind of Weapon

The Epilouge.

One Year Later, June Second 2008.

"That's mommy, Faye." My voice was light as I pointed to her mother's tombstone. Faye let go of my hand and ran over to her mother's tombstone, and crouched down beside it, watching not to get her dress dirty. I slowly walked over to her.

"Daddy, Why did mommy have to leave?" She asked.

"Your mommy had to leave because god wanted to bring her to heaven." I explained.

"Did god want to bring everyone on the plane to heaven to see him?"

"I guess so." She set the bouquet of red roses on the ground directly in front of the engraved stone and turned around to face me.

"Daddy, do you miss mommy?" The words brang tears to my eyes as Faye looked up at me, her eyes wide.

"Yeah. I miss her a whole bunch." I sat down on the grass beside the bouquet.

"Can I go see Uncle Hats?" Faye asked. I nodded and Faye walked over to where Patrick was standing. When I heard them running around with Nicky, Lea and the rest of the band I traced the letters on the stone.

"I miss you." I whispered, tears leaking out of my eyes. "I wish that plane wouldn't have crashed. I wish that you were still here, and you could see Faye now." I sobbed. "She's five now. She really misses you. So do the guys and Niky and Lea."

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and I looked up at Lea. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sniffled. "Could I have a few more minutes please?" She nodded and walked away. I stared in silence at the tombstone and attempted to stop my tears. The slight breeze in the aim made me shiver involuntarily. After a few minutes I stood up, wiped my tears and turned to face the band. We started walking towards the cars we had taken to the cemetery and I took one last look at the engraved stone.

Rory Stump

June 2nd 1983 - June 1st 2007

Devoted friend, adored girlfriend, loving mother and cherished daughter

Lost, but never forgotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
... comment ?
for the love of pete .