My Heart Is the Worst Kind of Weapon

04.

Rory spit the coffee she had had inside her mouth back into her up and froze. She looked to Pete. "Pardon?"

"I said, Does Faye look like her dad?" Pete looked at Rory seriously. Rory nodded slowly.

"Yeah. She's a lot like him. She's only like me when she's mad." He sighed.

"Are you ever going to tell us who her dad is and why you really left?"

"I'm pretty sure when you find out who her dad is you'll be pretty shocked. When you find that out I'll tell you everything else you need to know." Just then Faye came bounding down the stairs. She looked around the kitchen and completely ignored her mother's cheery greeting. She ran straight to Pete and jumped up onto his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Good morning Panda!" She said happily.

"Good morning Faye." Rory stared at the two before setting her coffee down roughly onto the table. She got up and rushed back up the stairs and headed toward Nicky's room. She sat down on her friends bed and Nicky put down her book.

"What is it now?" She asked.

"Faye likes him more than she likes me!" Rory wailed.

"Look, Rory, she's only known them a day! She doesn't like him more than she likes you, I promise. She's known you all her life."

"Yes, but Tara, she didn't even get that excited when Faye met my boss and she's in love with her! She's never been this excited to meet anyone before..." Rory threw herself across Tara's legs so her head was hanging off one side and her feet were hanging off the other side.

"Does Faye know?" Tara asked.

"Does Faye know what?"

"Does she know Pete is her dad?"

Patrick, Joe, and Andy pressed their faces on Tara's door where they had seen Rory enter. They listened to the conversation, on edge and there eyes widened at the last words spoken by Tara before they bolted upright and ran down the stairs. They stood in the doorway of the kitchen and watched as Pete sat down in a chair after placing Faye in one in front of him. "Do you know how to play Patty Cake?" He asked Faye. She shook her head, look of confusion placed on her small face.

"No."

"Do you want me to teach you?" A smile formed itself on her face.

"Yes please, Panda." He placed her arms and showed her how to tap them against his in one pattern before singing the song to her so they could sing it together. When Patrick cleared his throat they looked up.

"Hey guys." He said.

"Hey Pete, Hey Faye."

"Hi!" Faye chirped. She jumped off the chair when she saw Joe was still standing and climbed onto Pete's lap. Lea then came down the stairs and looked groggily from each of the people in the room before her eyes widened.

"Oh my god." She mumbled. She stood at the bottom of the stairs. "MOM, WHY IS FALL OUT BOY IN OUR KITCHEN?!" She screamed.

"Yeah, She does know." Rory said with a sigh.

"Well, you do know she'll probably tell him, right?"

"I told her she could if she wanted to, and I honestly don't think she will if she hasn't told him yet. I'd really like it if she didn't tell him and he figured it out by himself."

"Why?"

"Would you really like it if a four year old told you you were her dad?" Before Nicky could answer Lea's voice pierced through their conversation.

"MOM, WHY IS FALL OUT BOY IN OUR KITCHEN?!" Nicky laughed as Rory got up.

"I'm surprised its just getting to her now." She mumbled.

"They're in the house because Patrick's my cousin and I haven't seen them for four years. Have you forgotten already?" Rory said as she opened the fridge.

"Yeah- but- oh my god. I look like a train wreck!" Lea quickly shook her head and ran up the stairs.

"They're too old for you!" Nicky shouted from the table, earning laughs from everyone in the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
like it ?
comment /subscribe.

: )