My Heart Is the Worst Kind of Weapon

06.

When the band was silent Pete got up abruptly and glared at each member in turn. "Why didn't you guys tell me?" He walked back into the house, but was stopped when Tara walked into his path.

"Where are you off to?" She asked sweetly.

"I'm going to find Rory." He muttered. Tara's face turned stony.

"I'm telling you now, Wentz, if you yell at her, scream at her, criticize her or even do anything to hurt her feelings or her in anyway she'll get back into the same kind of things she was in before. It's that easy to break her, and if you do, I will make sure you don't wake up tomorrow morning." Pete actually looked scared as Tara looked down at him.

"Yeah, I've got it." He mumbled. She let him pass and he began his thorough search of her house, trying to find Rory.

"Lea! Oh my god!" Pete was sure it was Rory screaming, so he climbed the stairs two at a time and followed the sobs. He sung a door open and looked inside; the bathroom. When he swung the next open he hit the jackpot. Lea and Rory were kneeling around Faye, who had blood running from her mouth.

"Mummy..." Faye sobbed. Rory scooped Faye up and motioned for Lea to follow.

"Pete, could you call the hospital and tell them I'm coming in with Faye for stitches?" She asked hurriedly. The pain in Faye's eyes was enough to get him to pull out his cell phone and dial right away.

As Rory sat in an especially uncomfortable hospital chair beside Lea, Tara and Pete her body shook along with her sobs, while everyone tried to comfort her. "I'm so sorry Rory!" Lea wailed along with her. Patrick was in the doctor's room with Faye; Rory wouldn't have been able to stand seeing her daughter getting the stitches on the side of her mouth.

"Rory, Faye is fine. Its only two stitches, she's going to be fine." Tara said.

"I know, but it was so scary Tara!" Just then the doctor interrupted the apologies by walking out of his room, Patrick with Rory in his arms following.

"Rory Stump?" He asked. Rory looked up. The doctor smiled. "Faye is going to be absolutely fine. You can return in a week to get the stitches removed."

"Okay." Rory wiped the tears and smiled at Patrick, eagerly taking Faye from his arms.

"You all are?" The doctor asked.

"I'm Tara, Faye's aunt, and my daughter is the one still sobbing." Tara said.

"I'm Patrick, Rory's cousin." The doctor turned to Pete.

"And you're Faye's uncle?" Pete shook his head.

"No, I'm her dad." Rory looked up at him, completely shocked, unable to move at all. When Faye jumped off her the little girl ran over to Lea.

"Lea, I wanna go play." She whined. Rory snapped back into reality.

"No. No playing, you're going to stay in your nice, soft bed for a couple of hours while I put teddy bears on the corner of every pointed edge in the house." Rory said quickly. She eyed Pete and motioned for everyone to follow her out of the hospital.

After Rory out Faye, who was unwilling, down for a nap she collapsed onto the long couch and sighed. She looked around the room, trying to figure out whether or not she should get rounded tables, or things that weren't pointed. She was soon tapped on the shoulder, and she sat up. She turned around and gazed over the couch, where Pete was standing. He rounded the couch and same to sit beside Rory.

"Yes?" She asked quietly.

"Is Faye sleeping?" She nodded. "Then we need to talk."
♠ ♠ ♠
like it ?
comment !
:D