My Heart Is the Worst Kind of Weapon

07.

"Okay." You could tell Rory was extremely nervous.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He whispered. She exhaled.

"Because I didn't have to." She mumbled.

"Rory, please give me a real reason."

"I didn't want to ruin your career." He barley heard her, but he caught it. He gaped at her, millions of thoughts racing though his head.

"Next time tell me!"

"There wont be a next time, Pete! You're famous now; you've got better things to do. We don't even like each other, how do you expect us to raise a child together?" Her eyes were wide and she was shocked.

"We don't like each other? Explain the sex then." He snorted.

"Can you not remember us screaming at each other every single day?"

"Can you not remember me trying to kiss you? Can you not give me a better reason?"

"I was scared out of my mind! I was only 20 years old and I was pregnant! There's no way I could have actually one through with the fucking abortion!"

"A-abortion?" He stuttered. Rory covered her mouth with one hand. "You were going to get an abortion without telling me first?!"

Patrick and Tara sat with Faye at the kitchen table, attempting to get her to eat. "So, you're good friends with Rory?" Patrick asked Tara, while trying to get the spoon into Faye's mouth.
"
"For the last four years."

"Has she been okay?"

"Well, once she came here she cut twice before stopping. She dyed her hair, got the scars removed from her arms, got contacts and this is where she is now. She doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, and doesn't sleep around. She's either at work or around Faye twenty-four seven."

"Wow, she's committed."

"Yeah. Her life is focused around that little girl and Lea." Patrick thought for a while before laughing. "What's so funny?" Tara asked.

"Nothing. I was just thinking."

"About?"

"Pete knows he's Faye's dad. They're talking right now. He hasn't seen Faye or Rory for the past four years, and I'm pretty sure they all have some catching up to do." He successfully got the spoon into Faye's mouth and she swallowed. "I want to bring Faye and Rory on our next tour."

"Y-yeah..." Rory took a step away from Pete, who looked ready to explode and ready to cry.

"So I missed the first four years of my daughters life and that's really all you have to say?" He yelled.

"Its my body! If I wouldn't have wanted to go through with the pregnancy I wouldn't have had to!"

"I cant believe you even considered and abortion!"

"Peter! Stop yelling at me!"

"I haven't seen my daughter for four years. I know nothing about her! I don't know what her favorite color is, whether or not she goes to daycare, all of the things dads know about their kids! I have a right to be yelling right now!"

"Peter, stop yelling." Tara said from the doorway. She shot Rory a look, which she caught with tear-filled eyes. "You're going to be able to talk and see your daughter right now. Then you can organize, with Rory, without yelling, how you want to split days with Faye. Patrick is discussing something with the rest of the band. Both of you say sorry to yourselves and stop looking mad at each other or else Faye will know something is up."
♠ ♠ ♠
like it ?
comment .
: )