My Heart Is the Worst Kind of Weapon

09.

"How are we going to do that?" Pete whispered. "We're always yelling."

"We'll be nice. We'll be friends." Rory responded. Pete took a step towards her so that he was right in front of her.
"You know we cant do that.'

"We can do it if we try." Their voices were whispers.

"Well, what if I want to be more than just a friend to you?"

"I-" He pushed her onto the couch and pushed his lips to her and soon they were engaged in a heated kiss.

"EW!" Lea screamed from the doorway. "Mom, Pete Wentz is moles-" Pete jumped up and ran over to Lea, putting his hand over her mouth.

"Please, don't say a word. Think of your aunt, Lea." Lea licked his palm and he quickly pulled it away from her mouth, wiping it on his jeans.

"Aunt Rory, you told me plenty of things about Pete and then you're kissing him?" Lea crossed her arms over he chest and stared at her aunt.

"Uh, yeah." Lea blinked.

"Awesome. Don't screw it up this time." As Lea exited the room Rory stared wide-eyed at the door.

"Did my sixteen year old niece just give me advice on my love-life?"

"Yeah, I think she did."

"Hey, babe, guess where were going?" Rory asked Faye, running outside with a huge grin plastered onto her face.

"Where?" The little girl asked.

"Chicago!"

"But mummy, why?"

"Because we're going to live with daddy."

"But Auntie Tara and Lea are in here! Please let us stay!" The little girl pleaded. Pete almost laughed; it was incredible how attached Faye was to Nicky and Lea were.

"They're coming with us, doll face. Come on, we're going to go see daddy." Rory picked Faye up and went back inside the house.

Rory and Faye plopped down on the couch beside Pete a few minutes later and popped The Nightmare Before Christmas into the DVD player. They watched the movie intently, new missing a part and Patrick watched from the doorway of the dark room, happy that his cousin was finally happy with her life.

Nicky had never seen her so happy.

"Are you guys going to help pack, or are us girls going to have to do everything?" Nicky asked the four boys. They smiled and took the empty cardboard boxes from her hands and they were each assigned a room to pack.

As everyone ran around the house, placing things into boxes Rory stood in the kitchen, sitting on the counter and talked to the head of the New Jersey airport.
♠ ♠ ♠
3 chapters left /