She's the Wind

Dads At Twelve O'Clock

Pandora's POV

We sat down at the kitchen table. Me at one end, Pete at the other. It was now that I kinda realized how old he looked, sure he wasn't old old, but he was getting older. And the years of touring was really wearing on him now, because he wasn't trying anymore. But wait no, I can't forget the things he said and the things he did. I had to keep my guard up. Besides, Uncle Jimmy was older than him and looked way better.

"Okay Pete? Go." Gerard said, standing off to the side of the table.

"Panda-"

"Don't call me that." I snapped at him.

"Pandora, let him talk." Gerard instructed and gestured for Pete to go.

"Panda, I'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything. Everything I did to you, everything I said. I was- I don't know, you were growing up. You are grown up and I just couldn't see that. I still saw the baby I was left with when your mother died. I just wanted you to stay that way so I wouldn't lose you too." By this time, Pete had made friends with the floor. But the things he had made sense, perfect sense too, and he seemed so sad too. And really I was tired of this game, I just wanted my dad back.

I nodded and got up and walked over to him. He looked surprised to see me crouched down there. Honestly I was surprised myself but this had to end.

"Dad, I understand what your saying and it makes sense that you just didn't what me to grow up. What dad wants their little girl to grow up?" He smiled and wrapped me up in a hug.

"Will you come home?" He asked hopefully.

"I-i can't."

"Why not?" He sounded like a five year old when he asked that.

"Zacky, asked me something last night." I shied away from the question and from the fathers looks and walked out of the room towards the basement where everyone else was. I could hear the dads following in hot pursuit so I kicked it up a gear an ran down the steps.

"Hey hey hey! Where are you going in such a hurry, hun?" Zacky asked, throwing down his guitar, and rushing up to me and giving me a kiss.

"Dads... at.... twelve.... o'clock...." I huffed out as I tried to get my breathe. Damn skinny jeans.

"Dads? Whats wrong?" He studied the look on my face. "Shit, they know?" I nodded.

"Or at least I think they do." He grabbed my hand and pulled us behind a couch. I smiled at Lyn as we hid. She just laughed. Of course she did, her son and my future husband might die in the next few seconds but that's okay, she thinks its hilarious. But then again she knows whats going on.

"Okay, where are they?" Gerard asked as they finally made it down the stairs.

"Who?" Frankie J asked, trying to look completely out of the loop.

"You know who! Pandora and Zack. If he asked her to marry her..." Pete exclaimed. Yeah, he was really trying to keep his cool.

"And what are you gonna do if he did?" Lyn-Z asked, standing up and walking over to them. "You can't stop them, them know they have to wait. But you can't stop them." This definately stopped them from saying anything else. I felt it was a good time to come out of hiding. We popped out like strippers from a fake cake.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's been so long
<3333333333333333