She's the Wind

She's Gone

A year later

I was sitting in my apartment talking to Patrick. We were going over the Tour schedule. Geez, we're still touring for Infinity On High. We agreed to tour for a little less then two years. Seems Long but at least I haven't heard from Reba in a while. Last I heard she won't to meet me for coffee a month after the 'Denver Incident'. I refuse to talk to her and now listen to my friends. When I didn't respond. She sent me something else but I didn't open the Email. I deleted and blocked her. I'm glad I'm single and happy. That's until I heard the doorbell ring.

I got up to anwser it. There was a man standing there looking very solemn. Jeez what's he so upset about. Too bad I didn't look down at his feet. "Mr. Wentz?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm Peter Wentz." I said. I looked down to see a baby's carseat at this man's feet. What? "Meister Wentz I regret to inform you that Ms. Reba Iero has unfoutunely passed."He said in a thicke' britsh air. Geez Re was a brit too. But what does this have to do with a baby? "That is unfortune. But What does that have to do with me or that?" I said pointing to the man's feet. "Sir, May I, um, we. Come in?" He asked. Okay think rashly, Pete...SAY NO!......"Sure.." I said.

And he explained everything to me. Reba got pregnant. By me. Said it was a fact. And that the times lined up prefectly. And when I refused to talk to her. She moved back to England and her parents with all their money and butlers and maids helped raise the baby. Then when one night when she was out getting diapers and formula she got in a car crash. And died on impact. And In her will she stated....."That she wanted the baby to be with her father." He finished. What?! ME?! Take care of this kid no way no how. "What's her name?" I found myself asking. "Her name is Pandora Lee Wentz." He said affairmedly as he lifted the small bundled up and handed her to me. "Pandora?" I asked. Moving the Covers to see her face.

God she's Beautiful. Like...like Reba Used to be. That's when it sank in. I think the fact that Reba was truely gone. Not when I woke that morning and didn't see her next to me or every morning after that. Now as I hold her...child it sinks in. And the tears sweep swiftly from my eyes. And I'm Careful not to get the baby wet. I hold Pandora Close. As The Man speaks again. "So you'll take her?" He askes. I nodded my head and he got some papers out.

A few hours later.

I drove up to the dinner I told all the guys to meet me at. I had to stop at a store first though. I need to get Supplies. Its funny how one minute I can be happyly single to happyly with child huh? I was careful to hide myself. I don't won't the press knowing about Pandora yet.

As I walked in the Guys greeted me. But when they saw I had a baby carrier their faces went from happy to confused. "Pete what do you got?" Patrick asked me. I smiled broadly and sat down acrossed from him and the others so me and Pan had our own side. "I have here someone you all need to meet." I said quitely.

****************************************************************************************************

They were shocked and surprised when I told them well who could blame them? I mean one minute we're going over touring and the next...guess what I have a kid! That the way my life goes now I guess.

"So you are really gonna take care of her?" They asked

"Yepp".I said.

"All By yourself?"

"Come on you guys are gonna help right?" I asked

They looked at each other....

"Um...hate to break it to you Pete but....you couldn'tdo it without us!" Joe said.

God this guys are my family. What would I or Pan do without them now?