Crimes of Passion

Elegance

If I had a heart, it would be racing, but for now, I would just have to settle for my uneven breathing. He was beautiful, it looked as if he was sculpted by the gods. Soft, pale skin, rose colored lips that had created the most breath taking smile, tall, broad, dark, and of course, those indescribable eyes. Nathan. Oh how I longed to look into those beautiful eyes once more. I sat on my sister's bed, sighing in disbelief and also waiting for her to finish washing up. I began to recall the feeling when he touched me, it had sent a tingle through out my entire body. I stared into space for awhile, dreaming about him. "Um, Alexis?" Marie was waving her hand in front of my face, trying to get my attention."Sorry, I was....I'm sorry..." I looked away to that I wouldn't meet her gaze, I didn't want her to read my face. She smirked, "Well, the prince is holding a gathering this evening and everyone in the palace is to attended. It is formal." My eyes widened, "No! There is no way in this living Hell that I am dressing up for that egotistic, arrogant, prince!"

I wasn't obligated to go, I was forced, physically forced. Seriously. Marie had wrestled me to the ground to do my make up, pinned me against the wall to get me dressed, and lets not get into detail with the hair. Though I have to admit, it was a job well done, I did look nice...I hated it. My arms stayed crossed in front of my matured chest and I pouted the whole time. When Xander saw me, his eyes watered, trying to resist the urge to burst out into laughter. None of this made me feel any better, if anything, worse. "I never thought I'd see this day, you look so... so" Xander chuckled, scanning my body "If you cherish your life you will not continue that sentence!" I stomped my foot like a child, and kept my hands pinned down at my sides. He sighed then smirked "You look nice, very different and feminine but change is good." I muttered a few vulgar words under my breath then began to calm. My eyes drifted to the other side of the incredibly decorated room, to meet my sister's eyes. She grinned and glanced over at the man that had wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Xander?" I kept my eyes locked on the what seemed to be a well composed couple. "Yes?" "Who is that man with my sister over there?" I tried not to point, I mean, I didn't want to seem rude. He chuckled "Thats the prince Alexis, why do you ask?" My eyes widened in shock, not jealously "That's the prince?" I had expected someone more, well, someone who looked like royalty. Then again, I was judging him by the back of his head, I couldn't see his face. "You seemed surprised, haven't you seen him before?" I shook my head "No." Xander chuckled once more, "You don't get out much do you?"I smirked. I didn't want to admit it but it was true. Music began to fill the room, as well as more people. Then many couples began to dance, formally of course. I had stood there and watched blankly, it's not like I had wanted anyone to ask me to dance. After all, I couldn't. I was very klutzy and wouldn't probably last 5 minutes with out breaking a bone. Though I enjoyed watching other people moves so gracefully with there clothes swaying as they do.

I had gotten lost in the moment, my eyes following all of the little movements made. "Alexis...? Did you hear what I said?" My sister's annoyed voice caught my attention, "Yea.." I didn't bother to look at her bitter face, I kept my eyes locked on the crowds movement until a wave of reddish brown hair blew in front of me. The sweet scent of cologne was quite satisfying and very strong to me, it took a moment for me to catch my breath. But a pair of dazzling blue eyes met my gaze and left me breathless once more. It was him. I just stood there, lost in his eyes that were on the other side of the marble tiles. He smiled an intriguing smile and sort of bowed him head in respect, what a gentlemen. It took me a long period of time to realize I still wasn't breathing, he was memorizing. I smiled and looked away, afraid that my face might redden but when I went to look back he was gone. And so was my hope of ever seeing him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
a shorter chapter...