Status: HIATUS!! Thinking about re-writing this story.

Save Me

Spying and Hanovers

{Matt}

I woke up this morning around 10:30 and went downstairs to get something to eat. Annamarie, our live-in cook, already had breakfast made for me. I had told Annamarie that I didn’t want her to make me breakfast every morning. That I was capable of getting something for myself, but my mom always said that it is her job to make me food.

We even have a live-in housekeeper. Her name is Katherine. She is in her mid fifties and has been our housekeeper since I was a kid. She is the only one who knows that I hate pretending for my parents. Katherine has always been able to move with us as she doesn’t have any family. She never had to pick up after me cause I, unlike my parents, know how to pick up after myself. They say it’s her job to clean up after us so they just leave their messes. I don’t like that. How would they feel if they had to clean up other people’s messes?

Anyway, after I finished breakfast, I went upstairs and took a shower. When I finished my shower I did my other morning things. Shaved, brushed my teeth, then dressed. After getting dressed and running a brush through my hair, I grabbed the piece of paper with the addresses on it and put it in my pocket. I grabbed my keys and made my way downstairs. My parents had left before I got up so I didn’t need to bother saying bye to them. Walking through the house and out the front door, I went to my car and got in. I started it up and backed out of the driveway.

I started driving around looking for their streets and had been driving for an hour when I remembered Liz saying how they lived on the other side of the tracks. When she told me that I thought it was just an expression, but I realized it wasn‘t. They do live on the other side of the tracks. Literally. As I drove over the tracks, I noticed this was the run down part of town. Driving up and down the streets, I decided to look for Zack’s house first. It took me about twenty minutes to find it. It looked like he lived in a better section of this part of town, but his house still looked run down. The front yard looked as though someone was trying to keep a good-looking garden going. There were all sorts of flowers and shrubs planted. There were sections of the house where the light blue paint was peeling off.

I didn’t see the car that Zack drove to school in the driveway so I figured he wasn’t there. I put my car in drive and headed down the street. As I drove around looking for Johnny’s house I started to get hungry so I pulled into the parking lot of a little diner. I walked in to see that there weren’t that many people in there. I sat down in one of the booths and picked up a menu. As I was looking at the food listed a waitress came over and asked me what I wanted to drink. I told her a Pepsi. I went back to reading the menu and decided on a hot ham and cheese sandwich. When the waitress came back with my drink I gave her my order.

As I waited for my lunch, I looked around the tiny diner. It had maybe seven or eight booths and half a dozen tables. There were five stools at the counter. It was run down and a little dingy looking but it felt warm and homey. It seemed like one of those types of diners that were family owned. While I looked around I knew that none of the ‘elite’ crowd at school would be caught dead here.

About ten minutes later my food came and I started to eat. Wow this is really good. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten anything like this before. I was defiantly coming back here again. After I was done eating I got my bill and went up front to pay. Walking out of the diner a couple minutes later, I got into my car and headed out to find Johnny’s house.

Turns out his place is like five streets away from Zack’s. Johnny’s house was smaller than Zack’s and was a little more run down. The lawn looked like it hadn’t been watered in a while. Most of the shutters were broken and hanging on by one hinge. The porch railings were broken and the door looked like it had cracks in it.

I drove past it I saw Zack’s car parked on the street. No one was outside but when I got to the end of the street I turned around and headed back. I parked my car a couple houses down from Johnny’s and turned it off. I sat there awhile waiting to see if anyone would come out. No one did but I started to hear music coming from his house. I didn’t recognize any of the songs. It was when the music would stop and then play up again only to stop quickly, I realized that they were making the music and not listening to the radio or something. So they’re a band. Listening to them play for like an hour, I came to realize they were really good.

A few minutes after they stopped playing I saw the door open and the five of them stepped out. The guys stood talking for about five minutes and Rainy was sitting on the porch. When the guys were done talking I saw Zack walk over to her and kiss her head. Then he made his way to his car, got in and took off. The others stayed outside for a little bit talking and messing around. When they went back in I decided to head home. Driving back I thought about how I could find out where Rainy lived.

{Rainy}

I awoke this morning cuddled up against Zacky. He had his arms wrapped tightly around me. I just laid there for a few minutes till my hangover kicked in. Then I got out of Zacky’s arms and went downstairs. As I walked past the living room I saw that the others were still passed out. I went into the kitchen and took some Excedrin. I grabbed four bottles of water out of the fridge and put them on the table with the Excedrin, as I knew the guys would need it when they woke up. Then I went about getting breakfast started. This is how it is every morning after we all got drunk. I was the first one up and made sure the guys would have pain killers for when they get up along with breakfast ready. I didn’t mind though. I liked taking care of them. Gave me something to do. And I love to cook so having to make their breakfast and sometimes other meals is like a comfort to me.

Jimmy is always the first of the guys to wake. He always was cause he would smell the food. He eats too much but you would never know with how skinny he is. He came in while I was halfway through cooking and popped two pills. This morning I’m making eggs, bacon, hash browns, sausage, toast, and pancakes. It seems a lot but these boys know how to eat. Jimmy sat down at the table with his arms resting on the table and his head on his arms. He was moaning about his head. My headache was not as bad now that the Excedrin kicked in.

“Smells good.” Jimmy said. I turned to look at him and smiled. He got up and walked to the cabinets and got out five plates. Then he went and got out five glasses and silverware. The food was almost done when Zacky came down. He took two pills and grabbed a water. When he was finished taking the pills he came over to see what I was cooking.

“Looks delicious.” he said. I smiled at him and he started up the coffee pot. When all the food was done, I put it all on plates and in dishes. Jimmy and Zacky took them and placed them on the table. Once all the food was on the table we sat down and began eating. When the foods done, we never wait for whoever’s still sleeping to wake up. There was still always enough left over. That’s surprising with the way the guys eat.

Once Brian and Johnny had woken up and we were all done eating, everyone just watched some TV for awhile so our hangovers could go away. Around one o’clock the guys went down to Johnny’s basement to have band practice. They didn’t last all that long cause everyone’s headache came back.

When Zack decided to head home we all went outside. The guys talked for a few minutes before Zack left. Then we just stayed outside for a little. I sat on the porch watching Bri and Jimmy tease Johnny. After that the rest of the day was a lazy day. Hell the rest of the weekend was lazy.

Monday came quickly and I spent my morning classes bored as hell. Lunch came and Zack and me found ourselves being messed with by Cole and his cronies.