Status: HIATUS!! Thinking about re-writing this story.

Save Me

Ditching School

{Rainy}

I didn't want to stay at school after what Cole did. That wasn't the first time that those goons held me down, they're always doing it to piss off Brian and the others. But today was the first time one of them tried to grab at my chest. It actually started to scare me. I was surprised when Matt showed up and started punching Cole. Now they're going to mess with Matt because of what he did. Don't think I didn't hear what Matt said to Cole when he was through punching him. I don't want Matt to get shit on because of me. He doesn't even know me, yet he stood up for me. Why?

Matt agreed to come sit with us for lunch, which made me happy in a way. I was a little worried about what the guys would say about it. They seemed okay with him but that could be because he helpd Zack and me. So I guess that gives hime some points. But as lunch went on we found out that Matt hates being how his parent want him to be. He's a lot like us actually. He likes the same kind of music we like and would rather wear band t-shirts everyday. He told us that he wants to change. Be who he wants to be, which I think is great. I don't think anyone should pretend to be someone they're not.

Everyone agreed to skip the rest of the day, even Matt. He said we could hang at his house cause his parents are out of town or something. Right now we're following behind him to his place. We were driving down the streets of the rich side of town and I didn't like the feeling I was getting. I started feeling like we were out of place and I guess we are. We're not meant to be on the 'right side of the tracks'.

We pulled down a street which turned out to be the street Matt lived on. He pulled into his driveway as Jimmy pulled up to the curb with Zack parking behind him. We all got out and just stared up at the house. We knew he was rich and all, but damn, I wasn't expecting his house to be this big. It's got to be like the third or fourth biggest house in town.

Once we went in I noticed you could probably fit all our houses in here with room still left over. Matt walked over to the stairs that were on our left and we all followed him up. As I was walking up them I looked at the wall to my left and saw some pictures. They looked like family photos and I saw some with Matt in them when he was younger. He was a cute kid. We followed Matt into what I guessed was his bedroom.

"Wow. Nice room. It's um, well it's white." Zack said with a laugh looking around when we got into the room.

"Yeah. I'm thinking of painting it this weekend." Matt said.

That seemed like a good idea. His walls were white and bare except for the few posters of basketball players and swimsuit models. The carpet was this light grayish color. His furniture, desk, dresser, headboard, they were all white as well. This room definitely needed color. The only color really was his bed sheets and curtains, which were black and red. A lot of his belongings were colorful but the walls and carpet kinda diminished the color.

Once we were all in the room we started looking around at all his stuff. Being rich sure does have it's perks. You can get whatever you want and it seems like Matt did. Johnny and I went over and checked out his CD collection. We didn't see and Pantera or Guns N' Roses or any rock or metal for that matter.

Matt was sitting at his desk watching as we took in his room. When we were done we all scattered and found places to sit. I sat on Matt's bean bag and Jimmy sat next to me. Brian sat on the floor leaning against the bed while Zacky and Johnny sat on the bed.

"You got a lot of stuff, man." Johnny said to Matt.

"I don't even use most of it. When ever my parents come home from one of my father's business trips, they bring me something to make up for them being away a lot."

"What do your parent's do?" Zacky asked.

"My mom doesn't work and I have absolutely no clue what my dad does. And it's funny cause he wants me to go into business with him." Matt said with a chuckle. At that moment a medium sized dog came into the room. It looked around at all of us before walking over to Matt.

"This is Crispen." he told us. The guys let out a laugh. "What? I was six and thought it was a cool name." Matt said laughing. Crispen walked around the room sniffing everyone. When he got to me and Jimmy I started petting him. He laid down by my feet and rolled onto his back and I rubbed his belly.

"Wow. He's only ever let me touch his stomach." I looked up at Matt and saw he was smiling a little. "He must really like you." I gave a small smile of my own and turned my attention back to Crispen. He's got brown fur with some white going through. It looks like he's a mix breed but I have no idea of what breeds as I don't know many types of dogs. But he sure is a cutie and I just love his name. It's very unique.

I continued petting and playing with Crispen as the guys all talked about whatever. They got onto the topic of how Matt was gonna change his room. He went to his closet to grab some things and when he ame out he had a bunch of posters. Telling us this was how he was gonna start.

He put them all on his bed and went back to his closet. He made a couple more trips before he had all of his posters. While he was making his trips the guys started unrolling them to see what he had. He had some Pantera, tons of Guns N' Roses, soem Poison and many, many more.

"Damn man." Johnny stated in awe as he looked over some Metallica posters. I was over by the bed at this point and was looking at a Poison poster.

"Why the hell didn't you have these up?" Jimmy asked.

"My parents would have had a shit fit. But I don't give a fuck now. They're going up." Matt answered.

"You want any help putting them up?" rian asked.

"Sure. That'll be great." Matt answered and we all went about tacking them to the walls.

It actually didn't take us all that long, maybe an hour. Matt decided that he won't paint his room now cause it would be realy stupid to have to take all the posters down, only to put them back up again. Plus he has so many posters that they take up most of his wall space anyway. You wouldn't even see the paint.

When we were done Matt asked us if we wanted anything to eat or drink, so now we're heading down to the kitchen. Once we entered we were met with a woman who looked to be in her late thirties or early forties. She turned around when she heard our footsteps and looked at me and the guys skeptically.

"Matt what are you doing home and who are they?" she asked.

"Decided to have a half day and these are my new friends from school. This is Jimmy, Johnny, Brian, Rainy and Zack." Matt replied to her question.

"Well it's nice to meet you all. I'm Annamarie." she said as she came over and shook our hands. "Are you all in the same year as Matt?"

"Yes." Johnny said as we all nodded our heads.

"So, I'm assuming that since you all are in the kitchen, you want food?" Annamarie asked.

"Yeah, but we'll get it ourselves." Matt spoke up and walked to the fridge. He turned to ask us if sandwiches were good and after getting our positive responses, he pulled out everything we would need.

Annamarie seemed like a nice lady. She stayed and talked with us as we ate. We learned that she was the Sanders' live-in cook. It must be nice to have your own personal cook, though I would hate it. I love cooking and it would drive me crazy not to have to cook.

When we were done eating we went back up to Matt's room. While the guys were talking about music I was drawing. Not long after I started drawing my mind went back to what happened today. I decided to write Matt a note thanking him for what he had done. He didn't need to do that and I was wondering why he had.

Once I had finished with the note I went back to my drawing. When it was three thirty we had to leave. Well at least Zack and I as we both have to be at work at four.

Zack works at Just A Cup, a coffee shop. He's worked there for about eight months and he likes it enough except that a lot of preps go there. He deals with it cause he needs the money.

I work at Ma and Pa's, a family owned diner. I've been working there for nearly two years and I love it. I'm one of the cooks. The diner is on our side of town and all the workers and most of our customer that come in know that I don't talk. They're all really great about it and don't treat me any different.
 
I took the folded up note and placed it on Matt's desk as we all gathered our things. Matt walked us to the door and we walked out as the guys said that we'd see Matt tomorrow. Zack and I head to his car as he's gonna be dropping me off at work. Since Jimmy didn't have to work tonight and Brian and Johnny both don't have jobs right now, the three of them said they were just gonna hang out. Once in the car, Zack started it and we took off. Jimmy following behind us till he turned off to head to Johnny's.
 
Zack dropped me off at the diner and I went in and headed to the kitchen. I'm working till closing which is at eleven. Most nights only work five hours, from four till nine, but sometimes they have me work till closing. I get every other weekend off and for the weekends I do work, I work for eight hours both days. Sometimes I even work my full time shift then a half shift at night so that I can get some extra cash.

After clocking in, I was given an order and I got straight to work with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the next one. I'm not really sure about it so let me know what you think.

I'm still going to be taking my time with this story.

Thanks for reading.

L.