Status: HIATUS!! Thinking about re-writing this story.

Save Me

Realizing Your Feelings. Maybe?

{Matt}

I had a pretty good time this afternoon. I had more fun hanging out with Rainy and the guys then I've ever had hanging out with any of my old friends. They helped me hang all my posters up for which I was thankful cause it would have taken me forever if I'd done it on my own. I have so much more in common with them than anyone else. Hell I didn't have anything in common with my old friends.

Right now I'm in the kitchen waiting as Annamarie fixes my dinner. Much to my dislike. I hate having people wait on me. You would think with growing up with it, I'd be used to it, but I'm not.

"So these friends, they're not the usual kind you hang out with." Anna spoke.

"No, but they're the kind of friends I want."

"Well, I like them. They seem really sweet. That Rainy is shy though, huh?"

"No. She doesn't talk." I told her.

"Oh. Really? Why?" she asked curiously.

"I have no idea." I said softly with a sigh. Anna looked at me for a few seconds before turning back to the stove with a smirk on her face. "What's that look for?" I asked her.

"You like her, don't you?"

"What? No." I replied a little to quickly.

"Matt, Hun. You have that same look in your eyes that I use to see in my husbands eyes. And today while you all were eating, I noticed that you could barely take your eyes off her." she said with a knowing smile. I groaned and put my head on the table.

"I don't know Anna. I've never felt this way about anyone before. I think I do like her." I whispered out that last part.

"Why are you so down about it then?" Anna asked me as she sat down in the chair next to mine.

"Because of my parents." I mumbled looking down at the table.

"I'm sure they'll be okay with it if you were to date Rainy."

"And if they're not? I mean Rainy isn't the type of girl my parents want to see me with."

"Well then, that's their problem. You shouldn't have to live your life to please your parents. It's your life not theirs. You got to do what makes you happy." Anna said before standing up and walking over to the stove.

Anna's right. If I'm gonna live my life the way I want and be who I really am, then I'll date whoever I want. But I don't even know if that's what I want. To date Rainy. All I know is that I've never felt this way about anyone before.

When I finished my dinner I went upstairs to do the homework I got from my morning classes. When I got into my room I shut the door and walked over to my desk. I went to reach for my math notebook when I saw a folded piece of paper sticking out from under it. I pulled it out and it had my name written on it. I noticed the handwriting right away. It was from Rainy. Smiling I opened it and began reading.

Matt,

Um, I just want to say thanks for what you did at school today. So, Thank You. You know you didn't have to do that. You could have just walked away. Why didn't you? Now Cole and his minions are gonna want to make you pay. Even though you'll probably be able to take them, they don't fight fair. They need five guys to fight one. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me. They probably think it makes them look tougher but I think it's cause they really can't fight and would lose a one-on-one fight. Hell my grandma could kick their asses and she's been dead ten years. I'm starting to ramble so I'll stop now.

I heard what you said to Cole. Well, more like threatened. Why? Why would you stick up for me like that? You don't even know me. You wouldn't really end his life would you? I mean it was just a threat, right? You can't kill someone, you would go to jail. And I'll be damned if I'm the reason you get put in jail.

Well it's like two thirty and y'all are just sitting around talking about music while I'm drawing and I have no idea why I felt I should tell you that. I mean your sitting right there, you know what you doing. Okay well I don't really have anything else to say so I'll just go now. And again, Thanks.

~~Rainy.


When I finished reading I put the note down and grabbed my Math notebook, opening it to a blank page. Picking up a pen, I started writing my reply. It took me about fifteen minutes to write it and when I was finished I tore the page out of the book and folded it up. I stuck it into the pocket of my hoodie that I'll wear tomorrow.

I then got started on my homework. It took me a while to finish it though cause I was more busy thinking about Rainy. I was wondering what she thought about me. I'm pretty sure she didn't think I was like the other rich kids around here. She probably wouldn't have had Zack invite me to sit with them at lunch today if she did, right?

Then I started thinking about what happened at school. Right then I made a promise to myself that I was not going to let anyone touch Rainy like that ever again. I don't know if what I threatened to Cole is something I would actually carry out, but I knew that I would beat him to a bloody pulp. Okay I need to stop thinking about it cause now I'm starting to get pissed.

My thoughts traveled to my parents. What were they going to say when they meet my new friends? What are they going to think? I just know that they are not going to like them. They'll probably tell me that I can't be friends with them. Something I won't let happen. I'm not going to let what they say or think affect me. They don't have to like them, as long as they don't try to make me stay away from them, then I'll be alright.

I didn't do much for the rest of the night. Just watched some T.V. trying to waste the few hours left till I would go to bed. I couldn't wait to get to school tomorrow. Whoa, I bet that sounds weird coming from a teenager, but that's only because I can't wait to see Rainy. It's crazy cause I've never been excited to go to school for anything, let alone a girl.

Climbing into bed around eleven, I fell asleep with a small smile on my face and dreamed of Rainy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay first, sorry for the long wait. I've been super busy and the thing is, is that I'm still gonna be busy for a while longer. Hopefully not that long, but it might be a while before the next chapter. So please, bear with me.

Second, sorry for the shortness of this chapter, but I wanted to get one out to y'all. I noticed it's been like a month since my last update and again I am so sorry for that. Sometimes I hate being busy.

Well, let me know what you think.

L.