Run like you do, I'm chasing you

Chapter 1

After years of knowing Kevin, Joe, and Nick, I have never been more pissed off at them. They were leaving me; after 16 long years! All of our lives, we have been imagining something like this happening, but I never expected it to come so soon. And I never expected them to pick up and leave me behind.

“Why do you have to go?” I felt a single tear roll down my porcelain cheek.

“You know why.”

“But Nicky!” I pleaded. Taking a hold of my shoulders Nick said,
“Katie, LA is the city of dreams!” A single strand of my long black hair fell in my face.

“Yeah, Yeah, I know. And you guys are living the dream.” I rolled my eyes in disgust. I’ve heard that saying far too many times.

“How can you just throw away sixteen years of friendship? Don’t you care about me?” I exclained. I saw a wave of guilt flicker in Joe’s eyes, which quickly turned to anger.

“Don’t say that! You know we care about you a whole hell of a lot!” He was getting angry, but hell I was angry too. I had to turn away, the pain I saw in Joe's eyes was unbearable. I was loosing my best friends, my second family, to the limelight of Hollywood. I loved the whole Jonas family as if they were my own, especially Nick. Lately I had been feeling something more for him, something more than friendship. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Kevin and Joe, but there is something about Nick that has me drawn to him.
I began to sob. Kevin, seeing how upset I was, came over to try and calm me down.

“Come on now, hun.” He pushed back the clumps of hair that now surrounded my face and kissed my forehead. He always knew the right things to do, and say. He helped me through the roughest times in my life.

“It’s not like we’ll never see you again?”,he tried to explain.

“How the hell do you know that, Kevin?” I spat with more venom in my voice than intended.

“Because I know” he said with a matter-of-fact, but calm tone. I couldn't handle the stress of this anymore, I needed to get out of this house.
With that I pushed through the trio of boys and ran for the door. I cried the whole way home, which lucky for me was only a block away. But not for long. Soon they would be a half way across the country. My whole world was crashing down around me and there was nothing I could do about it. First my parents splitting up, now this. What next?
♠ ♠ ♠
My friend Kaitlyn (chaotickitty6661) actually helped me write this.
It's my first fanfic.
Hope you like it

Comments are nice <3
xoxo