Run like you do, I'm chasing you

Chapter 3

“Katelyn!! Come on, it’s almost noon! Time to get up!” I groaned and rolled over in bed. Mornings were not my friend. It is way too early for me to be waking up on a day like today, even if it was noon. Just then, I had imagined Denise attempting to wake up Joe, he hated mornings more than I did. And that's saying a lot. I pictured Kevin sitting on his bed, watching music videos and stuffing his face with cereal. Then there was Nick, who I pictured checking his blood sugar, and taking a shower. My eyes quickly opened. I cannot be picturing him in the shower; that is just wrong! I cleared my thoughts, trying not to think of the boys. I had almost fallen back to sleep when I heard that I had gotten a new message. I wanted to ignore it, but the bleeping was killing me! I lifted my head looking towards my desk, but my computer wasn't there. For an odd reason my laptop had made it’s way into bed with me, not that I complained, I didn't have to work as hard to get it now. It was of course, Emily.

EmilyKills(11:57AM): Mall today?

KatelynKarma6661(11:59AM): Sure

EmilyKills(12:01PM): Meet you there in an hour? Last one there buys the smoothies =]

KatelynKarma(12:03PM): Oh, You’re so on!!

I tore the blanket off of me, and made my bed. Without this challenge it would have taken me at least and hour and a half to get ready, but I wasn’t going to be buying smoothies today, I was flat broke. So I kicked my ass into over drive and headed for the shower. After my shower I blew dried my hair and straightened it. I applied my make-up, which wasn't much and walked over to my closet. I pondered at the thought of what I was going to wear. I pulled out a pair of white skinny jeans along with a black and gray tank top. I threw them on and began lacing up my black Chucks, grabbed my bag and closed my bedroom door behind me. I hopped down the stairs, skipping one every now and then. I met my mom in the kitchen with my sister sitting at the table.
My sister was about 8; and I loved her dearly. She keeps things lively, except in the morning, like me, she hates them. Laney was just as upset as I was when the boys left, especially little Frankie. She adored that boy. Her and I were both in the same boat.

“Oh, so now you hurry.” My mother tried to act annoyed but she wasn’t very good at that. She has a hard time faking emotions. Grabbing a granola bar, I said,

“Gotta meet Emily at the mall.” I pecked my mom on the cheek then turned on my heels to leave.

“But…”, she started.

“No time to chat mom, ain’t buying smoothies today!”

“Fine, but be back for dinner…” she called after me.

“I made your favorite, meatloaf!” That's the last I heard, because I hurried to shut the front door. Meatloaf? Gag me. After all these years you’d think my mother knew me better than that, but I guess not. I just did’t have the heart to tell her I despised it. No offense to my mother, but her meatloaf looked like three day old road kill. Enough said, eh? Maybe I’d just get something at the mall? The food might not be the best, but it's better than imagining eating someones dead cat, and it's really meatloaf. I chuckled to myself as I scurried down the sidewalk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, third chapter.
Hope you guys like it, whoever reads it.

Comments are lovely <3
xoxo