Breathe in Breathe Out

like a cold day in august

Like a cold day in August I was not prepared for this. Those words from that song were stuck in my head. I really wasn’t prepared. My boyfriend Gabe was finally coming back from the Honda Civic Tour with Fall Out Boy, The Academy Is…, +44, and Paul Wall. California was the last stop and that’s where I was. I just turned 21 a month ago and Gabe couldn’t be there because of the tour so tonight we were going to celebrate with the rest of the bands.

Gabe and I have technically been together 3 and a half years but we have known each other since I was 16, 5 years ago. We met at a concert in New York when he was still in a band called Midtown. At the time I had just moved to New York from Chicago and my sister was always into underground bands and she was also dating the drummer of Midtown Rob Hitt so decided to take me to their show.

After the show we went back stage, I became good friends with them especially Gabe. We’ve been through rough patches in her relationship but we’ve always stayed together even when he cheated on me with the lead singer of New Years Day Ashley but that’s behind us now.

I live and work in the hotel chain my dad owns and I get a free room no matter where I am. Mainly I live in California, Chicago, and New York the places I grew up. My name is Electra Davis and I bring my best friend Harlow Carlton wherever I go and she works with me. I also have a guy best friend his name is William Beckett, I met William in high school he is now in the band The Academy Is… that’s touring with Gabe’s band Cobra Starship.
At the moment I was waiting for William and Gabe to walk in the hotel but some guy about 6 feet tall with short curly hair walked in not matching either of their descriptions. That is because William’s description would be 6’3” with long wavy hair and Gabe’s description would be 6’5” with short wavy hair. I was sitting behind the desk singing the music playing in the hotel which was Same Blood by The Academy Is… The curly haired guy came up to me and now that he was closer he looked really familiar.

I stopped singing then he said “You don’t have to stop singing your voice is pretty.” I saw him somewhere I know I did but I just couldn’t think of who he was.

“Thank you” I said then smiled at him.

“Oh and good song choice” He said.

“Oh you like The Academy Is…?”

“I sure hope I like them God Electra it’s me The Butcher.” He said with a big cheesy grin

“BUTCHER!” I yelled hugging him over the counter “I’ve only seen you with a beard God you look so different.”

“William should be in soon.” That’s the only way he knew me as William’s friend he didn’t even know I was dating Gabe. We stood there talking until William and Gabe walked in which triggered me to jump over the counter trip over my own feet fall on the floor and run to hug William and Gabe.

I pulled their room keys that I had ready for them from my pocket and handed them their keys after saying “Here’s the room keys go put your stuff away.”

Once they left it was just me and Butcher I was about to go back behind the counter and get his room key when he asked “So how do you know Gabe? I mean I didn’t even know you knew him.”

“Well Gabe and I have been dating for 3 and a half years.”

“Oh I thought his Girlfriends name was Ashley?”

“Does Gabe talk about Ashley?” I said sounding furious.

“Well yeah he said they were dating.”

“Oh really, please excuse me real quick I’ll be back to get you your room key.” I said then walked up to Gabe’s room that I had an extra key to.

“Gabe!”

“What’s wrong Babe?” he asked sounding confused

“You’re what is wrong remember when you cheated on me and said you would never do that to me again? Well guess what? Were OVER! I believed you. And now I hear from someone that you’re dating Ashley again. Maybe if it was someone else I could somehow forgive you but knowing it’s the same person means you don’t only love me but you love her too!”

“Babe” He Pleaded.

“Don’t babe me were over.” I said then walked down stairs to get Butcher his room key. I started crying on my way down the stairs I had broke down completely by the time I was behind the counter but who wouldn’t break down in this situation?

“Electra are you ok?” he asked

“Butcher I’m not ok 3 and a half years wasted on that bitch, ass face. We always said we were going to get married during the summer and move to New York and have a kid. We were that perfect couple and now all that is down the drain.”

“Electra I’m sorry, I really am you don’t deserve this, but you know what you do deserve? Your party tonight it will be fun no matter what.”

“As long as I don’t have to talk to Gabe.”

“We can arrange that.” He said smiling

“You’d do that for me Butcher?”

“Yeah and call me Andy kay? And not to be rude but can I have my room key I need to get ready for tonight and sound check starts in an hour.”

“Kay by Andy” I said handing him the key.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so this is the first chapter I'm not quite sure about this story yet so feedback would be lovely. :)
Comments would help me update.
I may not continue with this story if I don't know what people think about it.