We're The Fallen Leaves

Crimson eyes and lies

“Well, well sister you have not lost your touch,” Kien said to me. I jumped a little, for I forgot he was there. Then my eyes Started to fill with tears as I realized that my bother was with me after so long. Without thinking I turned to him and jumped onto him in a bone-crushing hug.
“Oh Kien! I can’t believe I’ve found you after all these years!” I said through my sobs.
“Forgive me,” was all he said after a minute of my sobs.
“Hey Kira is the guy you’ve been looking for?” I heard Naruto say.
“Yes it is. Every one, this my brother Kien,” I turned back to the others, a big smile on my face. I saw Kakashi glare at Kien. ‘What is with him? Does he think Kien is evil or something?’ I shook it off. “Kien, why don’t we go back to the village, I have to ask you so much,” I turned back to my brother. He simply nodded his head. “Alright then, sorry to leave you guys hanging I hope you don’t mind,” I said to the team of leaf ninja.
“No problem Kira! We’re glade you found your brother so soon,” Sakura said. I smiled and nodded. Then I grabbed Kien’s hand and started walking the way I just came. We walked in silence, my head was buzzing with questions. ‘Where the hell has he been sense he left? What was he doing that group of bandits? Why is he here now?’ Then I felt a his hand on my shoulder .
“Don’t worry little one I’ll answer all your questions later, when we get to the park in the village,” he smiled up at me. I jumped a little from suddenness of his words. We continued the rest of the walk in silence. Then we got to the village gates and we walked past the guards without them noticing us. From that point on I just followed my brother and within a few minutes we were in what looked like the village’s park. He then lead me to a bench and we sat down. I didn’t wait for him to ask to start, the words came out of my mouth without any real thought to them. They were the questions I’ve been wanting to ask him for years.
“Brother where have you been all these years? Why didn’t you bring me with you wherever you went to? What really happened to mom and dad? Please tell me brother, please,” I was on the edge of tears. After my small explosion of questions he simply out his hand up and said, “All in good time young sister. You’ll understand the truth in the near future, don’t worry,” He looked down on me and smiled. I looked back puzzled.
“What? Why can’t you tell me now? I have a right to know, you know,” I stated, my stare were like daggers. He just shook his head and said nothing. I just pouted and shrank down in the seat.

*~* ???? POV *~*

“Ugh when are we going on with this mission? It’s getting boring just watching them, and if I’m going to have to listen to those two any longer I’ll get sick,” one of my annoying partners wined at me.
“Can it will you? We have to wait for the signal. And don’t forget what Leader said to us, ‘if we fail then we are all dead, this is not something we can afford a failure,’” another snapped back at him.
“All of you shut the hell up, the signal should come soon then this mission will be over,” I snipped at them.
*~* Kira’s POV *~*

We just stayed there on the park bench for what seamed like hours and before I knew it, it was late at night and I was starting to fall asleep. I struggled to keep my eyes open.
“Don’t worry Kira, I won’t take off you can sleep,” I saw his warm smile just before I gave up and slipped into a deep sleep.
What I thought I dreamed felt like I never did fall asleep. Was I really asleep? Or was everything really going on with out me knowing? But all I knew was after my eyes closed I heard voices, they were whispering about something, but I couldn’t hear what they were saying. Then I felt a pair of hands pick me up and a strong wind hit my face. I closed my eyes tighter, this was no dream, what the hell is going on? I finally opened my eyes and tried to look at who was carrying me. I expected to see my brother but it was some one else. My will to move was gone, as if my head was disconnected from my body. I tried to scream but all that came a mingled cry. The wind kept pounding my face, as my panic grew.

~*~ ???? POV~*~

I continued to watch as the girl fell asleep next to her brother. ‘How sentimental.’ I thought. Right after Kien looked in our direction and nodded, the signal. We all jumped out of the tree at the same time.
“About time, geeze. I thought I was going to be stuck in that tree forever,” my whiney partner said.
“Shut it Kisame. She’s asleep now, so lets just get her back to the base,” Kien snapped at him. I was the first to move, I walked over to the sleeping girl and pick her up.
“Let’s get moving,” I said simply and started to run at full speed. After a few minutes I heard a cry from the girl in my arms. Without thinking I tightened my grip and ran faster. The others started to fall behind, only Kien was able to keep up with me. An hour or two passed and we finally got to the base. Kien opened the doors and we walked inside and headed to Leader’s office. Kien knocked on it and we heard the unmistakable voice of Leader.
“Come in,” he said. We all walked in slowly. We all bowed our heads in respect and waited for him to let me speak. He nodded to me and I started to speak.
“Our mission is complete, we have found and brought you the girl you asked for,” I put the sleeping girl on the floor. Leader looked at her and nodded, “Good job, now take her to the cells,” but before he could signal for us to leave Kien objected to his order.
“Leader, please let me keep her in my room, I’ll even seal it so she won’t try to escape, please,” Kien was pushing his luck, but maybe he was just lucky for Leader then said fine and let us go. I picked up the girl and walked with Kien to his room.
“Hehehe nice job throwing yourself in the lion’s den Kien. I was sure Leader was going to kill you for speaking against his order,” Kisame chuckled. Kien said nothing and kept walking. We quickly got to his room, he opened the door and I walked in first. I put his still sleeping sister on his bed and started to walk out when Kien stop me.
“Thanks Itachi,” was all he said. I nodded to him and left.

~*~ Kira’s POV~*~

I slowly opened my eyes to a dark room. ‘Where the hell am I? Wasn’t I in the park?’ I gasped as I just remembered what happened before fell asleep.
“Kien……where did you go now? Please tell me that you didn’t leave me again,”
“Don’t worry I’m still here,” I heard Kien voice. I sat up and noticed that I was on a bed of some kind. It was so soft, better then trees and the ground. “Where are we?” I asked. I looked at his face and saw pain in it. I looked puzzled, ‘why is he acting so strange?’ I thought. He then spoke quietly.
“Do you know of the organization Akatsuki?” he was no longer looking at me anymore. I pondered his question for a few minutes then I remembered all the rumors I’ve heard during my travels.
“Yeah, now that I think of it I have heard of them… I heard they were a group of some of the most wanted criminals around. That’s all I can think of….” Kien said nothing and stood up and walked into the surrounding darkness. “Hey, wait! Don’t leave me!” I got up and ran after him. I followed him out a door and into what looked like a hallway and lost him. “Damn it!” I whispered to myself, “Well I might as well go explore this place….” I frowned and started to walk around. I wondered around, hallway after hallway. Soon I saw a light coming out of a door at the end of the 37th hallway. I walked towards it and found it was a kitchen. I poked my head through the doorway and saw some one was there.
“Hey it’s you, yeah,” the person said. They were wearing this black cloak with red clouds on it, the person looked like a girl, but their voice was that of a boy’s. His/her hair was blond and covered up half of their face. I looked puzzled at what he/she (maybe I should call this person ‘It’?) said.
“Do you know me?” I asked. I walked into the room and noticed it was fairly large kitchen.
“Well yeah,” ‘It’ started to say, “I was on the team to go get you, hmm,” ‘It’ smiled.
“A team to get me? Why? Ugh where the fuck am I?!?” I got more flustered.
“Wow take it easy will ya?” ‘It’ chuckled and continued, “I guess Kien didn’t tell you then. Well I’ll just do it myself then,” I breathed a sigh of relief. “Okay so you are right now in the Akatsuki base. Under our leader’s orders we were to get you back here, the reason why no one but him knows. Your brother is a member of this organization and he wanted to avoid getting you harmed, so he made a plan to wait till you fell asleep… and well I think you know the rest, yeah,” ‘It’ finished and silence hung in the air.
“Uh, thanks….” I said, trying to let what ‘It’ told me.
“Well I have to get going, my name is Deidara by the way,” ‘It’ said then walked out. ‘Okay, so ‘It’ is a boy,’ I thought to myself. I chuckled and looked around the kitchen. I spotted the table and sat down at it. I sighed and let the information that Deidara had told me sink in. ‘This doesn’t make sense. Akatsuki is a criminal organization why would Kien be apart of it? Last I checked he wasn’t a criminal….’ I was so deep in thought I didn’t even know some one was right behind me.
“You do realize that you are talking to yourself,” I turned around and saw some one that looked like a fish. I looked puzzled.
“Really? Sorry,” I looked down at the table.
“So you believe that your dear brother isn’t a ‘criminal’?” the fish man asked. He chuckled and left the room before I could say anything. ‘What the hell was that about?’ I thought. Sense when did people look like fish? I shook my head and stood up. Whatever. I walked out of the kitchen and headed in a different direction then way I came. I put my hands in my pockets and looked down at my feet as they walked on without my control.
After a few minuets I was still looking down at my feet as they continued to walk. Suddenly I collided with a solid object and feel back onto my ass.
“Damn it,” I whispered and looked up at what I had ran into. I saw that it was a person I had ran into. “Oh! I’m so sorry! I’ve been looking for my brother and now it seems that I have gotten lost…,” I said as I stood up. I looked back at the person I had ran into, and looked into their eyes. Bad idea. Next thing I knew after looking into those crimson eyes my vision went black, and I feel unconscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long for this chapter, I've been ssssooooo busy!!!! Well anway, I hope you liked it!