Sequel: White Lilies

Black Roses

Part Seven

Taylor was sat in the living room, watching T.V. in her baby blue tank top and ¾ shorts pyjamas. She was eating a bowl of Special K cereal at noon; not the greatest way of spending a ‘sick’ day but she didn’t care. Then the doorbell rang.
She yawned and pulled her hair into a high ponytail as she made her way to the door.
“What’re you doing here?” She managed to say, speaking to a cloud of smoke on her doorstep.
He didn’t wait for her to ask him if he wanted to come in and pushed past her, standing in the hallway slumped against the wall.
“Who was-” Eva started, when she noticed the guy standing before her, her eyes widened and she made an ‘eep’ noise before running up the stairs.
He shrugged “At least your little sister approves of me.”
Taylor sighed and crossed her arms. “One; she’s not my little sister. Two; she’s too young to understand how much of an asshole Frank Iero is.”
“Ouch.”
Taylor stepped back, sighed again and rolled her eyes. “Why’re you here?”
Frank smiled. “I’m here to apologise.”
Taylor coughed, chocking on air in shock, then narrowed her eyes. “Wait…Gerard sent you didn’t he?” She’d spent most of the night before in Gerard’s company and found that they had loads in common and felt like she’d known him a lot longer then a few days.
Frank dug his hands deep in jeans pocket and concentrated on the floor. He sighed. “Well, I’m not gunna lie…”
“So he did?”
“Yea.”
“Cya then,” Taylor said opening the front door for him.
His features softened from the usual cocky smirk and a look of shock and hurt came to his face. “W…what?”
“I’m not ready to talk to you yet.”
His shoulders slumped and he sent her one last hurt look before walking out of the house.
Taylor turned round and leant against the door, her hands running through her hair and undoing the ponytail, her eyes tightly closed.
“Who was that?”
Taylor slowly opened her eyes to see Eve standing at the bottom of the stairs.
“His name’s Frank. He’s one of Gerard’s mates, d’you remember Gerard?”
“Yea,” Eve nodded; she stared at the floor for a few seconds. “TayTay?”
“Yea hon?”
“What does asshole mean?”