Sequel: White Lilies

Black Roses

Part Eight

“She asked that?”
“Uh-huh.”
“What did you say?” Gerard asked, a smirk playing on his lips as he leaned forward with his forearms resting on The Coffee House counter top.
Taylor leant back in her chair, laughing. “Why’re you so interested?”
“Cause you and Frank are both mates of mine,” Taylor’s heart swelled at hearing someone who wasn’t Ella or Bob call her a mate. “And I wanna know what’s going on,” He added keeping the smirk.
Taylor shrugged and took a sip of her coffee. “He’s just an ass.”
Gerard laughed and ran a hand through his long black hair. “Frank’s…” he paused searching for something to describe Frank. “…the mate you like but hate at the same time…”
“Gee, you make no sense.”
Gerard scrunched up his nose and closed his eyes “But you love me!”

Taylor checked her watch and sighed. 2:30pm. The others were 15 minutes late. She’d finished work at 2pm so she could be at the park by quarter past as Gerard, Ella and Bob had said they’d meet her there.
As if on cue her phone buzzed in her pocket.

Something’s come up. Cya l8r hun
Gee xoxo


She rolled her eyes and hugged her black denim jacket closer to her body.
“Taylor?”
She turned around to where the voice had come from.
He took a cigarette from his lips as they both said “What’re you doing here?”
“Well; Gee, Bob and Ella told me to meet ‘em here,” Frank shrugged.
Taylor’s eyes widened “I don’t believe them.”
“While you’re here...” Frank started, his hands buried in his hoodie pockets, his head bowed as he passed a stone from foot to foot.
“I still don’t think I’m ready to talk,” She mumbled looking anywhere but him. He’d hurt her feelings the other night and his arrogant, cocky attitude was, basically, getting on her nerves.
But even though she hated him as much as she did; she liked him 10 times more. Gerard was right. Frank was the friend you love and hate.
Next think she knew was he had his hand resting on her forearm. She gulped and tried not to blush.
He stood directly in front of her. “I am sorry. Really really sorry.”
She didn’t know where to look again.
“C-can we start over?”
She quickly lifted her head and stared into his beautiful hazel green eyes. She found herself smiling “O-okay then.”
He grinned and stepped back holding his hand out for her to shake. “I’m Frank Iero.”
She kept her smile as she placed her smaller hand in his “I’m Taylor Adams.”