Lips Lie, Talk Is Cheap

It's the same game I play 'till the bend

“She’s up.” Jack’s voice was the first thing I heard as my eyes opened in a familiar lounge. Rapidly Alex pushed Jack aside. “How do you feel Allison? Do you want something? What’s my name?” I smiled not only cause of his jumble but the sight of his face. “Thanks Alex, but I’m fine and I don’t need anything, well maybe, would you mind telling me how I got here?”

“Well you see Allison, it all started on a lazy afternoon, with the late winter breeze blowing in the lovely town of Baltimore, where lived a beautiful girl na-”

I threw a cushion at him. “Stop Jack, for once I’m serious.”

“So am I.”

“Please Jack.” Alex glared him telling it wasn’t funny at all.

“Fine, have it your way.” There was a mixture of hurt and confusion in his voice. “You passed out when we were at the park. I freaked out and didn’t know what to do, so I carried you all the way here, where I found Alex lurking around. Alex thought it was better to bring you here than to take you home.” As he explained, he proceeded to sit next to me, wearing a silly face, I had to bite my lip to contain the laughter. “But I still don’t understand why.” His eyes pleading for answers.

“That doesn’t matter Jack, seriously thanks kid.” I hugged him and kissed his cheek. Nice ways of mine to thank people. There was something in Alex’s glare, Jack’s zany smile and the overwhelming silence telling me that the kiss was a bad idea.

“Jack I think I you should go, I can handle this.”

“What dude are you jealous?”

“No! What the fuck dude? I just need to talk with her.” Jack acted like a child, crossing his arms against his chest. “Please Jack.”

“Fine, I have better things to do anyways.” Jack kissed me goodbye and proceeded to give Alex one of those awkward man hugs I was so used to seeing.

As soon as the door was shut, Alex sat next to me. “So want to tell me what happened doll face?”

“There’s nothing else you should know.” I faked a smile to stop the interrogating.

“Please don’t lie to me. I know why you passed out and I’m worried about you, it hurts to see you like this.” I need to practice that smile.

Yet another eerie silence filled the room. “That’s not all, Jack told me how you really got pissed off when… well you know, I thought you were over it.”

“So did I, but it’s not easy to forget something like that.” There are plenty of subjects I hate and Alex was touching each one of them. I got up from the couch and started pacing in the room. After good five minutes of staring at me, Alex jolted from the couch and took me in his arms.

His rough hands flipped the hair out of my eyes and cupped my face. His deep gaze focused in my eyes. “I won’t let anyone hurt you, not again.” And I believed him.

“So don't you go, I've got you where I want you and I'm never letting go hit the lights we'll be alright tonight our dreams come true.” If there is something I can’t resist it’s his voice, and he knows it. His singing sends a rush of blood through me, my knees get weak and the butterflies start tickling my insides, making me feel like I am the only one. Without this occasion being an exception, I couldn’t fight back the stupid smile that lingered my face.

His arms found their way around me. As our bodies were fused, I took a deep drag of his cologne. He pulled away to stare at me quizzically. He chuckled slightly and took off his beanie and placed it over my head. “I think that looks good on you, it makes you look cute.”

“Cute? Please Alex, we all know everything looks good on me.”

“There is only one thing I like on you.”

“And what is it?”

“Me.” I smiled to his seductive eyes. And just when our lips were about to touch, he moved away. Tease. “Do you want to watch a movie?”

I saw him grin devilishly. “That’s how it all started, remember?”

“How could I forget it doll face? Now tell me, do you want to watch Pirates of the Caribbean?”

“Sure, there’s nothing else I’d rather do than waste my day listening to you babble about how hot Keira Knightly is.” Even though he has a point there.

The movie started and so did the cuddling. “I’ll be right back.” Without saying more, Alex left me to wonder what I had done wrong.

Alex came back with a blanket making me laugh. “What now Alex? Are you going to play the lovely boyfriend role?”

“I can at least try to make you happy.”

As the movie played Alex’s hands snaked around me, slowly sliding into my pocket. He looked at me expectantly as he pulled out a crumbled piece of paper.

I enjoyed spending the evening with you.
Call me some time.
1-404-218-0999...


He couldn’t expect to be the only one.

Luckily, he didn’t ask anything. But that scared me, he didn’t care that I hooked up with random guys? Indifference hurts more than anything. He didn’t say anything. What does he think? Is he mad? Why won’t he say anything? I was freaking out.

Alex looked back at me and pulled me to his chest. At least he isn’t mad.
With the warmth of the blanket and the comfort of his arms, I ended resting on his lap.

“Alex darling, where are you?”

“Shh, mom Allison is sleeping.” I closed my eyes and pretended to be sleeping. I heard her heels closer.

“Why is she sleeping on your lap Alexander?”

“Later mom, you’ll wake her up.” Alex’s voice was barely audible. She muttered something and walked away. I lifted my head from his lap. “Darling?” I lifted a brow smirking, he shrugged it off and smiled.

“I thought you were sleeping.”

“I think your mother doesn’t like me.”

“Does it matter if she likes you?”

“Not when I have you.” I smiled placing an arm around his neck forcing his face closer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler =P
Comments = love and chocolate chip cookies ^_^