Speed Dialing

The Beginning

Marilyn

“If this is what you want, then fire at will,”
His voice, to me and probably many other fans, was just amazing. On top of that, the lyrics were also magnificent. Call me crazy, but I fell in love with the band. I heard them on the radio once and soon enough I had bought the first and second CD. Needless to say, I was a major fan at this point.
Well, how could you not be a major fan? They had great sounding music, lovely lyrics, and the amazing voice.
I think I’m just repeating myself, so I’ll just live in the moment now.
So, Gerard had begun regular stage antics. He’d go up to Frank and practically nuzzle against his cheek then walk away- or should I say strut away? He would then go on to putting his foot on the speaker and put all his weight on it. He’d lean forward and scream, “Are you ready, California!?”
I had tried to squeeze against all the other fans to go up front, but sadly, it never happened. I ended up getting bruises later on, but that’s a whole different story.
I was around the middle section when I believed Gerard stared at me. Okay, so maybe that was a total fluke, but it could have happened.
I continued to scream the lyrics along with all the other fans, closing my dark brown eyes shut as I just let myself get lost in the music.
All of this was so amazing. I never thought it’d be this big, but it was. Okay, I’ll admit, this was my first My Chemical Romance concert.
I nodded my head quite a bit after Gerard’s voice became soft. My pale [if I could describe it like that] blonde hair was following with me to the beat with every word.
The guitars played one more chord and then suddenly stopped. Gerard opened his mouth to speak once more, “You guys were fucking INCREDIBLE!” With that yell, he earned a hell of a lot more from the fans in return. You could hear a couple of “I LOVE YOU FRANKIE!” and “YOU’RE SO SEXY!” from the fan girls. I found it quite disturbing but they did speak the truth.
I couldn’t help but feel giddy as now they opened their very own meet and greet. Of course it would be packed and it’d probably be an hour before I could talk to them. Suddenly I thought that maybe I wouldn’t see them at all. Boy, would that suck.

________________________________________________________________________

Gerard

The show was incredible, well, I’d already said that.
The band was getting so famous and noticed that it was mind-blowing. We were just these guys from New Jersey and now… SHIT. We practically had girls begging for us, fans in general wanting to hear us, and it was AMAZING.
We never had any of this in high school, let alone in our LIFE. This was fucking amazing- no, it was better than that.
Doing these concerts was so much fun and we had gotten a bigger response every time.
To move on to the present tense, the guys and I were setting up the meet and greet. I casually stood up, my eyes wandering to all the fans piling up.
I have to admit, it was fun to autograph pictures, merchandise, and the like. These kids really loved us. Most of them were teenagers who were probably consumed with other shit, but at least we were sending out something to them.
“Hey, thanks for coming.” I greeted one of the fans with a grin. It wasn’t one of those fake grins, I actually meant it as I did to every other fan. This fan was a blonde, but she was… different. She was also short too, if I may add.
“No problem. This was totally amazing. Thanks.” She had replied, grinning back and handing her CD covers for us to autograph.
“Was this your first time?” I asked, making small talk automatically. It was something I picked up in art school. How? Don’t ask.
“Uhm, yeah.” She blushed a bit and giggled. Okay, so her giggle was a little cute, sue me. “Was it that obvious?” She asked, taking her CD covers back.
“Oh, no, not at all.” I told her, shaking my head. “Well, thanks for com-“
She cut me off.
“No, thank you.” She merely stated, going on her merry way and trotting along.
Trotting along? What the shit?

LATER ON

“Hey, you guys, I found a phone.” Mikey, my younger brother yelled from across the room.
I looked up and rose a brow, “A phone? Who’s is it?” I asked, looking around.
Frank had merely shrugged and then shook his head, “It’s not mine. I mean.. it has Hello Kitty on it.” He giggled and shook his head again. “So it’s definitely not mine.”
“What about you Ray? You seem like the Hello Kitty type of guy.” Mikey joked with our other guitarist, who just made a face before he shook his head.
“Okay, two down, two to go.” Mikey hardly made eye contact with our drummer, seeing as they had gotten in a fight a while ago. Matt was really becoming a pain but no one was to bring it up until it became really serious.
“Not mine.” Matt grunted out, taking a long drink from his beer bottle.
“Not mine either, Mikey! You know I don’t own a phone to begin with.” Gerard chuckled, “Not yet anyway.” I snatched the phone from Mikey and looked through the gallery of pictures.
“Gerard! You.. you.. PRIVACY BURGLAR!” Frank wailed, pointing at me and sticking his tongue out.
“Privacy burglar? Frank, what the hell!?” Ray asked, laughing afterwards.
I ignored them, looking at the pictures. There she was. It was that one fan that I thought her giggle was well.. adorable.
This was her phone, shit. I looked through her contacts and found that she had her home number on here. With luck, she would live in this town and be home at this exact moment.
I pressed the button that said, “TALK” and heard a ringing sound. I pressed the phone to my ear and waited for her to pick it up.
“Hello?” Her voice sounded squeaky, like as if she had just lost her breath.
“Uhm, hey.” I greeted awkwardly. What else was I to say?
“Who’s this?” Her voice changed, seeing as she gained her breath obviously. It was still on the soft side though.
“Well, it’s Gerard Way, sugar.” I spoke, smirking at her response afterwards.
“Oh shitfuck.” She stated on the other line.
I could only imagine how her face looked.