Speed Dialing

One in a Million

Gerard

I fluttered my eyes open as I woke up. Naturally I was scared shitless, seeing as this wasn’t the house I was at last night. This was a hotel! Right, Mikey had checked the band in last night I think. I sat up and soon gripped my head in frustration. I had the worst headache ever. I gritted my teeth and tried to stay perfectly still as I let the headache move on by itself.
At this point I was trying to remember what happened last night. All I remember was- Wait, I don’t remember anything. All I remember is the fact that we all went to a friend’s house and partied, simple as that. I tried to recap- Ray, Frank, Mikey, Matt, Marilyn- Wait, Marilyn. Where the hell was she? I don’t remember talking to her at the party, except at the beginning of the party.
I stood up slowly taking note that my head was hurting even more and my body ached as well. I decided to go on and take a shower, just to get my head cleared of things.
The brisk, sizzling water felt so fucking good as it hit my back and ran along my arms. I had my right hand against the wall to keep myself steady while my head was down, looking at my feet. There were many weird effects going on around here the revolved around me.
First of all, my body ached so I must have done some intense workouts last night or some shit happened.
Second of all, my boxers were sticky although.. I don’t even want to know why.
Last, but CERTAINLY not least, my head was killing me. I was presuming that I had drunk more than I could drink last night. That just made my heart fall because I had promised to everyone that I wouldn’t drink anymore. They must have seen me and if the band had seen me, that means Marilyn must have seen me. Shit, what would she think? She definitely didn’t approve of me smoking so drinking must be way worse! I was panicking and I finally came to the conclusion.
I really liked Marilyn.
Liking her gave me this sort of high and it was just so weird; but I liked it. Around her, I could be myself and not put on a show for her like I have to do with some other people. Sure, we may annoy each other sometimes, but I feel that I could really be with her. She just made my heart flutter [as girly as that sounds, yes] with her adorable sayings and personality. Meeting her was a one in a million chance and it turned out for the better.
Now all I have to do is figure out how to ask her out.
By this time I was already out of the shower with lightly damped clothes and wet hair. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled at myself as I tried to dry my hair. I looked up and saw Mikey standing at the doorway.
“Hey Mikey!” I greeted him, continuing to dry my hair.
Mikey hadn’t said anything although he did make movements towards me. As we were now face to face, he fished in his pockets and then took his hand out in the shape of a fist.
I rose a brow and slowly reached out with my hand to be open for whatever he was going to give me.
What fell into my hand was Marilyn’s abstinence ring.
♠ ♠ ♠
O:
Gee, you're in troubleeee.
Aha, I liked writing this chapter.
CONTINUE TO SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!<3
Oh, and by the "Way", if somebody could give me a picture of an outfit Gerard could wear so I can describe it, I'd appreciate it!