Speed Dialing

Protective Much?

Marilyn

I sighed heavily as I plopped myself down on the couch on the tour bus. Gerard looked down at me with a stern look on his face. Was he really that angry that I had gone into the mosh pit? In my point of view, I found this whole scene very ridiculous.
There was a long awkward silence until Gerard let out a sigh from his pale toned lips. He then sat down next to me and his hand was placed on my knee. His back leaned comfortably against the fabric of the couch as he began to speak, “I was so fucking worried.” He stated bluntly after clearing his throat. His voice didn’t sound so raspy, yet at the same time it sounded like he had just finished crying, which did alarm me.
“I know.” I admitted looking down. Just seconds later, I looked back up with a sheepish expression. “I don’t see what the big deal was, I came out fine anyway. I wasn’t even near the fight!” I told him, continuing, “I can take care of myself, you know.” Gerard sighed heavily once more with a tired expression on his face. I couldn’t tell if he was just sick of hearing me argue with him [I had argued even more on the way over here] or he was just tired from the show.
“I didn’t know that. Ever since I’ve come into your life, I’ve brought shit along with it. I mean, first of all, I raped you,” He tried hard to get the word “rape” out of his lips, “got you pregnant, and you were hit by a car because of me.”
“Technically it was because I wasn’t looking..” I mumbled, thinking Gerard didn’t hear me. “Well, no, because if I hadn’t been drinking, that wouldn’t have happened. Gerard’s hand eased off of my knee. While he did so, my eyes met his and I knew where he was coming from now.
Gerard had grown so protective of me over the past few weeks. I had never really noticed all he, “be safe’s” he would issue out before leaving me at home. Now I knew the whole meaning of them. Damn, Gerard must have gone through utter Hell.
I let out a sigh, “Okay, you’re right.” I finally told him after another moment of an awkward silence. “I’m sorry.” I apologized and lifted my right hand as a sign of my oath, “I promise not to disobey you ever again.
Gerard’s lips curved upward as he then leaned in to kiss my cheek tenderly. “You make me sound like your father than your boyfriend.” He told me with a sheepish grin on his beautiful face.
“Only because you act like a father sometimes.” I replied, my own lips forming a smile. Gerard laughed and ran his hand through his hair, “It’s not my fault you are so damn clumsy.” I knew he was joking and that just made me stick my tongue out in annoyance.
“Pfttt! Not my fault either.” I told him, soon leaning body against his. I snuggled close to his own figure while his arm wrapped around my shoulders. Gerard kissed the top of my head and then spoke, “I just hope this doesn’t happen again. Our fans aren’t usually like that.” He stated while he nuzzled the strands of my hair.
I giggled lightly and lifted my hand up to graze his cheek. “Well, I know. It’s just a rare thing, it probably won’t happen again.” I told him, not even entirely sure myself.
“True. You just never know though.” Gerard replied as he continued to bury his face in my hair. I couldn’t help but I laugh as I continued to rest against him.
I wish that moments like this could last forever, but there’s always something worse that ruins them.
That’s exactly what happened the next day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, I'm sorry, I'll stop whining.
:/
I feel pathetic now, I'm sorry.