The Freedom of a Killer Is Gone

Chapter One

[[Third Person POV]]

Two bodies laid sprawled amongst dark purple bed sheets. A man, and a woman. The man, was wide awake, gently stroking a scar that resided on the woman's left cheek, much similar to one on his own. His other arm was wrapped possessively around her, holding her close to himself. The woman, was sleeping soundly, oblivious to her partner. Her breaths came out rhythmically, mesmerizing the man.

Breaking himself from the trance, the man looked over at the clock in their bedroom, his dark wavy hair tickling the woman's cheek. It was nearly eight o' clock, the woman would have to go soon. A smile cracked on the man's scarred lips. He began to gently poke the woman's cheek, then blew air across her face, anything to irritate her sleeping form. Slowly, the woman began to wake up. The man sank back down into the bed, pretending to be asleep. With a yawn, the woman pulled her self from the comfort of the bed and her loved one.

She trotted tiredly to the closet, stripping off her night clothes and exchanging them for her day clothes. Jeans and t-shirt, simple, as always. Limbs aching, the woman walked to the bathroom and did her morning routine: use the restroom and wash her face. As she came back into the bedroom, she smiled at her still-sleeping love. Picking up a pair of sneakers, she sat down on her side of the bed and began lacing them up on her feet. Suddenly, something grabbed her waist, dragging her back onto the bed. The man pinned her hands on either side of her head, grinning. The woman, laid beneath him shock flooding her eyes giving her an innocent look.

Soon, a grin over took her features. "Well this is a nice way to start the day." She let out a role of harmonious laughter sending chills down the man's spine. He loved that laugh.

The man bent his head down, burying it in the crook of her neck. He let out a peaceful sigh. "I know, it's because you love me." Over the last couple of years he had grown to love hearing her say that.

"I guess." The woman said airily.

A glare settled onto the man's face. "Now that, Ebby, was very unkind." He growled picking his head up.

"Well then, J, I am deeply sorry."

J. That was the name she had decided to call him. For he had two names, and she was sure which to call him. She loved both sides that the names came from, because she loved every bit of the man on top of her, so she resigned to calling him J.

The two grinned at each other before smashing their lips together. This was, to say the least, a normal morning routine for the past four years. They had left Gotham four years ago, escaping their confinement in the local asylum. Both escaped, gathered all the money they had, and drove miles away from the city and bought a house. Their house was in a pristine neighborhood, and they, on a regular basis, disturbed everyone. Whether it was yelling or getting in physical and verbal fights.

"I have to go to work." Ebby mumbled pulling away from J.

He sighed laid down on top of Ebby, trapping her. "Fine." He grunted getting up his back facing her.

Ebby got up and sat down beside him, tracing his scars lovingly. "I love you." She whispered getting off the bed and walked out towards the kitchen, leaving J grinning. Stretching her arms above her head and picked up the keys to the van. She picked up her wallet then walked out of the house.

Jamming the key into the key hole she opened the drivers door. Ebby had in fact learned to drive and was quite well at it. She drove through the half-empty streets calmly. Thankfully since J had woken her up, Jen would not tease her about being so late.

[[Ebby's POV]]

I parked the van in front of the motorcycle shop and hopped out. As I walked in, Jen was at the counter flipping through a magazine.

"Wow! Your not late! I must say I'm impressed." Jen laughed sarcastically.

"Shut it you crazy-nutter." I snapped playfully.

Jen chomped her teeth together. "Bite me."

This girl, this strange outcast, was my best and only friend. I met her the first year I came here. She was working here at the store when I came in one day. That day happened to be the day some idiot decided to rob the store. He was already there, pressing a gun to Jen. I was shocked and couldn't move, and not for the reasons one would think. Jen, looked exactly like Polly, my decease friend from the asylum. The likeness was unimaginable. Her hair was brown and blonde shoulder length and brown eyes. She had a pretty face, almost soft but still had a wild edge to it. As soon as I got the chance, I bowled over the robber punching and kicking before I grabbed his gun and hit him over the head. Ever since then we have been thicker than thieves.

"Has anyone come in yet?" I asked sitting on one of the motorcycles in the store.

"Well, there was a flying camel," She started, "Ebby, it's like eight thirty in the morning! A lot of people are still asleep. We did have someone call in saying they'd come in tomorrow to pick up some parts."

"Wow, I can tell to day is going to be-" I cut myself off, my jaw hanging down.

Jen waved her hand in front of my face. "Yo Ebby? Anyone home?"

I ignored her.

He was standing in front of the shop, a lopsided smirk on his face. His eyes were cold, hateful, and vengeful. He stared at me for a moment longer then mouthed 'See you soon.' It was not fear that kept me still, just more like shock as he stood there.

Then, Harvey 'Two-Face' Dent, walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, well that one was blleehh because Ebby and the Joker have changed a bit. Hopefully no one will stone me for that chapter.

-Babylon