The Freedom of a Killer Is Gone

Chapter Ten

Stockholm, Jen, Two-Face, and a small group of Italians, sat in a van, waiting. It was nearly four, almost time to complete the plan. Jen was noticeably ecstatic, her eyes flicking around eagerly. Stockholm sat beside her, calm and uncaring. Glancing down at the watch she had acquired, Stockholm pulled on her mask.

"Ok, Gentlemen and Jen, it's time. We go in there, get the girl, come back out and head to Tarasov's. You start lagging we will NOT come back for you." She instructed loading her gun. The men let out murmurs of understanding. "Good, now you and you stay here and keep the van running." She ordered pointing to two random men.

Then, Stockholm, Jen, Two-Face, and three other men jumped out of the van and ran for the apartment opposite of them. They descended swiftly down the apartment stairs as quietly as they could. Stockholm was surprised the Italians weren't banging around and was thoroughly impressed by it. Finally the group stood in front of the apartment guns at the ready. Reaching out her hand, Stockholm knocked on the door calmly. Her gun was placed so it would be aiming at the person's head as her's lolled to the side carelessly.

Woman opened the door. "Hel-" She cut herself off and stared wide-eyed at the group.

"We're here for the party." Stockholm chuckled and stepped into the apartment pushing past the woman. The rest of the group filed in. "Search the house, find them." She ordered.

The Italians dispersed through the apartment as Stockholm, Jen, and Two-Face watched the front door and the woman. She stood fearfully in the apartment's living room.

"Why are you here?" She asked, her voice shaking throughout the sentence.

"Do you not want us here?" Jen asked, pretending to be taken aback.

Before the woman could reply a high-pitched scream started, but was suddenly cut off. The Italians came in holding a bound teenage girl in their arms.

"Lisa…" The woman breathed out her eyes wide-eyed and terror filled.

"He wanted us to kidnap this girl?" Stockholm asked angry that they had taken their time to pick up some teen brat. "Fuck, fine." She growled, turning to the woman. "Look Lady, you can call the police when we're gone, but they're not going to find us." A grin spread across her face as she turned to the gagged girl and grabbed her arm.

The group ran out of the apartment then back to the van. No one was missing as the got into the vehicle, they knew Stockholm wasn't kidding.

"Fuck! What are you waiting for go!" She screeched.

Jen let out a cackle as the driver slammed a foot down on the gas and zoomed off. Stockholm grinned and looked back at the girl. She was cowering in the back of the van her eyes looking around wildly. Sighing, Stockholm got from her seat and sat down in the back. She removed her mask and pushed her hair from her face.

"Ok, listen up girly. You want to live, you do anything and everything anyone tells you to do. So when I tell you to blink three times," She paused waiting for the girl, but she stayed still, "you fucking do it!" She shouted kicking the girl in the side. The girl let out a cry of terror then quickly blinked three times. Smiling in satisfaction, Stockholm took off the girls gag. "Now, what's your name?" She asked calmly.

Before Stockholm's anger could rise, the girl answered.

"Lisa." She whispered curling up slightly.

"What's your last name?"

"Gordon."

Stockholm leaned backwards, her back hitting the side of the van as she looked at the girl sideways. Laughing, she shook her head and grinned. Seconds later she was on the floor of the van laughing so hard her eyes started to water. Soon, Jen was following her friend's contagious laughter. The young girl sat scared and confused looking between the two women.

"Boss, we're here." One of the Italians said.

It took Stockholm a moment to realize they were talking to her. She stood up and grabbed the girls hand and kicked the van's backdoors open. Lisa followed Stockholm closely. Before they entered the rundown building, Stockholm bent down to the younger girls height.

"Remember what I told you, if you want to stay safe and with very little bruises, you have to do what they tell you."

Lisa nodded weakly and followed Stockholm inside.

The rest of group had stayed behind them, either out of respect of submissiveness towards the psychotic woman. Slowly, Stockholm weaved her way through the house, looking for someone.

As Stockholm stepped into a room, she froze.

Vanity Rouge lounged in a purposeful manner on the Joker's lap. His hand lay freely on her hip. His eyes traveled from Vanity, to Stockholm. Shock spread over his face then he looked down at the grinning woman in his lap.

Pressing her lips together, Stockholm grabbed Lisa and threw her on the floor. "Here she is. If you need me I'll be back tomorrow morning." She grunted turning away from the scene before her.

Jen, stared unbelievingly before her. Suddenly anger flooded onto her face. "You fucking bastard! Look what you did!" She screamed making everyone around her flinch. As soon as she said it she turned around and ran after her friend. Once she reached the front door she saw Stockholm across the street leaning against the van. Her head was low. But, there were no tears came down from her eyes. She slid down the van and plopped onto the ground.

The sky had started to darken giving the scene a perfect gloomy effect.

Jen slumped against the door frame her eyes gazing softly at her friend. Part of her thought it was fair that the Joker did that, because she had met up with some other guy. Though, Stockholm did it so she could have an asset of some sort to help her for any reason. The Joker, he seemed to have no reason. While she thought this, Stockholm was thinking very much the same.

Her hands dug into her pockets and touched something. Pulling the something out, she found it to be a phone number. Suddenly she jumped up and began running towards the center of town. Jen watched confused as her friend sprinted away.

"Ebby! Ebby! Where are you going?" She shouted to her friend that was barely in hearing distance.

"Places!" She yelled back a grin in her voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
That might have upset some of my readers because they don't like that the two love birds are pulling apart. Don't worry though, it shall be all good in the end.

-The Writer

P.S.-I get to see tDK for the third time tomorrow night.