The Freedom of a Killer Is Gone

Chapter Fourteen

[[Third Person POV]]

Stockholm stood at the back of the van buttoning up the shirt fully. Her clown mask was once again pulled over her head. In about five minutes they would go into the bank, rob it, and come back. But, something felt sickly wrong. She began to feel bile rise up in her throat.

Looking around, she spotted a trashcan and ran to it. Her shoulders hunched over as she emptied the contents of her stomach into the trashcan. Someone pulled back her hair as she heaved. After she was finished, Stockholm slumped to the ground wiping her mouth. Dragging a hand over her face she looked up at the person in front of her. She nearly jumped out of her skin as Two-Face stared her down.

"Thanks." She muttered getting up and scampering away from him.

"I hope you wont throw up while we're doing our job." Tarasov taunted as Stockholm stepped up beside her loading her gun.

Stockholm made a noise somewhere between a laugh and snort. "I'd be watching your back if I was you not seeing that I dirty the floor." She countered walking towards the bank with the rest of the group trailing behind her, carrying many large duffle bags and rope.

"And I'd watch yours." Tarasov mumbled.

Stockholm at the front the group barged into the bank. Pointing her gun to the roof, she let off a shot making screams erupt from the bank folk. "Down on your knees! Hands on your head!" She ordered her slick voice echoing through the silent bank. All the civilians dropped to there knees and did as they were told. "Tarasov, Bane, and you," she grunted pointing to one of the Italians, "stay here and make sure no one calls the police. Get the tellers out of their stations and bind them. Make sure no one gets out of your sight. Dent and you, come with me grab as many bags as you can and we'll got get the money." She commanded walking to the direction of the vaults.

Two-Face and the other Italian followed her obediently. Once the came to the vault, Stockholm dropped to her knees before the lock and carefully began to unlock it. The Italian stared at her strangely as she began to hum while unlocking it. In a matter of seconds the vault door swung open surprising both men.

"Ok lets go." Stockholm grunted grabbing a few bags and rushing in.

The three criminals began stuffing the bags quickly. The Italian stuffed the bags greedily, Two-Face in an almost angry manner, and Stockholm quickly but calmly. Soon, all the duffle bags were full and the trio was hauling them back up to the foyer. Bane, Tarasov, and the other Italian stood idly around.

"Did you keep an eye on them?" Stockholm asked looking around as she set the duffle bags down.

"Yes." Tarasov replied coldly.

Suddenly, sirens reached the ears of the criminals.

"Well obviously you didn't watch them good enough!" Stockholm shouted. She stomped over to the hulking Bane and grabbed his ear and yanked him down to her height. Stockholm might have been relatively tall but Bane was a good five inches taller. "Take all the bags and put them in the van. Now!" Bane growled in response and stomped over to the bags picking them all up. "Italians, you cover Bane as he goes and shoot at any cops."

The Italians nodded and followed Bane out the revolving door.

Stockholm ran a hand through her hair then looked over at Two-Face. "Dent, go get in the drivers seat and when we come out get it started."

Two-Face looked at her warily then walked out the doors as well.

"And what about me?" Tarasov asked crossing her arms.

"You," Stockholm growled pulling out her gun, "you watch." She turned away from the woman and looked at the cowering civilians. "Somebod-y better fess up! Or else," Stockholm grabbed a young girl and pressed the barrel to her temple, "her brains will be splattered all over this floor!" She said in a sing-song tone.

None of the people spoke, they just looked at each other terrified.

"I'll give you to the count of three-"

"Abby!" The mother of the girl cried out trying to make a grab for her daughter.

Flicking her gun, Stockholm shot the mother in the head then brought it back to the girl's head.

"One…"

No one answered.

"Two…."

Some exchanged glances.

"Three."

Boom

The girl's small body fell to the ground her eyes turning white.

"You people truly are monsters." Stockholm cackled turning towards Tarasov. "Lets go."

Tarasov's brows raised at her. She was thoroughly impressed.

The two walked out of the bank, the sirens were very close now.

"Shit, run!" Stockholm shrieked braking into a sprint.

Some how, Tarasov got a head of her and the van seemed to get farther away. Suddenly a gun went off. A bullet pierced Stockholm's side, making her fall to the ground. Two-Face stepped out of the van, getting ready to get her.

"Stockholm!"

"NO!" Stockholm shouted waving her hand. "GO! Damn it go!" She screamed. Conflict showed in his eyes as Two-Face looked at the bleeding woman in her weakest moment. "Go!" She yelled, almost pleading.

Two-Face bit his lip and drove off, leaving Stockholm to face the cops.

[[Penguins Hideout]]

The Joker sat on a chair, bored. They had gotten the money and come back, and it was all boring. Except for the fact Jen never let Vanity get close to the Joker. The two had actually gotten into a fist fight giving Jen a black eye and Vanity a broken nose. But now, he was eagerly awaiting Stockholm's arrival.

The sound of car pulling up made the Joker jump from his chair. A grin spread across his face as shadows spilled into the room. But none of them Stockholm's. His face fell as he at his loved ones absence. Breathing harshly his eyes flickered from side to side.

"Where is she!?" He roared clenching his hands.

"She was shot in the side while coming out of the bank. She told us to leave." Tarasov answered.

That being said, the Joker went berserk. He let out a roar of anger and kicked over a pile of boxes. Running over to a table he flipped it over kicking at it wildly. "NO!" He screeched banging his fists on it. How could this happen? Just as he had gained her back the damned cops had to pick her up.

Two-Face watched the Joker, his eyes glazed over. This reminded him so much of him and Rachel. Emotions pulled at his mind urging different ideas into his head.

"DAMN IT!" The Joker cried out sinking to the floor and ripping at his hair. Even if he could save her, it would be days. This was so unfair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mk, sorry I didn't update yesterday, I was just having a rough time writing it but thanks to an comment I was inspired to do this chapter. Hoped you liked it.

-The Writer.