The Freedom of a Killer Is Gone

Chapter Fifteen

"Damn it, get me a bucket!" a cop shouted running over to Stockholm.

She was on her hands and knees, vomiting onto the ground. For three days, this was the same routine. The cops would change shifts, waking Stockholm up, and resulting in her throwing up all over the floor.

A bucket was placed under Stockholm's face as she heaved up her food. Her dark red hair hung in her face, the cop not willing to help the retching woman.

"Fuck she needs to go to the doctor." He grunted walking out of the cell she was kept in.

Another cop shook his head side to side. "We can't do that, seriously. Getting her in a car would mean anyone else in that car is going to be dead. I'm surprised the Joker hasn't come for her sooner." He grunted as he watched Stockholm slump against the wall, holding her stomach.

"Can I get some damn water?" She grunted lolling her head back and closing her eyes. "Because if you don't every time you get near me I'll blow my barf breath on you." She threatened.

Immediately, one of the cops went off and came back with water. Stockholm snatched it away without any recognition and began to gargle the water and spit it into the bucket.

The whole time she had been at the station, she just sat there. No one came to talk to her or anything not even a psyche exam. And it was so boring. The cops were as annoying as hell and made if so much more worse. She truly would give for anything to happen.

"Commissioner Gordon."

Well there 'ya go!

A man with graying hair stared down at the young woman. His eyes were calm but Stockholm could clearly see the bubbling hatred beneath them. Before he could speak, a woman in a white lab coat carrying a bag walked around him and into the cell.

"Come on, get up, time for a doctors check up." The woman said hoisting Stockholm. She followed the doctor, confused, but followed her none the less. They walked into a separate room that had a cot, and curtain closing off a small portion of the room. "Ok, I'm going to take some of your blood and then your going to have to pee in a cup." The doctor explained setting the bag down on the cot.

"And if I refuse?" Stockholm prompted.

The doctor-woman turned around putting her hands on her hips. "You want to find out why your throwing up or not?" She snapped.

Stockholm mumbled and slumped against the wall. The doctor pulled out several medical instruments then turned to Stockholm. She grabbed the criminals hand and roughly pricked her forefinger. Stockholm neither flinched nor made noise, she merely stared up at the doctor with lazy eyes. The doctor drew a fair amount of blood before moving away from her.

"Go pee in this cup." She ordered tossing Stockholm a cup.

Catching it, Stockholm stood up and went behind the curtain and did as was told. Coming out from behind the curtain, she carefully handed the cup to the doctor, also having a slightly disgusted face. The doctor walked over to the door and knocked on it. Gordon came in and roughly took Stockholm by the arm, dragging her out.

The two walked, well Gordon walked Stockholm stumbled along, to the interrogation room. Gordon slammed her down in the metal chair and sat opposite her. He looked at her, she had changed from last time.

She didn't look as bold as she did last time, she looked a little broken. Her eyes roamed around the room before finally settling on Gordon's.

"I don't know where she is." She said, breaking the silence.

Gordon slammed his hands onto the table. Lisa had been missing for days and they couldn't find her. Mrs. Gordon had explained a masked clown leading a group came in and kidnapped her. He had finally gotten enough time to come down to the station and talk to her.

"Leal-"

"That's not my name anymore." Stockholm interrupted.

"Then who are you?"

"I'm just a dreamer! I dream my life away! I'm just a dreamer! Who dreams of better days!" She busted out singing rocking back and forth.

"Damn it! Tell me where my daughter is! I know you know!" Gordon yelled standing up.

"Nope, don't know."

Suddenly, Gordon's fist connected with Stockholm's chin. She fell to the ground lazily and made no effort to move when Gordon was raising his foot back to kick her in the stomach.

"WAIT!" Gordon stopped and looked over his shoulder. The doctor was standing by the door, a look of panic on her face, something in her hands. "Commissioner I really need to talk to you."

Gordon glanced back at Stockholm, then walked out of the room with the doctor, seeing what was so urgent.

[[Penguin's Hideout]]

Jen looked back from the Joker to the Penguin, her mouth agape.

"Why the hell haven't we gone to get her already!" She screamed thrashing her arms around.

The Joker said nothing, for the past three days he acted like a hollow shell of a man. He had barely said anything at all. The Penguin looked at her lazily, stroking the young Ms. Gordon's head. His fingers played in her hair, as she shivered beneath him, her eyes wide in fear.

"Look, it's a waste of time to go get her." Tarasov grunted making Vanity grin. "She was sick when we went to the bank, threw up in some trashcan." She waved her hand dismissively.

Jen's brows furrowed then she looked over at the Joker then at the ground. Joker. Ground. Joker. Ground. Jokerground, jokerground, jokerground, jokergr-

"OH MY FUCKING GOD! WE HAVE TO GO GET HER!" She screamed grabbing the Joker and running out.

Two-Face rushed after them, deadly curious at why they had to get her right that second.

[[Police Station]]

Gordon stared in disbelief at the doctor, then back into the room at Stockholm who had gotten up and sat back in the chair.

"Are you sure?" He asked for the third time.

The doctor nodded her head vigorously, confirming it.

Grabbing the object that was in her hand, he walked back into the interrogation room. He sat opposite Stockholm once again, and stared deep into her eyes. "Do you know what it's like to have a child of your own? The joy? The happiness?" He asked casually.

"No." Stockholm grunted.

"Well your about to." He snapped slamming the pregnancy test on to the table giving Stockholm a full few of the little plus sign.

Her eyes widened, staring at the test.

Then, she fell to the ground, crying and rocking back and forth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anyone expect that? Well, either way, hoped 'ya liked it.

-The Writer.