The Freedom of a Killer Is Gone

Chapter Seventeen

Two-Face watched the Joker and Ebby. The two were curled up together in a seat, the Joker's hand laying on her stomach. Ebby's head was laying on his stomach, her cheeks tear stained. Jen looked at him from the corner of her eye.

"You don't get it do you?" She chuckled.

"Well there's very little to get since I was told squat." Two-Face growled at her.

"Ok, I'll give you the sugar coated version. One night Joker boy over there and sweet little Ebby got jiggy with it. His baby gravy got in her baby maker. And poof! Ebby's got the anti-Christ's son in her belly!" Jen giggled giving a quick glance back at the couple.

The Joker's eyes were half closed, his head on top of Ebby's. Even looking at him, anyone could tell he was extremely proud. His finger's tangled themselves in Ebby's hair, stroking her head.

As Two-Face looked at her, he didn't see Rachel. Part of him so desperately wanted to see Rachel, but he didn't. He quickly glanced at Jen, hoping to see Rachel, but he didn't. He saw the smirking young woman who was Ebby's family. Sighing silently, Two-Face lent against the window.

Pulling in front of the abandoned warehouse, the Joker jumped out, holding Ebby up. She smiled weakly up a at him then walked without his help alongside Jen and into the warehouse. Even from behind, Ebby seemed to look weaker. She still looked strong in a way: head high, back straight, and her strides long. But, it was noticeable that she just seemed weaker.

As they walked into the warehouse, the Penguin's renegade group stared them down. Every single person was there, except the Penguin and young Ms. Lisa Gordon.

Jen could feel Ebby tense up next to her. She glanced at her panic-stricken friend. Ebby's eyes were darting around quickly, searching for the young girl.

"Where's Gordon's daughter?" Ebby asked hurriedly. She looked at the Riddler, who grinned at her, then to Firefly who sat next to him, playing with his lighter.

"'Ya know?" Firefly began crouching over and putting his elbows on his knees, "some girls are so stubborn! You just have to…teach them a lesson." He laughed.

Ebby's panic doubled. She had told the girl to do what ever they asked. Fleeing from Jen's side she began to search the warehouse. She was going to beat that girl when she found her. A shrill cry came from a small room separate room. Running to it she flung the door open.

Lisa was in the corner, eyes wide, her shirt torn off leaving her chest protected only by a bra. The Penguin's short stature towered over the frightened girl. He had all the intentions of raping that girl. Ebby couldn't help but see images flash before her eyes and shame wash over her. Even after all these years, she never forgave herself for her friends death and rape.

With no hesitation she jumped at the Penguin, making him fall to the ground. Ebby began to pummel her fists into the short man. Her lips were drawn back in a snarl as she punched him roughly in the face. He let out a groan and with that Ebby jumped off him and ran to Lisa. She grabbed her shirt and ran from the small room. As they made it back to the front of the warehouse, Ebby stopped. She turned around and yanked the shirt over Lisa's head. Roughly taking her chin, Ebby made Lisa look straight into her eyes.

"What did I tell you?" She snapped moving her arms to the girl's shoulders and shaking her. "What did I tell you!?" She screamed shaking her.

Tears began to form in Lisa's eyes. "I-I'm sorry! He just kept…getting too close! I tried to push him away a-and then he took me to the room. I'm sorry!" She bawled, the tears now streaming down her face.

Ebby's shoulders sagged before she wrapped Lisa in a hug. She combed the girls hair gently shushing her softly. Lisa sobbed into her shoulder, holding onto Ebby tightly. "It's ok Lisa, it's ok. Come on." She pulled the girl towards the Joker.

A gun clicked behind them.

Slowly, her arms around Lisa, Ebby turned around to see the Penguin and his group pointing guns at them. Both Vanity and Tarasov and wide grins on their faces. Ebby pulled Lisa closer to her.

"She's just a kid, 'ya don't need to rape her!" Ebby shouted holding Lisa's head.

"Well she has to be taught lesson. It seems so do you."

All the guns aimed at both of them, then a shot was fired, though not from their guns. The Riddler fell to the ground, blood leaking from a hole in his chest. The scarlet liquid soaked his bright green suit, his eyes becoming glazed. Ebby looked back at the Joker, his gun raised.

"Well, now. I see how it is. You've decided to go off on me have you? Well then, an eye for an eye." The Penguin said casually pointing a gun straight Ebby.

Jen let out a cry of distress and jumped for Ebby only to be held back by Two-Face. "Penguin, you kill her, you take two lives." Two-Face growled gripping Jen carefully.

The Penguin raised an eyebrow, not catching the drift. "What do you mean?"

Rolling her eyes Jen ripped away from Two-Face. "God! You people are so stupid! She's pregnant you moron! Don't you dare hurt her!" She screamed viciously.

A wild grin spread across the Penguin's face. He had leverage. "Oh, this is perfect! Absolutely perfect! Bane grab Stockholm!"

Jen ran straight for Ebby as Bane charged for her. Then, everything seemed to become slow in Ebby's eyes. Jen was just a couple feet from her before Firefly flung himself at her, his hand on fire, dragging across Jen's torso. Wide eyed, Ebby dropped to the ground, her eyes wide with horror as her closest friend screamed in pain.

On her knees, tears streamed from Ebby's dark green eyes. This was too much, she never wanted this to happen.

"Please stop it!" She screamed as she moved away from Lisa and sat by unconscious Jen. "We'll do anything…we wont got against you. I promise, we'll do anything, just please don't hurt us." Ebby whimpered, totally broken.

The Penguin let out a cackle. "Good." He pulled out a file and tossed it to her. "Since you'll just be our little lap dogs, kill those people." He ordered looking down at her. "If you don't I'll kill that little slut and your friend. And if you don't," He began turning to the Joker who had remained silent, "I'll blow you and your precious baby to hell."

Nodding, the Joker looked down at Ebby. He had never meant it to come to this. For Ebby to be broken, her friend in agonizing pain either, and his own game turned against him. This game wasn't fun anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't posted for a couple days, I was just being lazy. No excuse for that. I just wasn't compelled.

Also, I've been thinking of writing another Joker series. It would have nothing to do with Ebby and that group. BUT, if you guys are against it in any way, I wont write it. I just want some opinions on that little idea.