The Freedom of a Killer Is Gone

Chapter Eighteen

Ebby sat on the table, dabbing Jen's burns gently medicine. Lisa sat next to her, silent, her knees tucked to her chest. The Joker placed at hand on her cheek gently. Ebby turned her head towards him, letting his fingers wrap around her chin. Her eyes were unbelievably pained.

"Come on, we need to go do our job." He said gently.

Nodding, Ebby got up from her chair and turned to Lisa. "Try to find some water, and when Jen wakes up give her some. Tell her I'll be back as soon as possible."

Lisa nodded and got up from her own chair.

Ebby and the Joker walked from the warehouse, silently, and into the van. These killings would be unsatisfying and agonizing for both of them. With glazed eyes, Ebby took out the file and flipped through it.

Wanted:

Mayor Garcia

Lois Patel

Judge Celesta Aramania

Carl Johnson

Sonya Weaver

Dick Grayson


Ebby gulped as she read the last name. She had no real connections with him but that didn't mean she could kill him without a mark on her conscience.

The rest of the papers had places that the persons would be found and more info on them. Lois Patel was the new DA, Carl Johnson was a renegade drug dealer, Sonya Weaver was Louis Patel's 'squeeze' and meant to be killed before Patel.

Shaking her head, Ebby tossed the file onto the dash. "Who are we going for first?" She asked, her voice monotone.

"Grayson. We'll work from the bottom up." He replied, but he truly only wanted to start from there to kill the bastard. He knew from the picture who he was.

"Ok." Ebby grunted, her voice still emotionless.

The Joker gripped the steering wheel of the van. He hated the way all of this had made his Ebby. He didn't want his child to be raised by this broken woman, he had to figure a way to get out of this. And fast.

He had to find a way to kill the Penguin.

To kill Firefly and Bane.

To kill Vanity and Tarasov.

To help Jen.

To give Lisa Gordon back.

And to bring his laughing Ebby back.

All he wanted was his love back. For her smooth and gentle laugh to fill his heart. He cared nothing for killing now. The Joker was a smart man. So smart he could trick everyone to thinking he was insane, and now he needed to put that smart to work. He could do it! He could, he really could! Fool them, that's what he could do, he could fool them. To protect his small little family, he could do that.

Ebby was his life, his heart, and every bit of him that lived and breathed. He wanted her to be happy, and for her to be happy, they needed to be away from all of this. He wanted to raise his child without the threat of the Penguin. All he wanted now, was to raise his child better than his father had him. And he had a plan how to.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was really short, sorries. I just felt like writing and what not. Remember, tell me your opinions on me writing another Joker series.

-The Writer.