The Freedom of a Killer Is Gone

Chapter Twenty-Two

Jen was stuck to the spot, not sure what to do. Two-Face's dead body was still just laying a few feet from herself.

"What happen to him?" A feminine voice asked.

Jen immediately narrowed her eyes and turned around. Vanity stood a few yards from her, her arms crossed and smiling. "He wanted to die." She muttered narrowing her eyes at the woman.

"Oh how sad." Vanity cackled skipping towards Jen. "So how's your…burn?" She asked poking her injured shoulder.

Letting out a hiss, Jen grabbed her finger bending it backwards. "Do. Not. Touch. Me." She growled her teeth gritting together.

Vanity narrowed her eyes and ripped her hand away. "Don't think you can order me around." She snapped crossing her arms.

"Why the hell would I listen to you? I can order you around any fucking time I want." Jen snorted clenching her fists together.

"Because," Vanity began pulling out her gun, "I hold your life in my hands!" She howled throwing back her head grinning. "Now go sit by the table and be quiet."

Jen's eye twitched as she back tracked and sat by the table. Bane came back and looked at Two-Face's body then grabbed his leg and dragged him off.. A protest rose in Jen's throat but she pushed it back. Her hands dug into her legs as she sat quietly. Sure she shot him, but that was indecent dragging him around like that.

Vanity skipped around twirling the gun around in her hand. "'Ya know, it's just a shame! Frankie saw a lot of potential in you and your friend. She's strong and mean, your tough and crazy the perfect little Misfits!" She shrieked grinning. "But some things just don't turn out like you think they would. Different place, different time, you and me could 'a been good friends."

"Like hell!" Jen snapped glaring at her. "I'd never be with some shit bag like you."

Turning heel, Vanity ran at Jen stopping right in front of her pressing the barrel to her temple. "SAY IT AGAIN! I dare you!" She screamed her body shaking with anger.

"I'd never be with some shit bag like you.." Jen whispered tauntingly.

Vanity leaned back letting out big bellows. "Ha! Ha! HA!" She screamed.

"Jen?"

Twisting around, Vanity looked at someone who resembled the Joker and Ebby. Seeing her only opportunity for escape, Jen shot up, grabbing the gun from Vanity and put her in a head lock. Jen pressed the gun to Vanity's head, as Vanity had done to her seconds ago. Pulling her arm up roughly making Vanity choke.

"Your such a bitch. I've been wanting to kill you forever. And now I've got another fucking reason." She growled pulling the trigger.

Bang

Vanity's body fell to the ground instantly, a gurgling noise coming from her mouth. Blood poured from her temple and Jen simply stood there glaring at the body. She wanted to shoot her over and over again, for causing Ebby pain. So she did, until the gun was empty.

"Jennifer." Ebby called, using her friends full name. "What's going on."

Looking up from the body, Jen's eyes widened as she ran to her friend. "Ebby, you guys gotta go." She said quickly. "They're going to kill you!" She explained in a hushed tone. "We have to go, we have to go now!"

Ebby looked at her, a small smile crept upon her face. "Which makes our plan all the better." She chuckled.

The Joker cracked a smile as well, though, it wasn't sadistic or crazy, just happy one.

"What plan?" Jen asked, utterly confused.

Ebby stepped forward and wrapped Jen in a hug. "Jen, your part of my family and I couldn't stand to see you get hurt. So please, just go outside, and stay out there. Go to the building across the street." Ebby pleaded burying her head in Jen's shoulder.

Jen stood straight, her eyes side to side in conflict. Her lip quivered ever so slightly, she had to protect Ebby, but Ebby wanted to protect her. She wanted so badly to just know what was going on but she didn't want to hurt Ebby. "Ok." She whispered backing away from Ebby.

A weak smile crossed Ebby's face, silently thanking Jen. Biting her lip, Jen walked out, extremely confused.

The Joker put a hand on Ebby's shoulder and wrapped her into a hug. This was just too much. He ran a hand through her hair putting his head on top of her's. There was one more part of the plan Ebby wasn't in on.

Footsteps echoed through the hideout and the two pulled apart. The Penguin stood, there, grinning. "You kill them all?" He asked plainly.

"All but one. We'll get him tomorrow." The Joker stated, monotone.

"Oh, there's no need for that we've got him here." The Penguin chuckled. "Wait a little bit, and you'll see him."

And the plan began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, that one was a bit crappy. NEXT CHAPTER IS FINAL CHAPTER! The ending is close! It's the end of the series and I'm a bit sad but I had so much fun writing it. In the epilouge, I'm going to make a big-ass thank you thing in the Author's Note.

:D
-The Writer.