The Freedom of a Killer Is Gone

Chapter Three

All the criminals were shocked, excluding Bane couldn't pay attention. They all knew the two ex-killers would yearn to be back on the streets doing what they did best. The look in Ebby's showed complete rebellion. Her dark green eyes glowered at the men as she crossed her arms.

"I'm not going to work for you." She snapped defiantly.

J stood tense, his face blank as he strode over to her and grabbed her arm. He dragged her outside and stood in front of the club's doors. "Do I really have to ask why?" He snapped.

"Why the fuck should we tag along with them? What are we going to gain from it? You tried to get the Batman before and where did that get you? Huh!?" Ebby shouted pulling away from him. "And we don't know them! What happens if they turn on us? Do you think Dent is fond of you?"

A grin stretched onto his lips. "What makes you think I don't know them?"

[[Ten Minutes Prior]]

The two men sat in the room casually.

"Well Joker it's been a long time, hasn't it?" Penguin asked grinning.

Rolling his head back, the Joker let out a loud cackle. "Certainly has. Now, tell me why you've dragged us out here?" He demanded leaning back in his chair.

"Always wanting to be in control." Penguin grumbled. "Well, for the past couple years, Gotham was the city of organized crime! The Batman was gone, too ashamed to show his face. Citizens and police got worried to the point where they welcomed him back. As you can tell, that made all of us respectable criminals upset. Six months. Six months and that flying bastard and his tag-a-long have taken away all the chaos." He growled.

The Joker leaned forward and put his elbows on his knees. "By tag-a-long you mean-?" He moved his hands around showing he was slightly lost.

"Baty's got a little side kick. He's annoying as hell and calls himself 'Robin'. By the looks of it he's about your little toy's age." He added, grinning.

Immediately, Joker got tense. He didn't like him talking about Ebby. "That's nice. So all in all you want us to help you kill the Batman and his little friend?" He asked pursing his lips together.

"Yes."

A sadistic smirk spread over Joker's face. "I do love dangerous games." He let out a roll of laughter leaning back into his chair.

"What about the girl?" Penguin asked, a serious face. He slipped off his glove, exposing his deformed hand and grabbed a drink standing on a nearby table.

"She'll do anything I'll do."

"Ah, still manipulating people, my old friend?" Penguin chuckled.

"First, your not my friend." He said darkly. "And second, she came all on her own."

[[Present/Rebecca's POV]]

I stood in front of J clenching my fists. "I don't care if you know them!" I shouted stomping my foot. "This is just going to end up badly and I'm going to be thrown in jail, or Arkham, neither of which I'm fond of!" Turning around, I stomped back into the club bent on telling them all off. But I didn't.

Stomping right at the door, my shoulders drooped. Penguin stood proudly, grinning, as Bane held Jen tightly a hand over her mouth. I felt defeated because I didn't even need to ask to why she was here.

"Why the fuck do you even need me?" I snapped haughtily.

"Because!" The Riddler sang. "When planning a great rebellion we must use several assets. You happen to be one of them!" He cackled twirling his cane.

Jen struggled relentlessly in Bane's grip her curses muffled. Anger bubbled inside me as fought to keep myself in control. I gripped my hands together and inhaled deeply.

"Fine. Just let her fucking go." I growled.

Penguin look over at me, examining my stature, before waving a hand to Bane. The hulking man released Jen who stumble to the ground. I rushed to her side and pulled her up dragging her away from the group quickly. The one named Firefly smiled and let out a laugh as he flipped the lighter open. Jen froze next to me staring at the fire fearfully.

Quickly, I led Jen out of the club. Once we were outside she relaxed. She ran a hand through her wavy hair then looked at me sideways. A small breathless laugh came from her mouth.

"So that's what you did, Ebby? You killed people?" She laughed shaking her head. "Not only that, but you helped one of the most acclaimed villains in this state! And now, your in a group of criminals who are trying to bring down THE Batman, and to get you in the had to kidnap me and scare me shitless?" Jen laughed again.

I guess she's afraid of fire.

"Yep." I replied shortly.

"I knew it!" She yelled punching the air.

I could have fallen down on the ground laughing my ass off. Jen, my crazy friend, could make this situation into something laughable. But it wasn't, and I couldn't laugh. I felt like I was becoming trapped. In such a short amount of time too. I shook my head and led Jen to the van, where we waited.

There wasn't much I could do, I couldn't just leave. I'd have no money and no where to go. And there was no way in hell I was going to cell them out, that wasn't me. I had to protect Jen as well. So, for now, I'd just have to go along and have fun blowing peoples brains out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I hope this chapter is up to snuff. I don't really have tttooo much to say, so toodles!

-Babylon