The Freedom of a Killer Is Gone

Chapter Four

The Joker and I dropped Jen off at her apartment building then came back home. I had not said one word to him. I've, gone back to calling him that, he's more Joker than Jack now. Maybe it was childish, but could not help but give him the cold shoulder. I was not specifically mad with him, just more mad with the situation. As we pulled into the drive way, I jumped out quickly and went inside. The tension from the van followed us to the house.

Stomping into the kitchen I ripped open the fridge and grabbed a beer. I was so angry and I needed to let go, even if that meant drowning it down with some disgusting drink. Just as I put the bottle to my lips, the bottle was grabbed from my hands. The Joker placed the beer calmly on the kitchen counter and pressed my up against it. My breath hitched in my throat as I stared up at him. As always when I was in surprise, I closed and opened my mouth.

A smirk stretched across his scarred lips. "I've never seen you angry and innocent at the same time." He whispered.

Setting my face back to normal, I glared at him. "Let me go." I growled.

Grinning, he pushed us closer, his dark eyes taunting me. "Your mine, I can do anything I want to you." He growled back.

My body shivered at his words. I took in a labored breath and eyed him warily. "No, you can't." Pushing him back I walked towards the bedroom. "I'm going to fucking sleep." I snapped.

I stormed into the bedroom and grabbed a pair of pajamas from the dresser and tossed them on the bed. Dragging a hand over my face I stripped off my shirt and threw it on the floor. Suddenly, something tackled me from behind. I couldn't help but let out a shrill squeal. Flipping me over, I stared into the Joker's eyes. Scrunching my eyes, I let out a laugh. My laugh was cut short as his lips smothered mine.

Our teeth clashed together violently as our clothes began to fly. I really didn't care at the moment of the events previously today. My back arched into his chest as he bit down harshly on my shoulder. Both of our bodies collapsed onto the bed.

As always, the Joker pulled me close to his body in a possessive hold. For the moment, I was happy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knock-knock

Shooting up from the bed, I looked around wildly. I regretted shortly after as my head began to ache terribly. Again, the knocking came. Tearing the sheets off the bed I wrapped them around myself. Really, I didn't care that someone was at my door at 7 AM in the morning. I was more along the lines of fucking pissed that this person had woken me up so early.

Yanking the door open, I stared at Dent and Firefly. Both of them raised their eyebrows. Clenching my teeth I glared at him men. "Bite me." I growled angrily.

"Seems like someone's already done that." Firefly sneered.

Slapping a hand to my shoulder, I covered up the bite and stomped away. "Wait in the fucking kitchen!" I shouted. As I walked to the bedroom I saw Joker had already clothed himself. "I hate them." I muttered closing the door behind me. Dropping the sheet I quickly dressed then followed the Joker to the kitchen.

The men stood in the kitchen, arms crossed.

"Get your stuff, we're going to Gotham." Dent instructed.

"Aw, so we're wasting no time." The Joker grinned and went to go get whatever he wanted.

"I need to go some place first." I muttered.

"If your thinking about going to see your little friend, don't worry. We've got her already." Firefly chuckled.

My body tensed at his words. They already had Jen, wonderful. "Yeah, but I still need to go somewhere. Here, I've got a wonderful idea! You three just go off to Gotham, and I'll take Jen and we'll meet you guys there." I suggested in fake enthusiasm.

Dent narrowed his eyes at me. "Do you think we're that stupid? You'll just run off." He growled.

"Now, Mr. Dent, do you think I'm that stupid to run off and miss the fun. Besides, I'd be dead as soon as I made it two feet ahead with the intention of running. Just tell me where to fucking go and I'll be there." I demanded.

"Be at the GNC building by four." Dent snapped.

I nodded my head then walked past him to grab the van's keys. Without wasting anytime, I grabbed a jacket and my wallet then walked calmly out of the house. I jogged to the other car in front of the house and tapped on the window. The window rolled down and Jen peered up at me.

"Come on, we're taking a separate car. And we've got to stop by the shop." I told her opening the door. She got out, hands unbound, obviously she came willingly. Both of us hopped into the van and zoomed off.

"Why are we going to the shop?" She asked.

"Because, we've got to close the shop so no one will get suspicious, and we have to give that dude his motorcycle parts he wanted. Come Jen, keep up." I laughed. Minutes later we pulled into the shops parking lot. I instructed Jen to stay in the car.

As soon as I was in the shop I looked around for paper, any sort of writing instrument, and some tape. I quickly found the items and began to write a 'Closed till further notice' sign. Just as I was finished the doorbell rang as someone walked in. It was a man, he had short brown hair and light blue eyes. He had on a leather jacket and waltzed through the store.

"Hi, I'm Dick Grayson, I'm here to pick up the parts." He explained.

"Sure, give me a sec." I walked into the back and sifted through the piles of junk trying to find a package labeled 'Grayson'. After a few minutes I found it and emerged back into the shop.

"Thanks," He said smiling, as I handed him the package. Looking past me, he saw the sign on the counter. "You guys are closing?" He almost sounded disappointed.

"Yeah, my friend and I are taking a break and moving over to Gotham. We've got friends there who need our help as well." That was very close to the truth.

A light seemed flicker on in his head. "Really? I live in Gotham as well. Where are you guys moving to?"

"I'm not really sure, we're meeting up with our friends when we get to Gotham." I explained airily picking up the sign and the tape. As I taped the sign on the door I noticed a man in a suit leaning against the store, he must have been waiting for Dick.

"You know," Dick began as he walked to my side, "I'd love to show you around Gotham. Would you want to meet up sometime?" He asked smiling gently.

I was shocked to say the least. Obviously, the answer was no, for several reasons. But then again, what could it hurt? It's not like it could do any harm. Besides, I deserved to have fun and screw with this guys head.

"Sure." I said after a couple seconds.

"Great!" Dick exclaimed a grin on his face. "When are you leaving for Gotham?

"Today."

"Cool, then, how about tomorrow we meet…here." He pulled out a slip of paper and wrote down an address.

"Ok," I smiled back at him then walked out of the shop.

This was stupid, dumb, retarded even. If anyone found I was doing this I'd be in deep shit.

I locked the shop door as Dick walked over to the man and waved good bye. For a moment the man flicked his gaze at me. Immediately his eyes went to the silver scar on my cheek. I walked past them and into the van. Jen gave me a curious look.

"What was that?" She taunted.

"Nothing, now we've got a lot of freaking driving so don't get on my thinning nerves." I instructed then drove away from the store as quickly as possible.

When we make it to Gotham, I've got to do something that gets my nerves settled. Mainly killing should do the trick.
♠ ♠ ♠
The last couple of chapters have been funky, I can tell. But, I'm hoping that once the reall villianry starts up I'll be able to write better. I'm sorry if I've disappointed some of the readers, but don't desert the story just yet.

-Babylon