The Freedom of a Killer Is Gone

Chapter Six

[[Wayne Manor]]

Bruce Wayne sat at his desk sifting through several papers. Once he had assumed his position as the vigilantly paperwork had piled up again. Though, Lucius had thankfully stepped up and helped him.

After returning from the small town to get Dick's motor parts the young man had once again spent hours in the garage. He truly loved motorcycles and Bruce had many. Rubbing his eyes, Bruce pushed the papers away. The millionaire stood up and walked from his study, hand stuffed in his pockets.

It had taken years, but the Manor was finally rebuilt. Alfred had expressed his happiness being back many times. Though, it was strange to have another person besides Alfred and himself in the house, he did not mind having Dick around.

As Bruce strolled into the kitchen loud footsteps echoed behind him. Turning around, he faced a slightly panting Dick.

"Bruce," The young man said breathlessly, "you need to see something."

Soon, both men were jogging into the living room. The news was on, and Alfred stood lumped in front of it.

"-The tape truly shows us, peace can't last forever."

The new room switched over to a room bare and blank.

"Good evening people of Gotham!" A squeaky voice cackled.

A man with newly dyed green hair, purple coat and slacks, stood, back facing the camera. Disbelief ran through all three men.

"Now I know, I've been gone for quite sometime, BUT I've come back with friends. You see, we don't really like the way Gotham's become. Baty and his little sidekick have been running around this city, putting things back in line. Where's the fun in that? We want to bring back, the old Gotham. At the moment, we have no demands, yet. But," He paused rocking on his heels, "we do have a little message!"

Turning around, his painted face sneering at the camera. "We're coming for you Baty. Watch out." The Joker let out another hideous cackle before the camera turned off.


"Good god." Alfred muttered, his accent distorting his words.

Bruce turned off the TV and ran a hand through his hair. It was getting to easy, he should have expected something like this to happen. But, it was strange, after four years that the Joker had appeared again.

"Great, I'll probably miss the plans I haveā€¦" Dick grumbled slumping into a chair.

"What plans?" Alfred asked, surprised that the young man would go anywhere but the garage.

"Today, when we went to go pick up the new parts for the bike, I talked to one of the girls running the store." A goofy grin slunk onto his face. "She was very pretty, and she seemed interesting. Though, she did have this scar on her face, kinda strange, but it made her seem so different. She agreed to meet me tomorrow." He explained.

The previous events of the day came back to Bruce. The girl, she seemed hauntingly familiar. Dark red hair, green eyes, and pale skin. Though, he could no bring himself to think of who she was. She was quiet, reserved, and seemed slightly uncomfortable. But, Dick seemed happy, and he was glad his young friend was coming out of the garage.

"That's very nice Master Grayson." Alfred commented, smiling.

Soon, Dick left to sleep, readying himself for the next day.

Bruce sat down my Alfred running a hand through his hair. "This is going to be bad isn't it Alfred?"

"Master Wayne," Alfred sighed getting up, "it's never going to be good while there are people like the Joker running around." With that the Englishman walked away.

Sighing, Bruce dragged a hand over his face. Things were just going wrong.

Harvey Dent had escaped from Arkham Asylum.

Yes, that is where the former DA had been. Many had thought him dead, and that was better than the truth. He had truly become insane. He had been locked up in Arkham for four years, then somehow he broke out. This worried Bruce. He had hoped Harvey would be thought(even in death) as a hero, and not live on as the villain he had become.

The chaos, the evil that was about to come, was simply more than Bruce Wayne, and Batman, could ever expect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, well this is just a filler chapter! I'll probably raffle the usernames of the people who sent me a message. Sssssoooo if you still want to be part of the raffle you might want to do it relitively soon. Yeps, hope you enjoyed the filler chapter.

-Babylon