False Secret

Tears

“Emily, are you ready?” Leo asked.
We were at his front porch. The sky was a bright pink. The sun was about to set soon. I looked at Leo expecting for him to look different as Edward Cullen did in Twilight. But he looked exactly the same as he looked when it was cloudy.
“Surprised?” he asked me as if he read my mind.
“Ya, a little bit.”
“No worries. My family has self control. They aren’t like wild animals ready to pounce on the closest food source there is.” he ensured me.
Before I could say anything back to him, a blond haired, blue eyed, pale girl opened the door and made her way into Leo’s arms.
“They’re here.” she said turning her head to the door as she backed up from Leo. “You must be Molly, right?” she asked turning to me.
“Emily.” I corrected her.
“Oh, I’m sorry. Wrong person.” she shrugged her shoulders and walked away. The looked as of she was nineteen. It seemed to me that she had a little attitude problem.
“That is Daisy.” Leo said to me.
I nodded. When I looked to the direction in which Daisy walked I saw Aiden, Trace, Zach. I also noticed that there was another girl who looked as if she was the same age as I was. And then there was what I pictured Leo’s foster parents.
“This is Susan, Clinton, Lorelei, Daisy, and you know the rest.”
When he said the names, the person to whom they belonged to nodded their head.
“So you must be the infamous Emily.” said a voice. No one that I could see in the room said anything. I looked to a darker corner of the cream colored room and saw a girl who looked like she was five or six. Her straight black hair covered one of her eyes, which were a light gray blue. Her hair almost reached the center of her stomach.
She stepped into the light and her white cotton dress made her look like she was glowing. I saw Leo turn to me and I looked at him in a cautious way.
“That is Camryn.” he said as if he were trying to whisper in my ear.
“Yes, I am.” she smiled slyly showing off her pear-like teeth. Her light eyes glimmered in the light. When her face turned to the light she looked as of she could star as those little girls in horror movies. It was frightening and took my breath away from my lungs.
“Welcome.” Lorelei said softly.
I smiled at her and looked around the room that we were standing in. It looked so familiar. As of from a dream of a dream. The furniture was old Victorian. There was a desk with a large book with a feather pen placed in an ink jar. The walls were light cream and there were candles lit everywhere. The scarlet drapes were pulled t the side with a wide braided rope. You could see the same mills from where I lived.
I slowly walked to the window and felt everyone’s stare on me. I looked out the window and saw the same street that I woke up to every morning. I was onmy street.
“You live here?” I asked as turned to face Leo. “On, my street? In this abandoned house?’\
I looked around one more time and it hit me. When I ventured to this house, it wasn;t a ghost that scared me away . . . It was on of these vampires!
“Yes, we do. Is that a bad thing?” Susan asked as anyone would if they were offended.
“I’m sorry, it’s just that I know this place. I have been here before.” I looked at her skeptical face. “It is a wonderful place, but I have a question. Why here in Fall River? On this street?”
“I see that Leo hasn’t broke the news to you yet, huh?” said Daisy, raising one eyebrow.
“Tell me what?”
“About our move.”
My head snapped to him, and he looked down at his feet. I looked up to Trace.
“Oh, I see. Well, where are you moving to?” I asked him.
Daisy cut Trace off right before he even had a chance to speak.
“Well, Leo and I were going to France. Mom, and Clinton and Camryn are going to the Amazon, I don’t know why. . . But the rest are going to stay here and then in a few years or so, we are going to all move together in London.” she said with a major ’matter of fact’ tone.
“Oh.” I looked at my watch for an excuse, but it was only 7:24. Not time to leave yet.
Leo, Trace and Lorelei gave me a tour of the house. It still didn’t hit me that they were my neighbors. I never saw them anywhere around here before, well except for Leo at the corner store.
“So, what do you think of vampires?” Lorelei asked me.
“I think it is so cool. I mean I always thought that I was crazy for . . . You know, believing in these things.”
“Cool?” she shrugged “Sometimes.”
Susan was in the kitchen for almost the whole time. There was not a lot of conversation going on. i felt out of place so I hardly said anything.
They invited me to stay for dinner but I knew that if I stayed, it would become more awkward for me. So it was time for me to go home, which was right next door, I said goodbye to everyone and Leo opened the front door for me.
“Bye Emma, I’ll see you later.” Camryn said with a dark smile on her face.
“Bye.” Lorelei said one more time before I left the from porch. It was already almost 10:30. When I heard the door shut, I turned to face Leo.
“Leo you can’t go.”
“I don’t want to go either, but I really have no say in this matter. I-”
“So you want to go and leave me? Your not even fighting to stay, your brothers are. Why not you too?”
“No that’s not it, I don‘t want to leave you, and my brothers have no idea what they are doing by staying here. It is disastrous.”
“What is so ‘disastrous?”
“I can’t risk saying it, I might jinx it.”
“Why can’t you tell me!”
“Em. . . . if you think for one second that I am leaving. . . . . Because. . . . . I want to, you are crazy! This is the last thing that I would ever want to do to you!”
“I’m sure. I bet it’s that Daisy isn’t it. She wants you to go with her to France and you can‘t say no to her, I saw you and what you were like around her! She has you wrapped around her finger!”
“EMILY!” he roared. I heard growling coming from inside his chest and his teeth were clenched.
I just remember his hand flashing in front of my face, then it was dark. A second later I heard my alarm clock go off.
My eyes opened and were filled with tears that were escaping from my eyes at a rapid pace of what I had realized was all a dream, but I couldn‘t stop crying. I realized that I was gasping for air. I saw a bright figure was at the side of my bed in my room. Sitting in the computer chair. I couldn’t make out what it was because my eyes were covered in a film of tears. I rubbed them and saw him. At his feet were flowers and a thick book, with familiar writing and pages.. And that is when I realized I was right.
“Emma, are you okay?” said a soft voice that could belong to an angel.
“No, I’m moving and so are you.”
“I am not going to go anywhere.”
I wiped my eyes again and looked up at Trace’s face.
“Really?”
“Yes,” he smiled at me which made me smile too. “I have something for you.”
He picked up the flowers and the book and sat on my bed with me. He handed me the flowers, then the book.
“Thanks. They are beautiful.” I smiled.
He smiled back at me, waiting for me to untie the red ribbon that was tied around the book. I gently pulled one of the silk strands from the bow and it fell apart.
“I worked on it for a few years now." he said.
A few years, that sounded familiar. A few years ago he got turned into a vampire. Is that when he started it?
Then it struck me. Trace was my neighbor. That boy who went looking for his parents!
Trace looked at me and gently placed his hand on mine and moved closer.
"Trace." I smiled.
He came closer to my face and kissed me on my cheek. I held him close to me for what seemed like hours. I had that feeling that I always got around him.