‹ Prequel: A day at Camp

Forever Young

Thinking of You

Trace's pov

I went home today, yeah there were pretty hot guys who came in, but I didn't have the courage to give them my digits, even if Chris kept pushing me. I just kept doing my job and even some girls hit on me, but I just felt uncomfortable and shy since I don't go that way. I keep thinking about Josia and I just can't stop. It hurts that he's been taken for two years, but then again why wouldn't he be taken? I come home to my empty apartment, another day of boredom. I unlock the door and head inside throwing my light black jacket on the couch. I press the button to my answering machine and find I got a message from young sister, Miley. She's 13 and it turns out her birthday party was today at 5 and now it's 7, I can still make it. I ran to the bathroom to get a quick shower and back to my room to get dressed.

I grab a pair of denim skinny jeans with a red Metro Station shirt, we're not that famous yet, but maybe in a few years from now. Mason, Blake and Anthony will be there too, so it's gonna be a blast and I promised her we'll play a song in her birthday so I hope that goes well. Once i finished getting ready, I checked my hair and put on a thin line of eyeliner, then grabbed my guitar. I went out the door, locked it and headed towards my car, placing my guitar in the back seat. I sped my way to my dad's house and got there like in five minutes, since we don't live too far for from each other. I finally arrived and parked, the rest of the guys waiting. I quickly got out and grabbed my guitar from the back seat, then apologized, "I'm sorry I'm late, just got off of work." Mason replied, "It's okay Trace, were gonna play in a few, at least you made it." I smiled and asked, "Where's the birthday girl?" Anthony said, "She's in the back yard with some of her friends." I nodded and said, "Let's go say hi," they nodded and we headed towards the back yard through the back fence. Once she saw me, her eyes lit up and ran to hug me.

I gave her a big brotherly hug and she mumbled, "I didn't think you were gonna make it," I replied warmly, "I'm here Miley, I'll never miss your 14th birthday for the world." She smiled and continued to hug my tall frame. She said, "You can put your guitar over there where the other equipment is at." I replied, "Okay, I'll back in a little bit," she nodded and headed towards her friends, the rest of the guy joining them while her friends were flirting with them.
I shook my head playfully, they always get the ladies where ever they go. I set my guitar along with Mason's and headed towards the crowd. Blake put his arm on my shoulder and they continued with their conversation, while bringing me in it.

We hung out until it was time for us to play our hit demo, Shake it, the girls loved it especially Miley so it was a special request for her on her day. We headed towards the small stage they made for us and tuned our instruments. Once we were done, we started to play and Mason's voice rang smoothly into the mike. The girls cheered and Miley was singing along, I kept smiling at her as I sang the other vocals. I love playing this song, it just makes me feel nice inside, and it kept me thinking about Josia for some reason. It was the more I thought about him and saw him, the more I was falling for him, this sucks. I tried to push my thoughts away and tried to focus on the song and entertaining the semi big crowd. I like to perform in front of people, I've always had since I was a kid, it was inspirational when I saw my favorite artists perform. Soon we were done and started to play our another hit single, control, I love this song as well.

I realized in this one I thought more and more about Josia, it's not helping. I still tried to focus and it was like I was singing to him. It felt good, gave me butterflies every now and then. When we were finished, everyone cheered for us, and got off the stage feeling good about ourselves. Miley hugged us and congratulated, "You guys were awsome, you're gonna get far, I know it." We thanked her and sang happy birthday after dad got the cake out, coming from the kitchen. Miley looked so happy, and I was glad to see her like that, it just made me feel good about myself. We ate some cake and stuff, and Miley asked, "So you met anyone at work?" My stomach turned, yah this really hot guy that has a boyfriend of two years, nothing new. I simply replied, "Yeah, but I'm not too sure about him." She inquired, "Why? Is he taken?" I said truthfully, "Yeah, and it's tearing me apart, he has a boyfriend of two years." She replied sadly, "That sucks, buddy, but you could always find someone new, even if it would be too hard to get over the guy." I replied, "Yeah, I couldn't stop thinking about him ever since I left work, what should I do?" She adviced, "The best thing to do is be friends with him, hang out, it's the only thing you could do in a situation like this. Make him trust you with his secrets and such, it might hurt cuz you like him a lot, but it's the only thing you could do if you wanna be close to him." To think about it, she was absolutely right and I said, "Thanks Miley, your awsome," she joked, "I know," playing with one of her ponytails. I laughed as she joined me and we stayed talking for a little while more until I went home.